Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Beelzebufo posted:

God I hope the price crashes soon.

Surely they've got to run out of greater fools at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Boxturret posted:

:hmmyes:

it seems the only winning move is not to buy

Listen to this guy, he's not an idiot.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Paladinus posted:

You can print out IOUs with bitcoin numbers and use them as money.

Sounds boogaloo-proof to me

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

here's your bitcoin pizza sir, that will be sixteen dollars

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

smellmycheese posted:

why on earth does the incredibly wealthy heir to John Lennon’s buckets of money need to shill NFTs ffs?

Almost none of these people actually need money. They're just too weak to turn down blatant money grabs. I guess it's to be expected when people are dropping 5 figures to own the rights to a GIF.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Alan Smithee posted:

why would you want billions in useless fiat when you can hodl to a trillion :smugbert:

They said at that hearing with the crypto execs the other day that something like 80% of the people who hold Bitcoin have never sold any lol.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Personally I think he should've gone with the Washington Redskins name or "furry balls plopped menacingly on the table" instead of buying RadioShack.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Lotron posted:

anyway so-- its even dumber than i thought? its not people selling each other beanie babies, its people selling each other pictures of beanie babies?

Sometimes, but people are also selling themselves the beanie babies with NFT's. I sell myself my own NFT for $200k, then sell it to myself again for $250k, then sell it to myself again for $300k, then put it for sale at $400k. You might be able to trick somebody into thinking that it's worth the $400k if you can cover your tracks. It's also got uses for money laundering. This isn't money I made selling drugs, it's money I got from selling my NFT to somebody who definitely was not me.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

How much does it cost? The closer to free it is, the better.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

That's the value of 1 ETH. .005 ETH is more like $20 but still nah. I'm sure it will be worth it to some people who will duplicate the most expensive NFT's though, so hopefully we get some tears from the true believers.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Boxturret posted:

what is a "brandon" and why must he/they/it go?

There was a nascar race where the crowd started chanting gently caress Joe Biden and the commentator thought they were saying let's go Brandon. It became a meme and now everyone and their mother is trying to cash in on it.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

This is America. If people are going to pay you money to do something easy you have to do it no matter how much money you already have, or how much you hate doing it. If you aren't a slave to money are you even really alive?

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Scarcity equals value so if she's not gonna fart anymore, that means the value of the jars of farts that are already in circulation must go up. They should make a crypto that's backed by fart jars so it can't be inflated by printing more fart jars, and you know that you can always exchange your cash for that sweet sweet tangible gas.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

so I haven't paid a ton of attention to crypto in years, but I thought the whole thing with this nonsense was that unlike, say, United States dollars, these things have value because there's a limited supply.

The supply of some of the coins is fixed. The supply of the fake money used to buy and pump the value of those coins is not fixed.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Username idea: Beavis and Buttcoin

Hehehehe. Hehehe. We're gonna get rich hehehe.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

infernal machines posted:

i feel like if you've already committed to paying for sex there are probably more direct and significantly lest costly ways to pay someone to gently caress you

Maybe if you're cool with sleeping with some cheap whore instead of a TikTok finance crypto goddess.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

i look back fondly on my old memories of getting rick roll'd. the only way they could be made better is if it had cost me a whole lot of money.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

DELETE CASCADE posted:

did you know australians call motorcycle riders "bikies"? like i think they use this term for the criminal gang type too. omg i'm so scared of the bikies

Bikie gangs are hilarious. I remember there was a leader of one that had some ridiculously Australian name like Chopper Sidebottom, and during an interview with him, he volunteered the reporter for a game of Russian roulette. She didn't even know what was happening until the gun was against her head. Then *click* and everyone busts up laughing.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

TheMightyBoops posted:

More like Marktank.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Is he cracking up, or was he always like this and people were just like wow, how curious, here's 300 million dollars, see what you can do for me.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Beeftweeter posted:

huh. weird mask

yeah, only really really modest people wear it so you might not have seen one before.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Boxturret posted:

hey now, he specifically didn't endorse it in the commercial!

Larry David endorsed the commercial by agreeing to be in it. The character he plays in the commercial is a dumb yokel you're supposed to not want to end up like.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

They should have to wear it as a badge of shame.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

short of an accounting firm a den of lawyers seems like the last place you'd want to try that kind of scam on

counterpoint: it's a den of lawyers that gave popehat a job

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

The custom laptop redirects twitter to the prosecutors website to make logging his crimes easier for the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Pigbuster posted:

The only ethical option is to place him inside a small cubic cell so that as he grows, he will grow into a shape conducive to transport and space efficiency

Bonsai bankman