Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It isn't per se illegal to contact them, it was just that he was contacting them to begin a criminal conspiracy, which is illegal, due to being a crime.

Since prosecutors made a good argument that he was contacting them to initiate a crime (I think because one of the people he contacted provided prosecutors messages from SBF to that effect) the judge banned him from contacting them.

So: previously illegal but not due to a judge's order, now illegal as well as specifically banned by a judge's order, and violating that would let the judge put him in jail and stuff before the trial is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Boxturret posted:

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1626308570282090499

look, we can't do the defense with offline computers, the scope of his crimes can't be contained on a single laptop! you'd need a huge server!! sbf must stay online!!!
I believe that AUSA means "assistant attorney of the USA" i.e. that is the prosecution arguing to keep SBF out of jail (presumably since he is making their case easier every day and they aren't trying to pressure him into a plea)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

akadajet posted:

some japanese college grad finally gets their dream job working at squaresoft and has that dream immediately crushed by being assigned to the ceo's blockchain gaming division.
I read that at DreamWorks, if you weren't impressing your boss they would reassign you to work on Shrek.

Perhaps blockchaingang serves the same function at sqenix?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

afaik they do, they asked for more info than an actual brokerage when i made an account like 4 years ago
Were they subtly informing you that this process could be obviated by concealing your IP?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

How many more crimes do you think he could commit with 2,000,000 pieces of paper?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Perhaps we can find a way to get paid not to burn the tires???

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Does SBF realize he hosed up getting on the stand or has he leapt into the cross examination sarlacc pit still under the delusions that brought him to its edge?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

He just has no idea which questions are OK to answer. This is the same problem he had in interviews, just with someone whose job it is to not let him change the subject or reframe the story sympathetically.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The system works, people can invest in crypto with confidence that no one named SBF will run off with their investments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

On every square inch of Gabriel's horn, Sam has inscribed a confession