Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

someone in the twitter comments pointed out that harvard doesn't even offer embas lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

acidx posted:

How much does it cost? The closer to free it is, the better.

let's see here

quote:

The price for a replica starts at 0.005 ETH. Each time a particular NFT piece is replicated, its next replication cost will double. So be sure to replicate popular pieces early!

google posted:

0.005 ETH = 4,085.82USD

lol

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Paladinus posted:

Eet ees happeunin.

people who were given bitcoin for christmas immediately cashing out, maybe? :v:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

understanding the economy is all about making money, you see, that's why economists are the richest people in the world

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

the continued existence of the pyramid scheme that is cryptocurrency depends on constantly recruiting new marks, which is why you have things like crypto.com commercials featuring matt damon playing on network tv, but to me this doesn't gel with the behavior of crypto people on social media, who act more like a goddamn cult and naturally repulse everyone around them

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by revolutions in Kazakhstan, starving hysterical hodling,
dragging themselves through opensea at dawn looking for an angry ape,
shitheaded libertarians burning the rainforest for the proof of work to the starry dynamo in the GPUs of the night,

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Boxturret posted:

just imagine being an indie developer making your first game and before you can even do anything you are required to set it up so that it can accept every nft gun and hat and car ever made, otherwise absolutely no one will touch your game

if your serious milsim doesn't support my borderlands bouncing-rocket-shotgun then you don't support freedom

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

i love how every NFT more complex than a jpg that goes viral immediately gets exposed as a fraud

i mean, even beyond than the lie that all NFTs are based on which is "you'll be able to resell this for a profit"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Spent too much money on Matt Damon and football sponsorships and arena naming rights

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1488683901832810497?s=21

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

i don't get it, does this guy think owning bitcoin gives you some kind of coercive power over other people?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

lol "forever ape"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

hexagon avatars dont appear in embeds or on all platforms but you can see it on the actual site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

https://twitter.com/masonmennenga/status/1507417980476420096