Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
The thread for discussion of the Epstein murder and of course regular reminders that Epstein did not kill himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P5_-JaIGIw
For those puzzled, Ritland (and everyone else) is referring to Jeffrey Epstein, the known pedophile and suspected hedge funder who palled around with a few heaping handfuls of other hedge funders, as well as Bill Clinton, Prince Andrew, Bill Gates, and occasionally Donald Trump. He lived in Manhattan’s largest private residence. He was heavily involved in scientific research, including his plan to “seed [the] human race with his DNA.” Epstein had a private airplane dubbed “Lolita Express,” which he flew to a private island dubbed Pedophile Island. He seemed to have gotten away with his crimes once before with a slap on the wrist.

Epstein was found dead in his prison cell in August, a few weeks after his arrest. The cause of death was ruled a suicide by crude hanging. There was a small spasm of outrage that the most famous American inmate was able to kill himself ahead of trials that might have exposed embarrassing secrets of the financial and political elite.

Subsequent reporting showed every kind of irregularity. No video surveillance. Falsified prison logs to cover for contract guards who literally slept on the job. Some marks on his body were more consistent with strangulation than hanging, it was said. This evidence could be resolved by reference to the desperate method by which he may have hanged himself. But author and journalist Walter Kirn summed up the mood of certain news watchers after Epstein’s death, writing, “Sometimes paranoia just stands to reason.”

In recent weeks the Epstein story has been bubbling up again. The conservative muckrakers at Project Veritas had leaked tape of ABC broadcast reporter Amy Robach claiming that higher-ups had killed the story. She sighed that she believed “100 percent” that Epstein had been murdered. ABC executives are reportedly scrambling to discover and punish the leaker, a zealousness they never displayed for their reporter’s bombshell story. The octogenarian pathologist Michael Baden was hired by Mark Epstein to witness his brother’s autopsy, and he told Fox & Friends that the evidence points to homicide.

Breaking news from today:
Feds file criminal charges against jail guards responsible for watching Jeffrey Epstein
https://www.theeagle.com/news/natio...ad586042db.html

Previously there was also the development that Prince Andrew was insanely unconvincing in his denials of the accusations of rape leveled against him

quote:

Prince Andrew seemed to think that he could get himself off the hook by saying that his biggest mistake in hanging around with Jeffrey Epstein was that he behaved “too honorably.” Elsewhere in the United Kingdom, Lady Colin Campbell argued with television interviewers that Epstein’s sex with 14-year-olds does not mean he was a pedophile, and that a charge of “soliciting sex from a minor” is “not the same thing as paedophilia.” That is the sort of comment that makes you wonder if the family trees of British elites split enough times...

Sharing “Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself” memes because you believe paranoia stands to reason, or because you think they are funny, is a kind of practice for saying, “I think our leadership class and our institutions are capable of every corruption and depravity.” It signals to the world that you are willing to be caught saying this, which is now and in all times one of the more subversive things that can be thought or said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I don't give a poo poo.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Well obviously jeez what kind of chumps are you taking us for OP

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Neither did Kurt Cobain!!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Neither did Kurt Cobain!!

Duh, Kurt Cobain was dead for like, 20 years when Epstein died.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

hell yeah go bobcats women's volleyball

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Saw this written on a 6 ft beachball that the campus libertarian group had people write on. I dunno why they thought a beachball was a useful way to spread their message but libertarians are really stupid so dwelling on that is pointless.

I wish I wrote it. I just walked by because I didn't even want to interact with the loving chuds.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

JK Fresco posted:

Epstein had a private airplane dubbed “Lolita Express,” which he flew to a private island dubbed Pedophile Island.

How is this any different from flying on Virgin Airways to the UK?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
anyway, it doesn't matter OP, because if Epstein did or did not kill himself, the greater problem still exists: he had immense power and influence, and someone who has a much lower public profile took his place

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

JK Fresco posted:

Epstein had a private airplane dubbed “Lolita Express,” which he flew to a private island dubbed Pedophile Island

What a missed opportunity to call it Pedophisland.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress tha modz

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Interesting op, I had arrived at the same conclusion.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Shame this guy is a republican.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
It might not have been intentional, but yes, Epstein did kill himself:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Epstein#Death

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Resting Lich Face posted:

Shame this guy is a republican.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's not a conspiracy theory if it's true.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

This meme really sucks

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

gently caress SNEEP posted:

This meme really sucks

Sucks less than a bunch of pedophiles in high places getting away with it.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gently caress SNEEP posted:

This meme really sucks

jeffrey epstein was murdered

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Epstein didn't kill himself. This may be the sole instance where JK Fresco and I agree on something. It's also been a drat fiasco for most media outlets, especially television media.

I've posted about media in past Epstein threads, so here's a modified version of something I posted in CSPAM: The ABC poo poo has really reinforced my decision to leave journalism. I was so sick of endlessly trying to explain the difference between good and bad journalistic practice to people who should have known better, of defending a hosed-up industry because I cared about many of the people in it. I knew and know so many amazing reporters, but journalism in this country is dying. We're to the point where your choices are organizations like ABC, who keep getting caught lying and doing unethical poo poo, or Project Veritas, the National Enquirer, Fox News, etc., who are so hilariously unethical that they embarrass the basic idea of reporting the news. Our choices appear to be a right-wing media sphere that lies openly, exists only to reinforce itself, and pushes an outright authoritarian and white-supremacist agenda, and a "mainstream" media who are interested only in reinforcing the "objective" status quo of vaugely-liberal capitalism, and whose idea of reporting is to air two live interviews. Cool, love that I can choose between outright liars and manipulated idiots. Once I realized that non-profit media is no more free from the influence of the wealthy than for-profit media (or, truthfully, even the influence of profit drive) I was done.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

There really are a lot of people doing good work, but they're tiny voices in a sea of stupid lazy bullshit. News organizations are firing their editors, demanding faster and sloppier work, and abandoning basic journalistic practices. Audiences largely don't know enough to demand better. This isn't their fault. News technology and dissemination has far outpaced education, and there are manipulators everywhere. It's not a matter of picking media that reinforces what you think and working backwards, which seems to be what most people do. You can't just say "mainstream media bad, therefore conservative media good" or vice-versa.There has to be real education regarding media literacy or else this poo poo is going to keep happening.

It makes me really, really angry lmao.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

The only news service I trust at this point is ProPublica. They do great investigative work, and they give their reporters the time and resources to do their jobs properly. They haven't posted anything on Epstein yet, but I hope it's because they're still investigating.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sucks less than a bunch of pedophiles in high places getting away with it.

I mean, there was no way he was getting out of that cell alive. Not with that many powerful pedos with unlimited money to throw at the problem.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'm supposed to believe that a man that has never once had to do his own laundry in his entire life can somehow fasten a prison noose out of a bedsheet (that shouldn't have existed in a suicide watch cell in the first place) and manage to slowly strangle himself to death with it?

big if true

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Inzombiac posted:

I mean, there was no way he was getting out of that cell alive. Not with that many powerful pedos with unlimited money to throw at the problem.

Which is why we've gotta keep circulating the tapes.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
What if Jeffrey Epstein engineered the whole thing as an elaborate suicide-by-assassin? One of the rarest achievements, if true.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Edited

JK Fresco fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 22, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Molyneux is a huge loving creep and misogynist FYI.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

what if jeffrey epstein is actually andy kaufman, who is alive, and this is all an elaborate prank??

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

FactsAreUseless posted:

Molyneux is a huge loving creep and misogynist FYI.

Yeah but right there he's right. Just because he's a poo poo doesn't change that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah but right there he's right. Just because he's a poo poo doesn't change that.
I know, I should just trust goons to be able to do their research and understand sources. This is a smart website.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

you could have done a better job of making that point than to post a stefan molyneaux tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Wow was Fable really that bad?