Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

... starting now!

For real this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

elite_garbage_man posted:

bitcoin made flesh

I'm not sure what the Vegas Golden Knights have with being a "Christian Warrior"

not sure Joshua 1:9 is the proof text they think it is...

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Uh, that's a free Ross tossing away his freshly used cum rag while the shadowy hand of government fondles a bag of dicks below. His mom is just telling people he was picking up trash.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Boxturret posted:

rainbows are actually a circle, so the price will go negative and back in time, just like bitcoin

Rainbows are a trick of the light.

They're not real. Like bitcoin.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Boxturret posted:

whether man

Whither man?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

That's in Parables 17:5

It's New Testament

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Boxturret posted:

wasn't the original vampire avatar given in anger too?

yep. seraph both times, lol

someone rebought the av last time to change to a more appropriate vampire

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

the only tour de france blockchain that matters

Man, that dude with the sign has an immaculately punchable face.

I'm glad France dissapeared him.

Shifty Pony posted:

the real reason why butts getting locked into wallets with unknown keys doesn't matter is that no meaningful amount of them were never ever going to leave those wallets anyway.

bitcoiners don't actually spend anything, they just sit on their hoards. the only practical difference between the wallet of a living bitcoiner and a dead bitcoiner is the former doesn't have someone being insufferable about it on Twitter.

I don't have anything to add to this, but I wanted to acknowlege the greatness of the second paragraph there.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

hi, has anyone said decentralized ponzi yet?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

i love how all of these ideas start with "what if you could turn the thing you do for fun into a job" and everyone's just Fine with that

it’s “I’ve always been good at video games but bad at real life. what if I could force everyone into my video games?”

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

so....

Coming out of retirement is some kind of rug pull then?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Is Peter Thiel the mandolin guy?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I was thinking of Chris Thile.

But I've been confusing those 2 not-very-similar names for awhile now....

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

3) what happens if the “house nft” is stolen?

The hacker gets the house as a thank you for teaching you about data security.

You only want an hour by the birdbath with a shovel and no questions.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Someone just dumped a bunch of money into crypto and it's all slowly disappearing

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

Someone just dumped a bunch of money into crypto and it's all slowly disappearing

It's back to where it was. lol.

nevermind. lower.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

It seems like a lot of the spike back into 21,000 was from groups pumping it up. But if its dropping due to lack of faith, doesn't matter how often it gets pumped, its gonna fall.

Except that the pumpers are bad faith actors working with fake money. They can do this forever.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

i'm glad to see senators finally caring about issues that matter to me

loving internet introduced my son to Weezer.

Not really anything to do with bitcoin but my hackles are raised again

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Boxturret posted:

what's CEFi

Celsius financial insecurities

they understand acronyms as well as finance.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

haveblue posted:

sneakerheads are having a major problem right now because sneakers, being intended to be worn until replacement, were never made to be durable long-term and their collections are just spontaneously falling apart

it’s just the soles falling apart.

admittedly, an important part of the shoe.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

njsykora posted:

it's especially funny that shoes made specifically targeting collectors were seemingly made from super low quality materials so you can just rub a finger along the side and the cushioning just crumbles

what are they gonna do, stop buying the rare nikes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTvV5zBz5MU

Fake leather uppers.

Nike is selling these for $100,

you get a $100 shoe for that.

When will Web3 get here to fix this?

edit: also this dude's videos are still great but now have stupid level of ad read at the front.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Paladinus posted:

It's true. When you think about it.

wait, rear end think? or ear think?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

man you just redefined hoarders as lifestyles of the rich and famous and now I need to see someone cut that british guy's voiceover into a loving house full of trash and wildcat organization methods

I’ve seen those shows. There is no organization among the wild cats. Just inbreeding

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

it’s all kind of meaningless. lard might actually be better for you than canola or palm oil, but everyone eats so loving much of it they’re all getting sick anyways.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Boxturret posted:

shroud of the avatar launched?:aaaaa:

released March 2018

free to play October 2018

edit
also:

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i'm not reading a single word of this garbage and i'm proud of it

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

now I’m sad Millennials will never be financially secure enough to make safe wholesome vaguely conservative murder mystery shows.

r/murder starring Rachel McAdams would have been a comfortable terrible

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

HODL and BUSD

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I’m guessing the Celsius game right now is to move as much money from the marks to Russia or N. Korea or wherever as possible now?

Rather than try to get more marks drawn in for the long-term I mean.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

yes. if you make a DAO for an ai wiki generator, it will appear.

somehow. I’ve never understood that part.

but I have faith that code is law.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

so I was looking for the exact wording of the Slurp Juice quote and I found this

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/katienotopoulos/you-can-use-multiple-slurp-juices-on-an-ape

quote:

This post was intended to demonstrate the absurdity of the current NFT market. After publication BuzzFeed News learned the account promoting "slurp juice" appears to be associated with another account that has posted extremist hate. We have removed any links to the account so as not to promote the project. As the famous web2 axiom goes, “Everyone loves the slurp juice tweet! *5 seconds later* We regret to inform you the slurp juice is racist."

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

i just kinda assumed only harry could do that because he was The Protagonist, all the other kids just had to suck poo poo if they got put in the short bus house

it would be even funnier if Harry Potter was the only one who ever tried.

everyone else is an outsider who doesn’t know dick from poo poo, or an insider who was raised to never question the sorting hat.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Boxturret posted:

who wouldn't give a failing bitcoin exchange a billion dollars

Will you take 1 Billion USDT?

It's almost* exactly the same thing*

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fghk6leM_nY

FWIW.

He gives alternatives to the NooTropics to was SBF was using.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

NBA: Hey we've decided to do NFTs
nerds: What a breakthrough for Etherium and the Blockchain
NBA: After a review of your technology we've found a few efficiencies we can improve. We've removed Etherium and the Blockchain.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

What I'm getting from that is that the interviewer should have looked into Good Luck Games. They're probably still around.

I will check.

OH WHAT THE gently caress!!!!
https://articles.starcitygames.com/magic-the-gathering/good-luck-games-founded-by-former-mtg-pros-acquired-by-ftx-us/

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

evilweasel posted:

l liked the one who was like "someone called these five things the next big technologies, and blockchain was #5. the first four have created things. blockchain creates white papers and podcasts about crypto"

that’s not fair it also creates illicit markets for illegal and dangerous products, fraud, and funnels of money that keep pariah states funded.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

lollontee posted:

being the guy who lost out on a grift cuz you knew it was a grift from the start still makes you the loser. is the point i think seraph has been trying to make all these years anyway. good night

the love of money is the root of much evil.

like bitcoin.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

DaTroof posted:

https://twitter.com/NFT_GOD/status/1614442070340517888

i interpret this tweet to mean "i expect to get scammed like this repeatedly until i grow numb to it"

a master of letting go of his wallets

now I have Me and Bobby McGee in my head.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

you've done a better job of concealing that you post here from The Algorithm, the second youtube knows you're a goon you're gonna get flooded with Defunctland recs

No I won’t (I’ve already watched all the defunctland videos)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Boxturret posted:

sam's going to be wheeled in to court strapped to a harness, mouth covered, like he's hanibal lector

Hannibal’s Lector