Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

who did divabot piss off to get that red text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

i assume this is one of those bullshit deferred prosecution agreements where they admit no wrong-doing

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

i can assure you that traders loving love heatmaps

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

that museum got its money's worth. he's a hero

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Was Blockfi the crypto scam where some C-level tried to :justpost: his way through the claim that their interest accounts that was quite clearly a security, was in fact not securities, that just got hit with 100$ mio. penalty?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

much like the truck convoy, it is not trucks nor printers that suck, its the drivers...

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

divabot posted:

also printed tiny "it can't be that stupid" stickers cos i could

You're gonna tease a sticker and not post it.

shameful poo poo...

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

gschmidl posted:

What if package management .... but on the blockchain?

quote:

Releases will be signed by the maintainers themselves (rather than a middleman you are told you can trust)

Arh yes, the famously better solution of having to trust everyone by.... checking the signatures instead of relying on a central authority. Surely nothing can go wrong

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Butt how will I know when the market is in the endgame 'fleece the public' stage ??

absolute lomarf that "No consumer protection" can just be thrown in there... if there is no consumer protection why the gently caress does whatever consumer protection agency the UK has tell them to pound sand up the eye of their cockholes.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

mount gox customers had their claims valued at the dollar (or yen i guess) value of their accounts at the time of the collapse. as it happened during the bankruptcy proceedings they found a small pile of bitcoins under the sofa and in that time period bitcoin went up by factor of like 100 so they were able to pay back everyone and have a big stack of cash left over to give to mark

mark did nothing wrong

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

You think bootstrap themes are easy to replace? You think you can just ctrl+f and replace?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

the lomarfs are coming from inside the blockchain

https://twitter.com/realPaulSantos/status/1526156044933574656?s=20&t=pgU2FOIfLFHRQ_L_x1WoOw

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

DAO deez nutz

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

We all agree that every single "exchange" is doing an insane amount of wash trades, so monitoring the "price" of BTC is completely pointless unless you're an idiot with coins?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

It was Coinbase that sneakily added to a recent SEC filling that "By the way guys, your funds are not ring-fenced and you will be considered a creditor in case of bankruptcy?

Be your own bank indeed...

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/itstimconnors/status/1536734159816695808?s=20&t=-ZyIFI4M2mDbBASaiwsBpg

first time the sparkly, white web3 takes such a big reputation hit

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Thanks for the coinbase link.

Makes it so much more enjoyable watching all those wash trades and fake walls. Makes me nostalgic for the old days of MTGOX where these walls would just disappear riiiight before they were hit...

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

is this what the kids call EDGING?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I regret to inform the thread it has moved closer to 20.5k...

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

the first one is free. its always free.... next thing you know, you're down on the corner of 115th street slurping up half a juice just to keep your one ape alive and pawning your parents cold wallet to Jack the Ripah at your local for 2 eth...

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Booyah- posted:

Omnibus account just means "this is a single account but we acknowledge you are using this for multiple customers"?

Yes. It's also a nice construct if you want to obscure the real owner of assets in case you want to do some light securities fraud in traditional finance...

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

the markets seem rational the longer you inhale solvents..

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Yeah that's the guy! He succeeded and now he can slither under doors

New reboot of X-files Monster of the Week looks weak as gently caress...

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

The sad thing is that minorities are over-represented in lovely scam coins and get taken advantage of (more so than in the regular financial system)

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

what insurance company. im gonna need to stay away from a place that hires people with that terrible risk analysis.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

love to have an "exchange" that is 6 billion dollars in the hole

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Somebody hasn't heard of shut the gently caress up friday

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

smellmycheese posted:

an amusing thread wherein a “Moral Philosopher” , from Oxford University no less , expresses his regret at getting into bed with Fraudo Bagman.

https://twitter.com/willmacaskill/status/1591218014707671040

Look the TOS said they could not do it, so how could you forsee this happening? THE BREACHED THEIR OWN TOS

https://twitter.com/willmacaskill/status/1591218016519622656?s=20&t=aeyUJYhBPQLakKzHDgqA-g

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Remember that FI always stands for loving Idiots

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

"Hey sam this is your lawyer and i am encouraging you to keep posting all the good poo poo"

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

someone leak the actual charging document

"ON OUR ABOUT NOVEMBER 23. Sam Bankman-Fried DID KNOWLINGY ADMIT TO MULTIPLE FEDERAL OFFENCES ON MULTIPLE DIFFERENT CHANNELS OF COMMUNICATIONS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO TWITTER, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, RANDOM-rear end PEOPLE ON DISCORD, LEAGUE OF LEGENDS CHAT, BOTTLED MESSAGES AS WELL AS PHONE CALLS WITH HIS PARENTS)"

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

force o'leary to testify under oath that fuckwit

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

qirex posted:

I expect this to pass, if ever, at least a year after it's no longer relevant

crypto shouldnt get regulated. it should be killed. regulating it means putting it on par with regular finance and lending it credence.

its bullshit that needs to die. kill it with fire. kill it at the funding source:

no regulated financial institutions should be allowed to trade or engage in any form of crypto (just like the US bans CFDs) and no regulated financial institution is allowed to transfer funds to any entity engaged in crypto of any sorts.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

you can never buy class... I think?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Paul Ben-Victor

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

"if the internet is a series of tubes how can what i did be WIRE fraud? checkmate"

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I wanna see those wish.com, low-rent replica Armie Hammer twins go down.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

so celsius did everything that everyone with half a braincell could see from the outside

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

i genuinely think my dream job would be a fraud investigator, but with unlimited powers to get what i need to get to the bottom of it. Full subpoena powers, nobody can stop me. Like a glamours, fake, Hollywood version of a CPA/CFA (played by Ryan Gosling)

walking into an office and absolutely tearing their books to shreds, making GBS threads all over them and putting them in jail and making all the people they scammed whole again for a fairy-tale ending...

but alas...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I want to remake the movie The Accountant with Ben Affleck but get it right...