Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Giant_Pupils posted:

Before he passed, Adam West told a really funny story about how he and Frank Gorshin got invited to an orgy and decided to go for laughs, only they stayed in-character as Batman and Riddler until they were thrown out.

I bet the set of that TV show was a lot of fun.

Who the gently caress would kick those two out of an orgy? That sounds fun as hell. Like, everyone is probably high and getting sexy and THEN Batman and the Joker come in?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Rad-daddio posted:

Who the gently caress would kick those two out of an orgy? That sounds fun as hell. Like, everyone is probably high and getting sexy and THEN Batman and the Joker come in?!

Gorshin was the Riddler. Caesar Romero was the Joker. Anyway, I dunno. I’m guessing some guy was trying to nut and West screamed out “GREAT SCOTT” or something along those lines and that was that.

I’m not sure how popular the 60s TV show was when it was on the air. It has gained cult status since Batman became a cultural icon in the 90s/00s but maybe they just weren’t A-list enough to be weirdos at a Hollywood gently caress-fest at the time.

Edit: well the show was apparently a very big deal but it was mostly aimed at a teen/pre-teen audience so maybe that was it?

They could have also been straight up obnoxious. In one retelling, West hinted that the two of them may not have been entirely sober which is also a no-no for a lot of sex parties.

I always thought West and Gorshin legit sound like proto-goons in that story.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 21, 2019

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
not joker exactly, but basically the same sentiment

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Fagmaster posted:

i dont get it, why the hell people even like or care about this character anyways?
I think it's a power fantasy for people who developed "pretend to be dark & twisted" as a coping mechanism in middle school

good with cars? you are fast & furious
good with tech? you are iron man

good with nothing? here's a clown

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

The Two Side of Kyle

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

LifeSunDeath posted:

Two sides of a coin, hey, wait a sec...

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Linux Pirate posted:

Cesar Romero forever

*Throws orange wedges

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

You wanna know how I got this lard?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

You wanna know how I got this lard?

Meth and truck stop food? :thunk:

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Impressive headspan, probably capable of influencing dozens to kill themselves. Scary.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Eh, I've met nicer.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
That grill lighter is no joke. He could cause some mild discomfort if he lit it and you for some reason let him burn you.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Leon Einstein posted:

That grill lighter is no joke.

Summone say "bar-ba-que?"
\

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

:lol:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Do you want to know how i got these McScars?

*holds up plastic straw*

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

jesus, steve buscemi has really let himself go

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Joker is pretty corny if I saw him doing crime on the street I'd laugh and say "Hey guys!!! Get a load of this goofball!!"

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The Joker is pretty corny if I saw him doing crime on the street I'd laugh and say "Hey guys!!! Get a load of this goofball!!"

Don't laugh at me!! *Joker begins crying on the inside and covers it up with maniacal laughter*

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pontificating rear end posted:

Don't laugh at me!! *Joker begins crying on the inside and covers it up with maniacal laughter*

"Hey! Hey look he's tryna act big! Lookit this palooka! Did ya mammy do ya makeup?? Jesus the broad gotta have Pahkinson's out the rear end it look like she smeared a freakin' dog dick across ya lips!"

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

do u want 2 kno how i got these scars... [unsheathes katana]

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/mexicansoflate/status/1185737211096027136?s=21

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Miami's own "joker"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkdBoxCzEqg

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

this is the content i crave

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hard counter posted:

this is the content i crave

I mean, at the very least it's a comic book movie I'd actually see.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
IMO Batman is the gayest superhero including his rogue gallery. He’s a rich single, clean bachelor. Robin is his twink boytoy and Alfred watches all the action. Joker is gay for Batman and Jokers girlfriend Harley Quinn is involved with Poison Ivy. Everyone wears skintight leather suits. Even commisioner Gordon can't make it work with his wife cause of his dedication to his job and his relationshiop with aformentioned gay billionaire Bruce Wayne

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Giant_Pupils posted:

Before he passed, Adam West told a really funny story about how he and Frank Gorshin got invited to an orgy and decided to go for laughs, only they stayed in-character as Batman and Riddler until they were thrown out.

I bet the set of that TV show was a lot of fun.

There was a constant battle to keep the actors' dongs properly concealed in the skin tight costumes. Many women watched the show specifically for the bulges, and West getting invited to the orgy was entirely because of the show.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

at the peak of the show's popularity adam west was apparently having sex with so many women that, while he was having sex with one woman in his trailer, other women would be banging on his door telling him to stop having sex with this woman and start having sex with them instead

eventually a lightbulb went off in adam's head and he realized he wasn't limited to just one at a time and he could be having orgies instead

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

redm posted:

do u want 2 kno how i got these scars... [unsheathes katana]

What's going on here? That's Letto joker but last login 2008?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Speleothing posted:

There was a constant battle to keep the actors' dongs properly concealed in the skin tight costumes. Many women watched the show specifically for the bulges, and West getting invited to the orgy was entirely because of the show.

I really want this to be true.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

it's true

just like how barbara eden had to hide her belly button on i dream of jeannie, there was a huge controversy about adam west's and burt ward's bat-bulges during the show's run.... several different methods of crotch concealment were used during the series' run to head off complaints from religious organizations

also
https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/adam-west-batman-orgy-2017-6

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

my dog died im sad posted:

What happened to that guy? Was he taken out for exposing all the money you could earn from govt programs and grants all in one book!?!?

it's a very short book these days

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Purple cars are dope.

Joker stuff not so much.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

You might call me a socially awkward, creepy weirdo with multiple mental health issues, but actually I'm such a brilliant genius that society can't handle my superior logic :smug:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

ahah ahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

joker as a sugary digestible pop culture icon sucks, but joker as a reminder that societal norms, morality, order and all that is just a (mostly) shared fiction is great, as is the reminder that that system isn't really equipped to deal with individuals who don't partake in that fiction

pictured: the best joker