Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
come on fucker show me that price beginning with a "6" i'm ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

...! posted:

:siren: people living in areas with hyperinflating currencies are flocking to bitcoin in droves!! :smug:

btcsa 19 points 11 hours ago

I just got back from Argentina where I was there for a month traveling. I went with bitcoin to sell to fund my travels. Did not sell any.

I expected tons of people to be wanting bitcoin. It was not like that. Hardly anyone knew what it was, and the ones who did, were not keen to buy from me. Even when I offered it at a discount price, just so that I could get pesos to pay for things on my holiday, they were not interested. I joined facebook groups and chatted to people there who were mostly scammers looking for me to send bitcoin first....no person wanted to meet face to face for cash. I joined Telegram groups and those guys were more interested, but none of the guys I chatted to actually followed through. The best I could get was to have some of them suggest I just go and sell it on a bitcoin ATM. I did go and find an ATM, but was not able to sell bitcoin with it since it was not working properly.

Was a bit of a bummer for me, since I was really hoping to sell some bitcoin there to fund things.

Why has Bitcoin failed to become the #1 currency in Venezuela? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 6 hours ago by currency_use_case

the competition doesn't get any easier guys. The Bolivar is the easiest currency in the world to beat. Why hasn't Bitcoin or any other currency become #1 in Venezuela?

currency_use_case[S] 0 points 5 hours ago

"local bitcoins has good volume but it is used among the affluent that actually have money"

What if the non-affuent put just 1% of their monthly income into Bitcoin?

"Bolivars are so worthless that monthly wages would barely pay for fees to use bitcoin and people need to eat so they spend immediately."

That's a vicious circle that keeps the Bolivar going. A transition marketing campaign of people switching 1% of their monthly income to Bitcoin is an idea of something to do

"Bolivars are so worthless that monthly wages would barely pay for fees to use bitcoin"

With the amount they are saving in purchasing power, they could afford to pay a few cents USD in fees

castorfromtheva 1 point 5 hours ago

Because most people don't trust anything they don't understand. Which in case of bitcoin is maths in the first place.

BTC-brother2018 1 point 5 hours ago

They need to get the infrastructure in place so employers can start paying their workers in bitcoin.

currency_use_case[S] 2 points 5 hours ago

have to start gradually. Example , start offering paycheques in BTC (employees can elect if they want Bolivars or BTC)

shanita10 1 point 2 hours ago

Who says it hasn't ?

cointastical 1 point 2 hours ago

For a number of people in Venezuela, bitcoin is their #1 currency.

JosceOfGloucester 2 points 6 hours ago

Great question.

Mark_Bearredditor for 3 months 1 point 5 hours ago

I second this.

:thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk:
rofl

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

firstlivinggod8h
Time to buy! Actually look at the price rising :)

max_lombardy6h
Good god though every time I think it won’t go any lower I buy some. Then it drops $500 :/

bonjailey6h
Every time for me

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Coiners on reddit are saying the sudden drop is caused by a whale manipulating the price to force margin traders to liquidate and you should buy now

Buy into an easily manipulated sham market? Great idea, good defense coin dudes

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I think it’s because bitcoin is bad tech for idiots that is going nowhere

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Hell yeah keep falling

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Top voted reddit comments are all TA nonsense like this:

“Last time it bounced right off the 200 week moving average, which was around $3,200. This time the 200 week moving average is around $5,000, which is also a nice round psychological number. Seems like a nice place to start a position.”

Ah,

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

That guy is cool

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

burning excess energy is fundamentally political, especially in the age of climate change.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

i do agree that burt sucks and your bans are unjustified though

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

ross’s mum seems confused by the idea that prison is not fun

i am a prison abolitionist, but only with the caveat that ross is the antepenultimate person they let out, then bill cosby, then harvey weinstein

no you aren't

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

anyone who posts in this godforsaken computer forum who claims to be an anarchist or anti cop or whatever bullshit is lying

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Weatherman posted:

who are you responding to? i see no posts

Holy poo poo! We have a hardcore anarchist here, everyone. I can smell his stinking dreadlocks through my computer terminal. X-treme.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

this is the most succinct and sophisticated overview of blockchain garbage I've ever seen

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

did twitter stop the hexagonal nft avatars? haven't seen one for weeks

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

The axie infinity hack is insane lol

https://ez.substack.com/p/the-infinite-exploitation-of-cryptocurrency?s=r

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Booyah- posted:

it's so funny i can't believe it, once again there is no reason to use a blockchain for their internal exchange and doing so enabled the exploit

their "decentralized sidechain" actually just being ten computers them and their mates run is so funny. Hundreds of millions and countless manhours invested into this poo poo

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

how did those awful looking mspaint level "cryptopunks" nfts ever sell for any money at all? look at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

the apes are hideous obviously but at least you can tell a professional artist was tangentially involved at some point at least