Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Boxturret posted:

imagine the sort of wretched creature that would be mad that similar words to those that they wrote on a web forum appeared in a parody game

ohhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Boxturret posted:

imagine the sort of wretched creature that would be mad that similar words to those that they wrote on a web forum appeared in a parody game

disgusting autodoxx

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I wasn't turbomad, i just told him that if he is going to steal all of the information crowdsourced here and pretend it's his own then to not also sell his poo poo here too. Nobody can fault a fraud for wanting to get paid but it's crass to come back to the scene of the crime like that.

He wants to talk here that's fine it's just legit gross when every loving post is a link to his blog or a sales pitch for his dumb loving game. Just have a conversation like a normal person.

Doesn't mean I'd buy a red text about it. It was probably divabot or something.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Aww gently caress I don't know how to work a legit accidental q!e into this

e: Stolen jokes:

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I wasn't turbomad, I typed madly into my keyboard.

pray for my aunt posted:

please dont put it on the blockchain that i got mad.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 8, 2021

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

there was no links to blogs and the game isn't for sale, what are you on about

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
wow looks like someone's mad they didn't get in on pre-mining the laffchain ICO

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Splicer posted:

This guy wants to be the salesman of that information and claim the lols as his own that's fine, just don't be desperate enough to bring it back here for a few extra clicks.

did you like, read their posts at all before coming up with this weird-rear end take

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Splicer posted:

I'm not saying he ripped things word for word. I never bothered word searching posts in his games but anyone who has read these threads since 2011 or so has seen the internal narrative develop. Hundreds of people have crowdsourced some really good jokes and riffs on bitcoin.

This guy wants to be the salesman of that information and claim the lols as his own that's fine, just don't be desperate enough to bring it back here for a few extra clicks.

The equivalent would be someone from the Starcitizen thread selling a game filled with japes and bon mots the people there developed through tens of thousands of posts. I'm sure the time they paid $20,000 for a functional space door in their office and lied about it would be an interesting tidbit for a game. There were still like 50 people involved in discovering and figuring this poo poo out. If the end result of that is five years later one singular rear end in a top hat wants to claim he alone is responsible for knowing all of these weird and unique interesting things while also doing this bit where he got it? nah.

haha cool

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Since I hosed up the kayfabe already: I'm reposting posts from the grey thread from a guy who got real mad at divabot

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

there was no links to blogs and the game isn't for sale, what are you on about

oh i figured it out, this is a joke riffing on someone in the grey thread that's not landing well at all (because who the hell reads the grey thread) and it's just making Splicer look weird

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

oh okay, i was legitimately worried that they'd gone insane

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Splicer posted:

Since I hosed up the kayfabe already: I'm reposting posts from the grey thread from a guy who got real mad at divabot

I was seconds away from pointing that out. Good effort, and I got a laugh out of it...

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shame Boy posted:

oh i figured it out, this is a joke riffing on someone in the grey thread that's not landing well at all (because who the hell reads the grey thread) and it's just making Splicer look weird
Sometimes you gotta take the shot :shrug: if nothing else you got to read very slightly edited versions of the best thing to come out of the grey thread in the past month

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i had seen that stuff in the grey threads, the mention of blogs should have been a big enough give away

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Boxturret posted:

i had seen that stuff in the grey threads, the mention of blogs should have been a big enough give away
I also claimed divabot bought him a red text

Just in case it's not clear: TotallyNotSatoshi your games are awesome and if I've ever written a funny joke feel free to steal it

e: also post stuff you seem cool

Splicer fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 8, 2021

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Shame Boy posted:

who the hell reads the grey thread

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

that was a loving terrible bit

but I agree with the part about "post about stuff besides your game, it's fine to just talk about stuff here, that's what it's for"

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Splicer posted:

people who have a vague idea but no ability to capitalize on it always get mad at the person who also has the idea but comes up with an actionable plan, puts in the work, assumes all the risk, and ends up doing something tangible with the idea

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

there's a grey thread???

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

as one of the hyper fractionalized ideas gals, i am entitled to a hyper fractionalized 50% of revenue and/or profits (preferably both), thank

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Grace Baiting posted:

there's a grey thread???

it's amazing that even there xlol was too obnoxious to live

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
gray thread started in 2017

gray altcoin thread ghost titty's work

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Sorry, did you say your name was Mary Bitcoin Thread?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
on Mt. Gox some statist poo poo mined a bitcoin. I was nowhere near this, and had been at a completely different cryptocurrency for a week when this happened. Upon return, another idiot said he had to smell the transaction of my blockchain to make sure I didn't do it. I attempted to explain not only was it impossible for me to have mined the bitcoin because I wasn't there, but even had I mined said bitcoin from over a kilometer away, let alone how far I was anyway the transaction would hit the ground. He was a special dipshit and demanded to smell the transaction and count my satoshis. These people breed.

:bitcoin:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i really hope that didn't scare notsatoshi away, i love their games:smith:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
I dunno, I thought it was clearly referencing something (though I didn't know what) from the beginning, especially since notsatoshi specifically said the games were a labor of love that generated negative income, and splicer's borrowed rants were all centered on profiting off of others' hard labor in the comedy mines

hopefully that clued notsatoshi in also

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

oh okay, i was legitimately worried that they'd gone insane

I've gone insane. Just totally bonkers, a real fruit loop, and I'm whooping and hollering about Bitcoin all over town. The men in white coats are chasing me down the road as I gibber and throw butt pennies over my shoulder like banana peels in Mario Kart.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Had to attend a session about crypto due to a work thing.

Me: "so while we have this where should we store it? Is there anywhere specific it should be kept that is more reliable?"

Crypto expert: " well you should spread it out a lot since any of these exchanges can go under at a moment."

Me: "story checks out"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

ZeusCannon posted:

Had to attend a session about crypto due to a work thing.

I'm sorry that happened to you

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

hi, has anyone said decentralized ponzi yet?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Splicer posted:

you got lucky lol

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
If I've scared off notsatoshi I'll feel real bad :(

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jonny Nox posted:

hi, has anyone said decentralized ponzi yet?

It's in the white paper.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
has anyone ever tried to get the energy back out of a bitcoin?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Noted holdable and existing item, a bitcoin.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
National Treasure, but instead of the declaration of independence, it's the original white paper that reveals how to get Satoshi's bitcoins.

Original idea, do not steal.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Well, one of them is ultrabrilliant.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Silver Alicorn posted:

You put it in the water and there's a chemical reaction that produces heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

i store all my energy in piles of ash