Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

xtal posted:

Using bitcoin instead of credit cards is a form of consumer protection.

if you buy things one of the things you buy might accidentally harm you, since businesses don't take bitcoin but do take credit cards, if you use bitcoin you can't buy anything and thus are protected, logic is sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/aristopurp/status/1377830537948184576

living the true anarchist life, refusing to listen to statist lies about food safety

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Oscar Wilde was a product of his biology as are we all, and Ross Ulbricht is a product of economics, as are we all.

let he who has not hired a hitman to murder someone cast the first stone

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

be your own lifeguard

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

it's good that he died, because it makes me more rich all of us more free

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

so bitcoin is like highlander is what i'm getting from this

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

i'm nuclear power, the cheap renewable energy source

i read that stupid article he linked and it gets even dumber, he said that there's no reason we shouldn't currently have nuclear powered houses off the grid and nuclear powered cars, basically everything should have mini reactors in them. he says the only reason we don't is because of course the evil government has too many regulations about nuclear power, and also that federal funding for research causes scientists to become lazy and innovation to be suppressed

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

i was wondering how bitcoin would help people who don't have access to electricity but maybe you can do the blockchain with carrier pigeons or something

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

The Senate’s bipartisan infrastructure deal includes new tax-reporting requirements on cryptocurrency and digital-asset transactions, and the industry’s supporters in Washington are warning of the severe impact it could have on the nascent industry.

i don't understand, how could something be bad for bitcoin?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

who would have thought that bitcoin, the unstoppable force that will smash the state, had one weakness: the state making laws about it

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

there definitely aren't any tax evaders in crypto, anyway back to telling you how making people pay taxes they already owe will destroy crypto

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

i'm curious how trying to "maintain anonymity" with the irs isn't tax evasion

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

seraph doesn't care if the links he posts contradict him or not because he's not actually trying to argue, he's just gish galloping. he knows nobody will read every single link and try to argue with it because it would be a huge waste of time, and he'd just reply to their reply with even more links

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

gschmidl posted:

Hmm. I swipe my bank card, or my phone, and pay 0% of every purchase I make as a fee. My credit card, were I to use it, also has no usage fee unless it's a foreign currency, and my company pays the yearly fee.

bitcoiners will say that the fee is actually baked into the price of goods you buy, and once the economy switches to crypto retailers won't have to pay credit card companies to process transactions anymore, and then they will lower the prices of all their goods out of the goodness of their hearts.