Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FCKGW posted:

imo http://www.beepboopbitcoin.com is the most impressive thing that came out of those early years. sad that v3 never came out

dude showed up in this thread to talk about v3 a while back (cuz we stumbled on some of the same jokes he did by coincidence and he wanted to make sure he didn't come off as ripping us off :3:) and is apparently still making it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

it's got fuckin' 3D sections and seems really elaborate so maybe it'll never come out but it's nice to know it's still churning away somewhere slowly

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

wow!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

kalensc posted:

What was the name of the guy who ran a bitcoin talk show on youtube and at some point goons rang his phone until it fell off a chair. Also iirc he had some skeevy connections to sex tourism

bruce, not to be confused with the other guy named bruce, or the other other guy named bruce

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Stephen Harper posted:

i don't know why everyone is so worried, according to isthiscoinascam.com Terra still has a C rating

im conservative bitcoin

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

I wonder what happened to the guy who got heat stroke from his mining equipment

that original was I think shown to be fake, however it has since actually happened to someone else so it balances out

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

why in the actual gently caress are they doing this if the price hit 0 and isn't moving?

relax, it's decentralized

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

you should have to give up your blue checkmark if you got it for crypto bullshit and then lost all your money

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

average four simultaneous price paid same USD rotation

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

trucutru posted:

Remember PirateAt40? He had the largest bitcoin ponzi ever (with something like 10% of all active butts invested on it) and I just checked its numbers and they look so quaint today.

7% ROI
40 million in losses.

For handling 732,000 butts.

i still read it as pira teat 40 every time

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what happened to all the other cities eager to mirror the success of miamicoin that i read about literally days ago!!!!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

lmao

quote:

Forth Worth, Texas, for example, will soon be running bitcoin mining rigs in city hall.

help the entire city council died of heat stroke

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

No models currently exist for how US cities can incorporate cryptocurrencies into their economies and government operations. But Stanley argues that MiamiCoin will be used for local business transactions, facilitate software development, and even one day furnish a source of a universal basic income for residents. Stacks is also running an accelerator program for CityCoins, and recently accepted 11 new companies to build gaming, educational, and financial apps for its cities.

Even as MiamiCoin’s price plummets, Stanley insists that it can and will have practical applications soon.

soon! there's gonna be a miami metaverse or something i bet! just you wait and see!!

quote:

In an interview, he acknowledged legitimate criticisms of cryptocurrencies, a space rife with scams, deceit, and puffery, but insisted CityCoins is an exception, a rare crypto product with transformative potential. “One type of person thinks that everything in crypto is a scam,” Stanley told Quartz. “Another type of person thinks ninety-nine percent of crypto is a scam but one percent is insanely important. I’m in that latter group. Bitcoin, Stacks, Ethereum, CityCoins. That all falls in that one percent of projects that are not only not scams, but incredibly important.”

there are two types of people in the world: those that think everything in crypto is a scam, and people about to be ripped off

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh good i didn't just imagine the NP-hard problem part

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SubG posted:

also known as the traveling scamsman problem

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

this is probably a dumb question but why do stable coins have an APY

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

Those tweets are jokes responding to the original slurp juice tweet I think

are you sure

i mean really, are you sure

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i thought i was good at telling actual crypto bullshit from made up crypto bullshit but that loving slurp juice tweet just ruined me, is what i'm saying

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

tbf we've been talking about it for well over a year, why doesn't she read this thread more :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also holy lmao that last one. CO2, known harmless beneficial molecule, unlike methane which has no known use by any life on earth and depletes the ozone layer, probably

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hodl me closer tiny scammer

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Crust First posted:

found a stash of buttcoin related pics on an old drive that i got from a link someone posted a thousand years ago, no idea where they originally came from but some fun stuff in here

wow ok, what the gently caress ever happened to "there is always honor among thieves" huh :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

broken clock, worst person you know, etc

that can't be an authentic ben garrison, i don't see sexy muscular daddy trump anywhere :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i wanted to see if he had a favorite coin he endorsed instead (since that seems like something he'd do) and instead found this, where he seems to have created his own buttcoin

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

credit where it's due, "legal and tender buttcoins" is a pretty decent joke ben

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Chewbaccanator posted:

Once again, Ben drawing while inexpressibly horny.

bernie's a commie, biden's a sex pest, millennials are entitled brats, pete has a sexy voluptuous rear end that deserves to be front and center, cnn is lying fake news, idk man seems completely normal and consistent to me

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

you'd think they'd also drop the whole "women don't belong on money" thing since i still get stupid susan b. anthony dollars as change sometimes

i've only ever gotten susan b. anthony dollars as change in lefty states so it's probably fake commie money

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shageletic posted:

How the gently caress isn't this a security

relax, its distributed

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

kliras posted:

the sec is going through some stuff rn tbf

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1527009488301170688

don't worry i'm sure the supreme court will do the right thing. now let me just put on my monocle before looking up what the current supreme court is made up of to confirm my assumption

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Last August the SEC was saying that it needed congressional approval to regulate crypto. My impression is that they've wanted to act in that space for a long time but some of the rules were outdated and holding them back.

my impression was they took a long hard look at it, saw it was incredibly stupid and horrible but had a bunch of Real Actual Rich People Money in it now, and went "hooo boy... uh..." and chucked it over the fence to congress so they didn't have to deal with it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yeah how do they do it with flippers

asking for a friend

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i punched it into youtube and found this, :nws: if you work for PRUDES who can't appreciate NATURE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ros73m7xBRA

he was essin his own dee!!!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Things are going well.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

lol friend just sent me this

being placed next to the collectable poop stickers is very appropriate

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

why do videogames have both chapters and seasons now

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

unless you just sold the private key but nobody would ever do that i guess

Paladinus posted:

Nice, it's also trivial to lose it forever and/or get social engineered out of.
https://twitter.com/iamjasonlevin/status/1527340971633311744

See, all you need to do is to get hundreds of students you went to the same Uni 20 years ago but never interacted with to confirm your degree is real. But also any rando can steal your degree that way.

oh

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sniep posted:

it's like they're intent on trying every single possible option EXCEPT for having a central, trusted authority to manage who has what for the benefit of all involved

well yeah that's already covered by exchanges

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

we've got a candidate for delegate who apparently thinks crypto is just great and will solve everything. how? well, you see

how does cryptocurrency solve literally any of those problems

like even if you accept that it's a currency, you're just saying "by changing everything to use Dollars 2.0, student loans will no longer be sold to wall street"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gubbinal Girl posted:

The soul bound token is the latest example of cryptobros not understanding that you usually don't want an immutable database. There's all kinds of reasons that you'd want, or be legally required, to change information in a DB.

What happens if the SBT degree needs to be revoked due to cheating? What if the holder changes their legal name?

judging by how key recovery works, you just get a majority of your cluster peers to vote on it and agree to do it, easy peasy and not at all subject to abuse or bias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what if success in life was predicated even more on your ability to network in college, but with bitcoin!