Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I respect this new thread for refreshing the lol well with coin believers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Gobbeldygook posted:

so i sometimes use the app rave to watch videos with friends. it works seamlessly on android and supports what i want. tonight i fired it up for the first time in a while and noticed i had fifty tokens and had to spend one to start a stream. i figured they were just monetizing their free app, but my token tally (which is constantly visible at the top of the screen in portrait orientation and is mildly distracting as it increments up in an animated fashion) kept going up, although I think it also went down at times. turns out they are giving me the loving Kik cryptocurrency, kin, for watching videos. the person who joined me started with 0 but had 20 or so by the end of the hour long stream while I had 103.

they are attempting to monetize the app and offer a 'rave premium' for $1.99/month (or less if you buy in bulk), but you can also buy rave premium for 24 hours for 200 kin, so paying them via kin in 24 hour increments would cost 0.0189 USD per month. i explored the app and could not find out what exactly i get with rave premium.

i did NOT touch the poop it touched me

say hi to ross in jail for us

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

TimWinter posted:

Are there any easy cryptocurrency purchasing platforms or are they all still blackballed by US banks and / or outright fraudulent outfits?

cashapp, paypal and robin hood all allow you to buy it without the ability to cash it out or spend it.