Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Boxturret posted:

someone please tell me this is an existing show that someone just edited in the enefftees

https://twitter.com/FFVV1211/status/1528043201885442048

People just want their Gaia Online avatars to matter again. They will captain planet villain pollute the Amazon and spend their last dollar to get their shiney recognized and loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol all this "analysis" is transparently just :words:, it's no more intellectually valid than a printed pamphlet about how actually aliens built the pyramids and cancer is cured by drinking vinegar as we can see from this graph

it's like they're all trying to be the David Icke of economics

to be fair real actual market analysis of not bitcoin also reads like that

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Shame Boy posted:

to be fair real actual market analysis of not bitcoin also reads like that

that's kinda true. like a week ago in cspam i said "based on empirical data like my dog burping and farting simultaneously just now, i think we're gonna see a real strong recovery" after someone posted a bunch of bullshit analysis, and someone pointed out that was probably just as technically valid

loved the simultaneous burp n' fart though, it legit impressive

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

lol all this "analysis" is transparently just :words:, it's no more intellectually valid than a printed pamphlet about how actually aliens built the pyramids and cancer is cured by drinking vinegar as we can see from this graph

it’s a mistake to dismiss this sort of post as pure dumbassery. crypto is small and stupid enough that if enough retweets happen it can easily move the market and self-fulfil the prophecy. this is a blatant attempt to manipulate the market via tea leaf reading.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

that's kinda true. like a week ago in cspam i said "based on empirical data like my dog burping and farting simultaneously just now, i think we're gonna see a real strong recovery" after someone posted a bunch of bullshit analysis, and someone pointed out that was probably just as technically valid

loved the simultaneous burp n' fart though, it legit impressive

i do that sometimes and my wife applauds when it happens

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

technical analysis is, basically, entrail reading no matter what it's applied to and who is applying it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Oh god Itanium....

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
so nfts seem to be firmly cemented as being a thing you buy and hope to sell for more than you bought it for, so have they given up on the dumb idea that it will let you use the BFG9000 in solitaire?

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Boxturret posted:

so nfts seem to be firmly cemented as being a thing you buy and hope to sell for more than you bought it for, so have they given up on the dumb idea that it will let you use the BFG9000 in solitaire?

i think that feature's supposed to arrive sometime after they put the metaverse on the blockchain

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

the solitairecoin mmo is still in production but it’s going to blow you away when it comes out, so people are clamoring to buy the bfg9000 now - they’re getting in on that ground floor, baby

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
roadmap, fall 2023: that thing where when you win all the cards start bouncing around the screen

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
winter 2025: use the proceeds from the nft sales to hire someone that knows how to program the cards to only go where they're supposed to

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Crypto Investors Roleplaying as Pee-Obsessed Goblins to Cope With Crash

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
huh, seems a little crude and low-effort for the onion but sure ok *mouses over* ohhhhhh

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

haveblue posted:

huh, seems a little crude and low-effort for the onion but sure ok *mouses over* ohhhhhh

I think one of the reasons crypto is so entertaining is the reality defies parody by always being dumber than something someone could invent to mock it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Boxturret posted:

nfts in games are still a thing. square enix's ceo has the crypto brainworms and sold off all their western studios to focus more on nfts and blockchain at the beginning of may

https://wccftech.com/square-enix-explains-why-it-just-sold-eidos-and-crystal-dynamics/ posted:

Today's breaking gaming news that Square Enix sold its internal Western developers (Eidos Montréal, Square Enix Montréal, and Crystal Dynamics) to the Embracer Group for $300 million was followed by a press release shared by the Japanese company, which includes financial details and the rationale behind the move.

The Japanese company said it aims to focus on blockchain, AI, and cloud from now on, just as mentioned last week by Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda, who highlighted the importance of blockchain and play to earn to incentivize the creation of user-generated content. Square Enix will also continue publishing Western franchises such as Just Cause (Avalanche), Outriders (People Can Fly), and Life is Strange (Dontnod, Deck Nine).

unrelated to square enix, this mobile game just launched (in english) yesterday:

https://www.siliconera.com/ni-no-kuni-cross-worlds-launched-with-crypto-nft-plans/ posted:

Text on the game’s official website states that Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds “employs a gameplay-based blockchain system,” enabling players “to play to earn tokens through gameplay.” The team promises to “do [its] best to preserve the token values.”

The Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds crypto tokens take the form of “Territe” and “Asterite.” Territe is earned through regular activity, while Asterite is earned through PVP activity in the game’s arena mode. These currencies also function as resources used for character progression. They can be traded for the crypto tokens (NKT and NKA) that reside on Marblex, the blockchain operated by NetMarble across its games. Players can then trade and sell them to each other or to third parties. They can also trade for MBX, a NetMarble-exclusive cryptocurrency.

According to a content roadmap, NetMarble plans to add NFT functionality to Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds by “Q4 2022.”

apparently it launched in asia a while ago and made over $100 million dollars in its first 11 days so it's not a tiny irrelevant game either

however this is all examples of big companies latching on to nfts as a way to grift more money out of users. i don't know if there are many cases of true believers(tm) trying to shill nfts on the premise of keeping your bfg between games anymore

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Beeftweeter posted:

price of BTC and ETH are dropping like stones, lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

nfts in games are still a thing. square enix's ceo has the crypto brainworms and sold off all their western studios to focus more on nfts and blockchain at the beginning of may

unrelated to square enix, this mobile game just launched (in english) yesterday:

apparently it launched in asia a while ago and made over $100 million dollars in its first 11 days so it's not a tiny irrelevant game either

however this is all examples of big companies latching on to nfts as a way to grift more money out of users. i don't know if there are many cases of true believers(tm) trying to shill nfts on the premise of keeping your bfg between games anymore

i'm totally okay with squenix divesting themselves of a bunch of properties i enjoy

vastly increasing the chance someone will make another game with them

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
man if only cloud had put aerisths on the blockchain, sephiroth couldn't have taken her out like that

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
you might say that the holy materia was aerith in nft form? makes you think

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Weatherman posted:

man if only cloud had put aerisths on the blockchain, sephiroth couldn't have taken her out like that

ah but aerith = earth = terra and we all saw what happened to that!!

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
don't have a dao, man

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

SubG posted:

don't have a dao, man

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

SubG posted:

don't have a dao, man

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SubG posted:

don't have a dao, man

lmdao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

SubG posted:

don't have a dao, man

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

SubG posted:

don't have a dao, man

mods

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

SubG posted:

don't have a dao, man