Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i googled it and got this

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/jp-koning/hyperbitcoinization/

quote:

Whoops, you just got bitcoin’d
Though he might not have recognized 2019, my boss would have certainly seen the similarities between his vision and that mapped out by the newest group to join the anti-fiat money camp: the bitcoiners.

There is a faction of the bitcoin community that preaches the idea of hyperbitcoinization. According to them, the world is on the verge of coughing up its fiat money and adopting bitcoin.

“That’s my philosophy!” my boss would have protested.

But hyperbitcoinization isn’t just a warmed-up version of my boss’s crack-up boom, bitcoin substituting for gold. It’s a more muscled-up version. As Daniel Krawisz intimated when the term in 2014, hyperbitcoinization doesn’t need to be kicked off by governments engaging in a monetary race to the bottom. Hyperbitcoinization happens because bitcoin is already superior to fiat money.

you see it was stupid when goldbugs thought the same thing but when bitcoin does it it's valid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

after waffling a bunch the guy finally comes to the conclusion that "actually no that's dumb, bitcoin is fundamentally a gambling platform and nothing else" so good job

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i made an app that shows you a smiling stock picture of a farmer and tells you that this guy definitely grew your coffee and you should send them 0.01 cents to feel good about yourself

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

this is knockoff coffee! it wasn't defecated by a bat at all, it was defecated by a rat:mad:

what if the coffee is defecated by a bitcoin man, how much would you pay for that

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gazpacho posted:

Ross was a good kid from Westlake with utopian ideals who got in over his head

such a good kid, once got garbage out of a tree, god bless u saint ross

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

just wanted to end prohibition which is why he ran the website for free out of the kindness of his pure and gentle heart

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

klafbang posted:

know risk, know reward

dont worry, the risk will go down eventually

i fully understand risk, which is why i'm certain that there will be less risk in the future so time to buy buY BUY!!!!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

etherium's programming language was literally designed by a 16 year old and people use it to handle large amounts of what they claim is money, that's basically all you need to know about it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

wow how kooky and random

also why is jeffrey epstein in there, did he have bitcoins

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

i can't believe he included the transpotime 21 bus going through a black worm hole

hahah holy poo poo i didn't even see that the first time, that's fantastic

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

CampingCarl posted:

would you be shocked to find out that a pedophile funded cryptocurrency programs? because it shouldn't and he did.

nah like right after i posted that i went "oh right, bitcoin"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

is ARRR a pirate currency

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

thanks i hate it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

they're still so mad that andy wasn't able to woo the jury with his golden voice :sigh:

does this person think witnesses are the people who decide a trial

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bitcoin: This is not a problem we actually have.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

KnifeWrench posted:

I prefer "the solution you have proposed for a problem we don't have would not work" personally

does that fit as a thread title though

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

The patent could presumably allow users to exert more control over their shoes and shoe designs. For example, the application highlights that owners can set limits on how many copies of their proprietary shoes can be cloned and produced. There are also "surrogacy features" to grant others the right to mix shoe designs and "parenting/nannying features" to allow third parties to take care of the shoes.

what

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

I've only ever heard that accent on american tv

there was a kid i knew in college that had a very strong case of that accent despite being american with american parents and living in america his whole life, never did figure that one out. i guess he lived kinda close to the canadian border?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the f+ has a canadian guy who says "aboat"

aboots raingear

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

it's a real failing of the educational system that people can leave school and think that rhyming is all you need to make a poem :sigh:

i think the bigger problem is people leave school thinking that you can just call everything and anything "free verse"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

echinopsis posted:

wtf is this

it's cryptocom

welcome, to cryptocom

you can do anything* at cryptocom

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the clouds and the bushes are the same but different colors

mario is full of lies

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

CampingCarl posted:

no reason given why it might, just it might.

i might become the most successful professional football player on earth, so you should invest in being my friend now while it's easy :smug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gazpacho posted:

Banks hate cash money, its woth nothing.

yep if there's one thing banks hate it's money

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lambert posted:

Seems that way. Iota was thoroughly owned:
https://twitter.com/ercwl/status/1232648421351264256

iota is by far my favorite altcoin just because of how incredibly stupid it is even for a bit coin, and how angrily its defenders get when anyone points it out

like it's amazing how stupid it is, how did multiple people come together and make this thing and think "yes this is good, i want my name attached to this"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

divabot posted:

but what about the good that coronavirus does for the world? after all, it might kill crypto conferences and crypto "news" sites

i was literally thinking earlier on the drive to work "hm i wonder if anyone has figured out how coronavirus is good for bitcoin yet"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i know i always trust what famous people have to say to me on the internet

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

otoh if you buy bitcoin you deserve to be poor

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

eat no food a bitcoin touched

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

EorayMel posted:

We welcome you to INVESTMENT WORLD. an Hourly Pay investment platform , the first investment company with larger profit ,A System with Artificial Intelligence, we have EV SSL from Comodo. DDOS Protection .we have Reliable and Profitable Plans . This program is open for Investors all over the world, people who makes Investments and Enjoy Profit. We accept ,Paypal, credit cards, debit cards, Bitcoin , Ethereum and Bitcoin cash. We Provide 100% Money Back Guaranteed with Profit. FASTER GROW YOUR MONEY START MINIMUM $50. We ensure the security of your account and the security of your funds .We study the market every day, find and evaluate new potential projects.

Why Invest With Us?
Trust, reliability, and transparency is our ethos. And we’re proud to keep our values aligned with our clients visions in order for them to achieve the highest levels of investment safety, security and peace of mind allowing them to continue their daily lives whilst their money works for them. Your capital investment remains 100% protected. Our investment methods are unique. We utilize cutting edge technology and trade a diverse range of currency pairs. With the simple and logical investment plans accompanied by high and stable profit, it will simplify everyone’s thinking about the online investment world and help people make money more easily in that.The most important aspect of our investments, which range from low, middle and high income are based on the fact that our core investment is always guaranteed.

How to Invest.

Click on our Investment plan.(https://www.investmetworld.site/investment-plan/) Choose the best perfect plan for you.

Fill in the form and all page must be filled correctly.

Please do not fail to write review about us and your experince,after you have invested and received your profits. it helps our company and also create more trust to our investors.

:) Our happy investors :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5BmXR0ijeI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfxlRs-HtZI

how could you leave out the answer to "is investment world protected from hacker attacks"

quote:

Is Investment world protected against hacker attacks & what about the security?
Yes, we are using a strong 5 Gbps DDoS Protection with 99% up-time guarantee. Complex Layer 7 Protection. Global CDN Acceleration. Global Protected DNS. Web Application Firewall + Certified Domain SSL certificate for secure connection to our website.

wow, a certified domain ssl certificate!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

thank god, my unique cooking mama experience is finally secured

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

no no no! please don't mine the bitcoin!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gobbeldygook posted:

we've been making fun of LBRY for years. from september 2016:

they also had a disasterous AMA on reddit around that time.

what are you talking about, it's clearly new because they said it was new :colbert:

dave from eevblog has been trying real hard to make it work for him cuz he's into crypto and all i've noticed come of his effort is him begging people to subscribe to his lbry channel and him putting out videos complaining that lbry is down or broken lmao

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

...! posted:

Mining Scam Ecohashes?! (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 3 hours ago by Cryptolover34

I've come across a new crypto mining site called ecohashes. Not too much info, but the hash pricing is too good to be true, so it probably is?

The CEO is Harry Evan's, when selecting his image the alt text is "elder" someone was probably searching for an old guys pic online and uploaded it as the CEO.

Only found out about it by watching Chico Crypto video the other day on YouTube. I'm pretty surprised he would endorse it, since he usually does a lot of intense researching before he covers a topic.

Anyone come across this site?

this obvious scam site could be a scam site guys, do you think it's a scam site? because i don't know, what if it's real and i could make lots of money!!!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Chocobo posted:

buttcoin thread: your money is for you and your progeny, not for a woman

any female born after 1993 can't bitcoin... all they know is fiat, be statist, eat hot chip and lie

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also i almost missed this bit of that post

...! posted:

You should tell her you're reading about Austrian Economics, and she will either be uninterested, in which case you switch the topic to something completely different, or she'll be curious and ask "what's that?" in which case you should fertilize her brain

YOU MUST FERTILIZE THE SMOOTH IMBECILIC LOBES OF THE FEEEMALES WITH THE ANCIENT WISDOM OF MISES

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Cock and ball dorture coins.

i'm glad i'm not the only one that reads "cbd" as "cock and ball dorture"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Asked if he had any final comment, James said he was unable to reply as he “had some rather pressing head of state engagement necessitating my full attention and time [for the] last 48 hours”.

uh huh :allears:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

KnifeWrench posted:

which is ridiculous. everyone knows time is a cube

sounds like someone was educated stupid :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

wasn't this already done by those weirdos who were mining bitcoins using human body heat just to see if they could? i call bullshit :colbert:

also i love patent drawings

im fig. 145