Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

They definitely do show up in Isomer and it would probably be quite confusing if you don't do 11E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Are any of the new mods worth it? The last one I did was SAA.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think they're all pretty good this time around? Like the least promising is Viking and she's still pretty solid. I heard that Judge is in the event so I might try out BAR mod3 against her, but she's only SL8/1 so might be tricky.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
micro uzi is the best one imo, and after that eh. pick whoever you think looks cool.

unless you're trying to small bamboo poo poo, but if you are, you already know that.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Ibblebibble posted:

I think they're all pretty good this time around? Like the least promising is Viking and she's still pretty solid. I heard that Judge is in the event so I might try out BAR mod3 against her, but she's only SL8/1 so might be tricky.

And I started modding Viking first of all. Can't help it, the little punk was in my first RF echelon.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mosin mod3 looks extremely cool and has tactical shovel so I did her first.

Now just for the long wait for LWMMG and SV98 mod3...

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
LWMMG was my very first construction ever, she deserves love and all the .338 Norma Magnum belts

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

MYSTERIOUSNESS and CONSPIRACIES in Cyber-Belgrade!

Anyway, what is the best map for daily crates?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Believe it or not, Illusory Peace III EX.

Yes, the rest are *that* poo poo.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I don't know why everyone is complaining so much about it. Ip3 is like super straightforward.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's straightforward, it's just a pain in the rear end and not very AFK.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
This is the first event story I have just been skipping through just walls of text that go on forever . .

I will have to find a summary of the story somewhere

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Isomer is pretty text dense drat. I'm going to be locked behind my reading speed more than my daily intel points thing lol.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Quicker crate farm, but needs parachute fairy.
https://youtu.be/ykKCHgzFf0M

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

PBnJamo posted:

Thanks for this mate

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Danann posted:

Isomer is pretty text dense drat. I'm going to be locked behind my reading speed more than my daily intel points thing lol.

Yeah, I'm honestly not fond of the giant month-long events. There's too much stuff to do and read and a month isn't enough to do it in.

I would rather they just released these directly as permanent story additions, but just made the ranking map only open for a month.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

PBnJamo posted:

Hah, go get em Jill!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I don't know what they're saying but this showed up on my YouTube suggestions after watching too many GFL videos. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31PZmwM8kT4

stratego
May 6, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I don't know what they're saying but this showed up on my YouTube suggestions after watching too many GFL videos. Enjoy.

Just click the CC button for translated captions. Kalina is tired of work (making combat reports), and doesn't want to work.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
On that topic, it's never a bad time to repost this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Yj5aOo4w0

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

On that topic, it's never a bad time to repost this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Yj5aOo4w0

That's actually what I was watching when the other video was suggested. It's an ear-worm and the drawings are loving adorable.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

New Leaf posted:

This is great and i 100% relate.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
WHAT THE gently caress

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

skaianDestiny posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

Reported for hacking.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I did get her early, but I wasn't THAT lucky.. Christ..

Also, so far this is my favorite event. There's a ton of content to dig through, a ton of story, and I feel like your Commander is actually doing cool poo poo in this one rather than sitting behind a desk in a base somewhere miles away from the action. That said, I'm not nearly done, just taking it a day at a time.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

New Leaf posted:

I did get her early, but I wasn't THAT lucky.. Christ..

Also, so far this is my favorite event. There's a ton of content to dig through, a ton of story, and I feel like your Commander is actually doing cool poo poo in this one rather than sitting behind a desk in a base somewhere miles away from the action. That said, I'm not nearly done, just taking it a day at a time.

I have a couple of minor quibbles (mostly UI) but overall, yeah I've really liked this event and the story feels better. I hadn't thought it like you said but having the Commander out and about actually doing things is probably a big part of that.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I haven't unlocked any nodes since the first day. The daily box grind is too much

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

brainwrinkle posted:

I haven't unlocked any nodes since the first day. The daily box grind is too much

Points snowball after a while. A story that takes 10 to unlock can reward you with 15-20. Then once you unlock Beyond the Border II you can farm with a single HG with a parachute fairy in 3 turns without a shot fired.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I don’t have a Parachute Fairy yet :(

I am having fun collecting new pets now that I don’t have much need for batteries. I’m aiming for the bald eagle :parrot:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Man, this whole event is about SKK/Ange putting up with dicks while Belgrade goes to poo poo. Also I got spoiled on what Pike is and plugging into those nodes is some freak poo poo..

After the whole event is unlocked, do you get anything for extra intel points?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

As far as I know, no.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I have no idea what to use my mask for. I think the only 5 star I could use it on that I don't have is GR MG36 and meh..

cybrancyborg
Jan 24, 2008

How this ends still hasn't been unwritten...

New Leaf posted:

I have no idea what to use my mask for. I think the only 5 star I could use it on that I don't have is GR MG36 and meh..

That's how I felt last time. I decided I didn't care about the icon that much, so I just picked something to get 5 cores from. Nothing wrong with a few more cores.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I was lucky and got FP-6 in a crate so I'm using my mask for a girls I've been trying to get for two years, Gr G36c.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This event is way too verbose. The whole thing Mica does with these groups working together but constantly hiding things from each other until the last possible moment got old a long time ago.

The Commander went through a Collapse Fluid apocalypse , zombies, and the full force of the Russian military to save Angelia from her ELID infection and she’s still a huge bitch.

Also why are there only certain levels that drop boxes? I miss when you cleared any event level and you got a box.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Mill Village posted:

This event is way too verbose. The whole thing Mica does with these groups working together but constantly hiding things from each other until the last possible moment got old a long time ago.

The Commander went through a Collapse Fluid apocalypse , zombies, and the full force of the Russian military to save Angelia from her ELID infection and she’s still a huge bitch.

Also why are there only certain levels that drop boxes? I miss when you cleared any event level and you got a box.

It's fun seeing the different characters' takes on the same situation, wouldn't be possible if they were all together with no breathing space to be themselves.

Not sure what you mean about Angelia, she at least brought M4 and 15 out of their respective shells

Literally any level with a battle drops crates, I assume(?) you already know that you're limited to 60 per day

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m not getting crates from anything except the hostage rescue mission.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The only mission that doesn't drop boxes is the very first stupid easy battle.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is there any where to catch up on the plot? I absolute loathe how this game does events. I have no clue what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

So is there any where to catch up on the plot? I absolute loathe how this game does events. I have no clue what's going on.

With a few caveats since it's been a while since Singularity and CT, I haven't gotten too far in Isomer yet, and I had to use the wiki for some of the bits about William and 90WISH because I can't remember if they were ever explicitly mentioned in the game:

tl;dr, roughly: In chapter 10, you go on a joint operation with the Russian army (KCCO) to capture the Sangvis Mastermind (Elisa). It turns out the Mastermind is hooked into an old Russian Skynet (OGAS); KCCO were only ever interested in obtaining OGAS, and betray Griffin in an attempt to capture Mastermind and get the AI under their control. Everything goes to poo poo; the whole AR squad is KIA (except Soppo) and left for dead, and Griffin is encircled and hours away from being wiped out by the army's overwhelming firepower.

Meanwhile, a new squad (DEFY) who are part of the FSB shows up, having previously recovered and jailbreaked neuralmodded AR-15 to get her off-network and free from Parapluie. They fix up M4 and neuralmod her as well, then recruit her to help fight the army; the FSB is trying to stop KCCO from taking OGAS because they're both involved in a power struggle over who gets to control Russia. Soppo manages to save RO by uploading her to a dinergate, and they set off in search of M4 and AR-15 (RO gets better; Soppo keeps the pet dinergate).

Griffin is able to break out of the Russian army encirclement when DEFY detonates a collapse fluid nuke, but this fatally poisons DEFY's human leader (Ange, who turns out to have been 404's commander all along) and the Griffin commander. The Griffin commander is captured by Paradeus, who cure her of radiation poisoning and then torture her to get information on what happened to M4, because M4 is super special: both she and Mastermind were developed by cloning part of the the Russian AI's neural net.

Persica turns out to have been part of a team of three people who created OGAS during WW3 (90WISH), along with two men, Lyco (who was ~mysteriously~ murdered) and William (who is very much alive, runs Paradeus, and is using KCCO to advance his own agenda) and is forced to go into hiding so she doesn't get killed or kidnapped. Everything that's happened with SF, Griffin and KCCO since the start of the game was all part of William's plan to develop artificial general intelligence by getting Elisa and OGAS to merge. M4 is Persica's divergent attempt at developing the same thing.

Because they're "sisters," OGAS is able to jump ship to M4's neural net to avoid capture by KCCO/Paradeus. M16 reappears, having been converted to SF by Mastermind, and M4 fights her but fails to get her to come back to the fold. She disappears, taking Elisa away to safety. 404 breaks the Griffin commander out of Paradeus' clutches, and she rejoins Griffin and leads them to safety. She then decides to find Ange and stop her from dying from exposure to the collapse fluid bomb.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 22, 2020