Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i was at a dinner with some nft people this weekend. i basically kept my mouth shut but they were unsurprisingly discussing it purely in terms of how much they could expect to sell it for in the future. it could be screen grabs of color swatches and it would be exactly the same to them

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

fart simpson posted:

have those people actually flipped any for a profit? why buy a secondhand one instead of just waiting for lazy lions to pump out more nfts and getting a new one

no, they were all circlejerking about how much they had gone up in value. one commented that it wasn't real value because they hadn't sold, but they wanted it to go higher, and weren't sure what point they would decide was right. i would describe their facial expression while delivering this as a mix of shame and anxiety but i'm sure they would disagree

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

1 tether = 1 BUFU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lmao

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

charlie wilsons war 2: the crypto commander

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

good for them

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

people are insanely eager to yield cultural ground to neo-nazis. oh you know the difference between julius caesar and augustus caesar? id be careful with that, people might think youre a god drat nazi

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i know this is beside the point but i can't help but chuckle at saying "no excuse for this disgusting behavior" about something they did themselves

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

buttcoin: sadly, gently caress that

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i dont know if anyone remembers "cybertown" but this is less impressive than that was

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/liambakers/status/1484904385104777219

i hope this is real because god, what a pathetic dream with an even more pathetic outcome

not a single bank would even have me for free labor, lmao

i always dreamed of being an investor. unfortunately you have to go through 5 minutes of forms to sign up with questrade so i am stuck always on the outside looking in

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lol i was talking to my friend who recently quit his job to become a full-time freelance financial advisor. hes very happy he did it but he said the worst part is explaining what he does and hearing a pause before someone says "...huh. so what do you think of cryptocurrency"

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

:hmmyes:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i also don't care for them stealing teamster valor

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

we've got some thing at work where it randomly matches you with other people in the company to have a natural, casual chat every couple of weeks. I got the crypto guy a while ago. looks like that, went on and on about how he's living with his parents so that he can reduce expenses and put everything into crypto. apparently has zero savings that are not in crypto of some kind

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

yeah I always do it because it seems better than working but a lot of those chats are very unpleasant

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I wager 50. [checks price of bitcoin] uh, make that 42

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lots of unimaginitive people pitting austrian economics and hitler against each other, as if pinochet didn't demonstrate that the two go together perfectly

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Clockwerk posted:

we will continue to embrace and loudly endorse this globe destroying garbage technology, but our chosen flavor is a slightly less environmental disaster, so we would also appreciate it if everyone could recognize what smart and responsible stewards we are

are you referring to bitcoin or to personal automobiles

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i went to moscow a few years ago and the most visible place that there were sanctions was the vodka shelf at the grocery store. foreign vodkas were like 10x more expensive than domestic vodkas

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

GamesmasterAndrea?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lol

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

unfortunately it is a tell-all by the widow of that crypto ceo guy who disappeared, not a steamy crypto-themed smut novel

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

ooga booga big. ooga booga verse. ill hodl my apes till im in a hearse

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

"On Oct. 14, in a house near Leeds, England, Laurence Day was sitting down to a dinner of fish and chips on his couch when his phone buzzed."

what a depressing sentence. this is like the opposite of "cellar door"

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

(to the tune of 'the kids aren't alright')

chances thrown
nothing's free
lost my ape
NFT

something's wrong
on opensea
apes are gone
shattered dreams

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lmao passed this today

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

njsykora posted:

i like that their website makes no mention of crypto and lists all their prices in dollars

i was clicking through their web site to see if this was just some kind of coincidence. unsurprisingly all the crypto bullshit appears to be on their social media

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

obviously i aint reading that but are they claiming that economies wouldn't be harmed by war if all transactions were on the blockchain? have we transcended "bitcoin can replace currency" and made it all the way to "bitcoin can replace the material economy?"

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

nah, they're claiming that countries won't need to demonstrate their power by blowing up other countries, because they could instead demonstrate their power by showing off how much mining power they have, therefore establishing which countries are stronger and weaker without any actual violence

lmao. i have to admit that this is less stupid than my first interpretation, even though it is basically a 5 year old's proposal for world peace

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

let's not underestimate the god-awful controller as a key contributor to the ouya's failure

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

fisting by many posted:

it's funny because it was a free gift to anyone who opened the game on mac

and that's why they were so rare

lmao I have one of those. surprised I never heard of it

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i am going to guess "blockhead"

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

bort posted:

so, Blockchain the Blockchain?

and this is my brother, luigi mario

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Paladinus posted:

In more ways than one thinking is just making GBS threads with your brain. You eat knowledge by learning things and poo poo out thoughts. And you never poo poo where you eat. But you do try to poo poo at work.

:hmmyes: legitimately more interesting than anything PG has ever said

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

my understanding was that they needed 51% of miners to agree to switch to proof of stake, ie, to agree to remove their own ability to make money mining etherium. is that not true? how did they get past that?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lmao yeah that explains it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006