Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KnifeWrench posted:

this is not even to mention the fact that there's little reason to use a mixer unless you need to hide something illicit, so it's not even like traditional money laundering, because you're only gaining deniability about which criminal you are.

this is a similar argument to what the us government makes when they try to backdoor encryption, fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wutang-Yutani posted:

So my question is, can the recipient, B, see that the coins have come from A, easily? And if you send another payment later, will it appear to be from the same address? Or do wallets make new addresses for each transaction?

yes they can.

you don't seem to have the attention span or eye for detail it requires to keep a buttcoin address fully misattributable so i recommend you go full speed ahead into illegal activities, there's absolutely no way this will go wrong for you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wutang-Yutani posted:

I know it's fun to make fun of Bitcoin users but I'm only using it of necessity.
Mycrimes.txt is that I'd like to gamble online with 96% RTP instead of at the local pub at 86% and $14 beers I guess.

buttcoins were made for you. good luck.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

can we use the chairal network to recreate atlas' #include post? discuss

all the knowledge should be there if sam has come by to hook you up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Jesus Bitcoin sucks to use.
I use it to deposit for gambling because my government is hosed but it seems like every third time you try and send $50 some rear end in a top hat is on the same transaction trying to send $500,000 worth with $0.30 worth of fees.
Resulting in a transaction that takes days to complete, or just never does!
loving Bitcoin, piece of poo poo.

lmao you dumb motherfucker, get involved with underground gambling in your area if you just have to lose money gaming.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

the latest crash is actually Good For Bitcoin because it will cull out the weak-willed poser-hodlers, leaving only the strong and worthy with keys to moon

plus a lot of keys will be lost as people die so the reduced supply means increased value!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

i never thought i'd say this but now might actually be the time to buy one of the internet funbux. Are you able to sell these things and get your cash back yet?

with the world threatening to turn on the money faucet it might actually be a decent hedge against the devaluation of cash dolla

you have a fine appreciation of risk, i encourage you to invest 100% of your holdings into bitcoin immediately.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

what if i download a perfect replica of ross and torture it for eternity

i wouldn’t waste the time, frankly.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Chocobo posted:

ok i have a problem

years ago i invested heavily in urocoin, the urea backed cryptocurrency. 1 coin is worth 1 metric tonne of urea and the price of urea has stayed constant, it was a good investment and a good store of value. but now i am trying to convert my urea coin into urea and i can't actually find any urea producers willing to make the exchange?????

:piss:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

one from the grey thread:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

nobody really knows wtf is happening with that game:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

somebody finally found the devs and they deny buttmining in the game:

https://mobile.twitter.com/1stplayable/status/1246872273849651209

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DerekSmartymans posted:

My phone has started heating up the last couple of weeks and I cannot figure out why. I don’t have any antivirus or malware checking apps because I don’t know iOS at the nuts and bolts like I do Win10.

Is there an app for this? I find em but don’t know which is good otherwise a bad actor.

PLEASE GOD, DON’T LET MY PHONE HAVE A BITCHCOIN MINER!!!

go into the battery settings in the control panel and see which app is using a lot of power there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

no helldumping

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

maybe this is what will finally get me to post on reddit. probably not though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vomik posted:

what does "total value locked" mean? i assume its some coin concept?

i think it means the same as “days destroyed"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Weatherman posted:

what have they been talking about? do they still have unironic butters there shilling it up?

yes. i mean this thread isn't immune to that either.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

out of nowhere i get this email on the address i use for my internet purchasing:

quote:

Get A Prepaid Bitcoin Card for Your Everyday Purchases

Your Binance Card is ready for Delivery
The easiest, quickest & safest way to spend your crypto worldwide.

- We offers prepaid cards that can be used at any ATM around the globe, and in shops as an ordinary payment card.
Order Binance Fund Card
If you can't confirm by clicking the button, please copy the link below into your browser's address:
https://binance.fund/gateway-api/v1/public/capital/?confirmid=<removed hex string>
Verification code:<removed same hex string as confrimid in the line above>

didn't load the embedded images or click the buttons, but the poop is reaching out at me.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:butts:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

approved by no less than lowtax himself

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

<SHODAN-ized Iliza voice> Ok YOSPOS, are you ready to hear the pitch for my new app that will revolutionize registration and posting?

jon pop

ON THE BLOCKCHAIN

powerful tech

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Soricidus posted:

WRONG
LESS
FRENCH

ERROR
LESS
FRENCH

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CampingCarl posted:

Isn't the Nobel prize for economics the one that isn't real or something like that?

correct

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i am amazed they're still making these loving things.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i kind of thought fleetwood crack was a seraph rereg but he wasn’t quite bombastic enough. a seraph on meds should have been obvious in hindsight.

he also came in on a parachute to request clemency for the fleetwood account already.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

idk him getting all weird and obsessive about mods and probation maybe means he would fit in here

can they still train a poster on a single subforum? let him back but lock him in qcs

if i remember right it’s technically still possible but would require jeffrey to do some sql stuff in the live forums. he’s understandably reluctant to make one-off changes like that unless it’s truly dire.

CampingCarl posted:

make a posting zoo or circus. each permabanned poster can only post in their single thread and goons can observe the results of touching the poop. this way to the egress! hire me lowtax.

the post my favorites sub would be ideal for this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

is there a reason why every character has a lisp?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Amethyst posted:

anyone who posts in this godforsaken computer forum who claims to be an anarchist or anti cop or whatever bullshit is lying

lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i mean yeah i’d love to see all these craptocurrencies disappear too but they seem to have passed some critical mass of suckers where they’re going to be wasting energy forever.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

andreas touring the buttmines:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

Bitcoin: Dorian's Vision

coming this summer to that christian conservative movie theatre down on elgin street that can only stay in business because they're a gay cruising spot after midnight

good to hear it worked out for logansryche

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

...! posted:

Would it be possible to design a computer that solely operated on code validated by the Bitcoin blockchain? If so, what are the implications of such a device? Would it make the PC safer to use? Is this already a thing? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 4 hours ago by jarrettwil

BubblegumTitanium 4 points 4 hours ago

Have you made a computer before? Like designed and manufactured a computer.

jarrettwil[S] 0 points 3 hours ago

I have not. I’m an attorney, not an engineer. I just thought it was an interesting idea.

jarrettwil[S] 1 point 3 hours ago

I was thinking of safety verification through blockchain consensus. Basically, the code of any program your computer uses is verified as safe via blockchain consensus before loading.

Again, I’m not an engineer. Just a shower thought I had this morning.

jarrettwil[S] [score hidden] an hour ago

Yes! Code signing by consensus, or distributed authority, tracked on a decentralized ledger is exactly what I was thinking of. Thank you for helping me understand it.

:hmmyes:

you can use the 21 Command Line Interface to mine a quick hit of bitcoin

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

divabot posted:

so I spent three months blocked on getting this drat Libra book written, basically because of Covid-19 stress - the day job became busier, I had to take care of the family (kid's home, loved one has been quite unwell), the UK government are blithering incompetents, a death in the family, etc., etc.

so a few days ago I started scribbling mind maps to try to get material for an outline. Then I wrote out the outline!

it's way too long to just post here, but if you're interested email me at dgerard@gmail.com or pm me with your email address and i'll mail you a copy

here's the ten pages of chicken scratchings

you'd been kind of quiet lately and i wondered where you went. sorry to hear you've been having a rough ride but i'm glad to see you progressing on the book!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

theres a front page?

there definitely is today, check it out.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

jack abramoff is going back to jail for this one too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

going into the gip idiots thread i see, not a bad source.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

plz source ur source

Seriously I would really like to read the original.

this whole thread is a loving goldtransaction mine

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894960

some of the all time greatest are in the first few posts.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

yes it is

man now i really want to know what hot take he had that was so spicy it got him blacklisted from the entire global financial system

it’s buttcoin so it has to be kid loving or age of consent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

biden got hit.

twitter got loving owned hard.

can't wait to see what primo tweets come out of the president shortly.