Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

lol yes the reason women earn less money is their feeble soft bodies are ruined by pregnancy, not the fact that childcare is more work than a full time job

it's such a facile read I'd think it was parody if it wasn't from a bitcoin shill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Agile Vector posted:

it's such a facile read I'd think it was parody if it wasn't from a bitcoin shill

But, you see, it could make pregnancy...uhm...faster!

https://twitter.com/janecoaston/status/1483577707766108163?s=20

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
once hyperbitcoinization gets rid of a few pesky social norms about what you can and can't sell the mechawomb could be used to generate pure profit!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
as a bonus, every child could come with his or her own NFT,

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

with bitcoin we will make the baby store a reality

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
your facebook friend in 2025: good news, we're mining a baby :)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Hammerite posted:

your facebook friend in 2025: good news, we're minting a baby :)

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Hammerite posted:

your facebook friend in 2025: good news, we're mining a baby :)
"good news, your baby is now compatible with every game in the ea library"

"uhhh, not sure i want my baby in any ea games"

"it's not optional"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is the blockchain future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lha6nzpNLq4

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
look here if one mechawomb can make 1 baby in 9 months, 9 mechawombs can make 1 baby in 1 month, it's just math

drk
Jan 16, 2005
buttcoin: decentralized autonomous ovaries

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zamujasa posted:

coin goes in, coin goes out

actually I can explain that

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

how babby is formed in the hyperbitcoinisation future:
when a man and a woman feel that it would be economically fortuitous to create a new life the man will transfer reproduction tokens in to the human female's wallet and 1-2 months later a mechawomb human baby will be deposited at their house by a friendly stork shaped decommissioned military grade murder drone

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
harry harlow but with bitcoin

drk
Jan 16, 2005
The womb refused to open. It said, “Five satoshis, please.”

He searched his pockets. No more coins; nothing. “I’ll pay you tomorrow,” he told the womb. Again he tried, again it remained locked tight. “What I pay you,” he informed it, “is in the nature of a gratuity; I don’t have to pay you.”

“I think otherwise,” the womb said. “Look in the purchase contract you signed when you bought this NFT.”

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
ubik still seems prescient

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

this is my favourite one yet, they forgot to yank the coins before announcing the “hack”
https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1483969305192636416?s=20

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Boxturret posted:

with bitcoin we will make the baby store a reality

the perfect future for libertarians

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
by the funds are safu, I set my coins in motion

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Russia is about to ban crypto, lol.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Chris Knight posted:

by the funds are safu, I set my coins in motion

we are house crypto, there is no regulatory call we won't ignore, there is no trust we won't betray!

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
oh how the mighty have fallen

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Ads displayed above are loaded directly from the Ethereum Blockchain. This Decentralized Application (DApp) does not have a traditional backend. No MVC framework, no SQL database. It's just a JavaScript application served statically from Github which speaks to the Ethereum blockchain using Web3.js. Pretty cool, right?

no, not really

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

njsykora posted:

this is my favourite one yet, they forgot to yank the coins before announcing the “hack”
https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1483969305192636416?s=20

lol
lmao

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

njsykora posted:

i love that they're talking about something that could actually benefit people but giving the worst possible reasons for pushing it

It’s like the opposite of that Mitchell and Webb death ray sketch.

“We have created a machine to further misogyny. What!? You want to use it to save premature babies!? Nooooooo”

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

DJ Burette posted:

Do these mixers even work anymore? I thought there were half a dozen companies that claimed to be able to track coins going through them and a whole bunch of darknet market vendors ended up with evidence of "mixed" coins appearing in the criminal case.

There are three major laundering entities that really do work to confound the amount of money going in any amount of money coming out on a long timeline, they work at great scale, and they charge well.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Gross, NMS that poo poo!

epitaph
Dec 31, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

no, not really

“decentralized”
“github”

hmmmmm

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's been so long I didn't even read the mouse-over.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

crosspostin'

The Fool posted:

this was inflicted on me, now I am inflicting it on you

https://twitter.com/alexmoss/status/1484138206291443714?s=21

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i have seen a fuckin' "minecraft rave" that looked more fun than this

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

second life still crushes whatever that is to a degree that it's just embarrassing. that makes it look like ("look like") a metaverse is a place for the boring nerds that couldn't cut it in a world of flying dongs and community creativity

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i dont know if anyone remembers "cybertown" but this is less impressive than that was

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I can't find the video now, but one of the video essay people I follow did a "review" of the Ariana Grande "Concert" in Fortnite. All other aspects of the game, it's business model, and how good or bad it is aside the end result was a very engaging experience apparently. You can find videos of the event on youtube easily now.

You had to interact with the other virtual attendees by reviving them at the start, and the rest of the songs led you and them through thematic "music videos" where you were the characters acting along to the music. There weren't any fail states so you got to see everything the show had to offer, but taken on it's own it was supposed to have been a pretty interesting concept for a shared experience compared to a real world concert.

That kind of thing is what every single on of these "metaverse" start ups is promising, but in reality you get...that thing. It's the reality of "ideas men" being given freedom and tools and told to create. It's so easy to imagine things, but making them come to life is loving hard as hell, so you just download a video player, slap some props around and live stream some tunes with nothing else to do.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Crain posted:

I can't find the video now, but one of the video essay people I follow did a "review" of the Ariana Grande "Concert" in Fortnite. All other aspects of the game, it's business model, and how good or bad it is aside the end result was a very engaging experience apparently. You can find videos of the event on youtube easily now.

You had to interact with the other virtual attendees by reviving them at the start, and the rest of the songs led you and them through thematic "music videos" where you were the characters acting along to the music. There weren't any fail states so you got to see everything the show had to offer, but taken on it's own it was supposed to have been a pretty interesting concept for a shared experience compared to a real world concert.

That kind of thing is what every single on of these "metaverse" start ups is promising, but in reality you get...that thing. It's the reality of "ideas men" being given freedom and tools and told to create. It's so easy to imagine things, but making them come to life is loving hard as hell, so you just download a video player, slap some props around and live stream some tunes with nothing else to do.

New twitchbait simulator games played on vinesauce on sundays ain't looking good

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Second life, VR and games in general have a big attraction of being able to escape reality with whatever craziness you can get away with.

I've never wanted escape reality to a loving meeting, that's for sure.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Fishbus posted:

I've never wanted escape reality to a loving meeting, that's for sure.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

crosspostin'

Wow you can really feel the bumpin bass

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Truman Peyote posted:

i dont know if anyone remembers "cybertown" but this is less impressive than that was
used to log on there on my 28.8K dialup connection

it even had a virtual economy, but you didn't need to participate if you didn't want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.engadget.com/opera-is-making-a-dedicated-crypto-browser-112602524.html

quote:

Opera has launched its Web3 "Crypto Browser" into beta with features like a built-in crypto wallet, easy access to cryptocurrency/NFT exchanges, support for decentralized apps (dApps) and more. The aim is to "simplify the Web3 user experience that is often bewildering for mainstream users," Opera EVP Jorgen Arnensen said in statement.

A key feature is the built-in non-custodial wallet that will support blockchains including Ethereum, Bitcoin, Celo and Nervos from the get-go. It also announced partnerships with Polygon and others. The idea is to let you access your crypto without the need for any extensions, with the option of using third-party wallets as well. You can purchase cryptocurrencies via a fiat to crypto on-ramp, swap crypto directly in-wallet, send and receive it and check your wallet balance. It even has a secure clipboard that ensures other apps can't data when you copy/paste.

The other primary function is support for Web3, aka blockchain-based decentralized internet, aka the buzzy new thing among crypto enthusiasts (and skeptics). On top of providing extra security via blockchain encryption, it allows users to access things like GameFi "where you can earn as you play your way through all sorts of metaverses," Opera notes. It also offers a "Crypto Corner" with the latest blockchain news that also "lets you grow your Web3 skills," according to Opera.
lol