Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Looks like elephant & castle shopping centre in centralish London.
Incidentally +48 is the calling code for Poland so lmao if scammers are just writing their numbers above these things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Dropped 20% to below 6k within a few minutes
A very stable thing.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

https://twitter.com/rohmeo_de/status/1238040327375720448?s=19

according to sophisticated technical analysis it's time to BUY BUY BUY

so if the rainbow gets extrapolated it ends up crashing back down to zero again? just like how actual rainbows drop on both sides?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

divabot posted:

i hear bitcoins carry dunningkruger-19 and you need to keep your money locked down and socially distant from them at all times. can anyone confirm

Impossible - bitcoiners would never have anything to do with something that's 19

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-23/s-african-brothers-vanish-and-so-does-3-6-billion-in-bitcoin

no, not those south african brothers

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

be your own piggy bank

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

I'm not posting it here but if you want to see the worst thing look up "NFTestes".

Hosted on the bollockschain?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Bart Sells His Soul

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

lol everything down 15-25% today in a flash crash. Someone cashed out I guess?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

qirex posted:

there’s a point in every pyramid scheme sales pitch where the sucker prospect learns enough to be able start their own pyramid, that’s happening in crypto where there’s probably thousands of new coins, nfts, etc every day and the only way for them to go up is getting enough attention, ie hustling suckers

So, like a pyramid scheme of pyramid schemes then? Is this the metaverse I'm hearing so much about?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

whoa! i heard you can draw a dick on a dollar bill and then pay it to someone, is this true?

A dollar bill dick that everyone can then see and cannot be destroyed (unless etherium does another rewind lol)

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

also also i should point out it doesn't consume "more energy the more transactions there are". it consumes a constant, enormous amount of energy regardless of if its processing 1 transaction or a thousand. separate from that, bitcoin specifically can only process a fixed, small number of transactions at a time (that's where the '7 per second max' comes from) so at max efficiency (which it is never ever running at) it's barely doing as many transactions as would be needed by like, a small city.

Yeah that max transaction rate is very important because if there's a demand for more transactions for whatever reason then that's going to push up the transaction fees as people bid higher to try to get their submitted transactions picked which in turn encourages there being more "miners", pushing up the energy consumption yet there's no actual benefit to the transaction rate. This is by design. They could update the protocol to allow for a higher transaction rate except that requires the miners to make a change that effectively decreases their payout lol

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

You know it's a proper crash when the exchanges go offline
https://twitter.com/BinanceUS/status/1524613930290749440?t=alKymTCFwzABGWGttLJtbw

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

I can't believe it, after all these years someone finally said buttcoin

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

does the house have to be redecorated every time one of the NFTs get sold

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

gschmidl posted:

SEXN is pegged at $69.

im pretty sure ain't nothing getting pegged at that position

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

yeah, it's some heinous poo poo and i tried to talk sense into him but he's like "i know it's dumb and i'm not getting paid in crypto at all but it's amazing money and you kids will be well off when i'm dead" and i'm like ok... i do like money... but as you said, it's loving unethical

Sure, our future may be an environmental catastrophe but just think of the value created from doing so!

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

buttcoin: It was notionally worth $10 billion but in reality was worth roughly nothing.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Yea they are "away from him", totally bong razzled

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Does twitter not validate the ownership of the picture?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

editor's note: they did not solve the Byzantine General's Problem nor create a global decentralized currency

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Amethyst posted:

how did those awful looking mspaint level "cryptopunks" nfts ever sell for any money at all? look at them

they didn't it was always wash trading to inflate their value

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Can't they just push a patch to manually adjust the difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

I assume they're only pretending they were stolen and just did the moves themselves to make them seem like they're valuable.