Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lutha Mahtin posted:

mcaffee already tried to get the libertarian party nomination in 2016. i live streamed the candidate debate for that and it was hilarious

was that the one where someone was booed for saying it should be illegal for children to buy heroin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boxturret posted:

why must it always come back to age of consent

hm yes, why indeed?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i am definitely burn | mint

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

wait what does cp have to do with anything and why would wikipedia be like "why yes we *do* want to be associated with this thing that is apparently best known for cp!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

remember when atlas posted here and when asked if he's ever made anything that might be useful experience in creating the WULONG DEVICE, the best he could come up with was assembling an ikea desk

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

a deece six and a half is $316k

and that's the bottom line

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/MorshuMmm/status/1246837847241437185?s=20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midjack posted:

biden got hit.

twitter got loving owned hard.

can't wait to see what primo tweets come out of the president shortly.

it'll be fun to try to figure out if they are real or hacks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

there's a 100% chance that there's national security secrets in his twitter dms

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

imagine being the mod of a drugs forum

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

is there a bookchain? i want to be sure my copy has been confirmed as real by at least three untrusted users

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm impressed steven miller even knows what a bitcoin is. i'm also not sure how ross is a white supremacist that miller would give a poo poo about.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

happy for you/sorry that happened to you

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol

EVIL Gibson posted:

yo

Blockchain is not just Bitcoin.

Blockchain is a way to quickly authenticate previous data while becoming a part of the authentication chain to be used as more authentication such later.

someone can not just come in and gently caress we the one record and get away with it. if they change anything in previous records, all checks will fail in catastrophic manner which is a tell that someone was changed and can be tracked down to the exact record that was changed.

banks want to use it, for example, because it means that an punk accountant can't just change a credit from 10k to 100k because it will suddenly make the Blockchain fail and be tracked quickly back to the punk.

Bitcoin is just a Blockchain perverted into something weird.

peace

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

some backstory on that post. i was complaining that local concert group IMP concerts has started using an app called bindle to verify COVID vaccinations. (mandating vaccinations is good, so that's obviously not the complaint!) the email they sent around mentioned that it's built on "blockchain technologies" which, of course, set off big red flags. so i looked into it some and it seems all they're doing is using it as a slow, lovely database to store encrypted copies of uploaded data. fine, assuming they're being honest about the encryption, that's not that big a deal.

that, of course, brought up the question of if they can't access it (so they say, since it's encrypted), why does it need to be stored outside a user's device, and wait, how are they verifying anything at all?

oh, of course! they're not! just upload a photo of a faked CDC card and you're verified as vaccinated! you have to attest that you're totally not lying, but of course, they can't access your data, so even if an outbreak occurs at the venue, there's no way they can trace it to you!

also the reviews on both the apple app store and the google play store are really bad and say it doesn't actually work

(they do seem to still let you show a card or a photo of a card, so that's fine, but geez)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

i've seen this exact reaction to "get the FBI involved" before in completely unrelated stupid libertarian ideas and i love the apparent implication that they think the fbi is a regulatory body

tbf people not understanding what specific government agencies do is hardly unique to libertarians

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

somewhere out there, atlas is suing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

newspaper comic strip is doing a story about crypto. here's today's:

this is clearly fud, and nfts are actually saving the planet, of course

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

The Bad Boy magicJack Beef 'O' Brady's Bitcoin Bowl presented by Beef 'O' Brady's Mowers, St. Petersburg

i learned the other day there is now a jimmy kimmel bowl

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midjack posted:

that doesn't seem like raging against the machine. not even pissing up against the machine, though someone else did that last week.

it is fighting the power, however, for certain definitions of fighting the power.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

atlas out here buying nfts

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Penisface posted:

also owing 100 years worth of taxes immediately

i can afford 100 years of taxes if i get 100 years of pay

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"no masters!" except for whoever holds then most tezos

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hammerite posted:

Bored Ape NFT Accidentally Sells For $3,000 Instead Of $0

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mad libs getting weird

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

michael center had 3060s for $450 when i was there over the weekend. idk if they qualify as "decent"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

nice butthole topology

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

look, they played tropico once or twice and all you have to do is plop down a waste plant and it takes care of everything

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

graph posted:

remember when bit coin killed the aaf

lol

go apollos, forever champions

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm the censored swears

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

why is kickstarter, a company that has proudly touted their upcoming blockchain platform, banning blockchain projects

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i can't believe a professional influencer accepted money to push a thing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'd simply write a new code that says the ape is mine and also all apes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

quick encode: "TRAPPED IN JAIL SEND HELP" in a bitcoin transaction

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it must have, since that was from wrestlemania 2021, almost a year ago at this point

it's funny to read the aftermath in that it was an utter failure

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

njsykora posted:

pretty sure it would've because he straight up said in an interview it sold like poo poo and he was embarassed about it (because it sold like poo poo, not because it was an nft). also because it was part of a $100k merch pack with a t-shirt

it got even better when he said in the same interview he spent weeks working on the design only for the young bucks to put out basically the exact same design on a t-shirt a week later
https://twitter.com/youngbucks/status/1429465690918965260
i was going to say the cena one actually came second since i thought people were ripping on it literally as he wore it, but it was actually a CM Punk shirt that was the first SMB3 knockoff

https://twitter.com/therealwiseman/status/1429286506364088321?s=20&t=yMWpvDi6MdoABBc9-TGs8A

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm using an expensive, wasteful computer to write protocols no one will use for a concept that certainly won't exist in my lifetime if ever

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the faa is totally fine with anyone just flying things wherever with minimal approval. i'm sure other nations' regulatory agencies are similarly lenient on this sort of thing, so i see no particular hurdles

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm the energy going in and out of a closed system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1494295220023971845?s=20&t=MHmgHOpNvKQlqaFmefd62Q