Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Some of the previous events can also be played through in the mission page. I think you can also unlock some exclusive dolls through it too.

Try and do some lf the theatre missions to get some materials too if you can clear each difficulty that would be better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So with VAL's mod available, what is the default kick-rear end night team now, assuming I'm only going to field one night AR/SMG squad?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

New Leaf posted:

So with VAL's mod available, what is the default kick-rear end night team now, assuming I'm only going to field one night AR/SMG squad?

There's a few options now but you can boost Val from Really Good to Downright Ludicrous with a few different selections, and ideally all of them for maximum no-miss uptime:

Nagant Revolver
Python
A fairy with the Fervor talent

Fill in the remaining slots with STAR-15 or SOPMOD II and maybe a tank

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm having a major brain fart, what can I spend batteries on for the event? Apparently batteries spent on HOC upgrades doesn't count, and I've done every facility upgrade in the game..

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

New Leaf posted:

I'm having a major brain fart, what can I spend batteries on for the event? Apparently batteries spent on HOC upgrades doesn't count, and I've done every facility upgrade in the game..

Go grind some 0-2 with a team of 100s and make combat reports

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Flappy Bert posted:

Go grind some 0-2 with a team of 100s and make combat reports

You know what this is an option I have never considered. How many runs roughly to create a batch of 80 combat reports?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Six runs if you're taking the auto-battle route, which is about a 3-minute+ time investment per run (at autobattler pace) so about 20 minutes give or take? You might also be able to get more xp on Oathed T-Dolls at 105/110/115/120 but I never tested that

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

New Leaf posted:

iirc batteries spent on HOC training don't count until the end of the training, because you can cancel it and refund them.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

New Leaf posted:

Buy Adopt pets.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Nomyth posted:

Six runs if you're taking the auto-battle route, which is about a 3-minute+ time investment per run (at autobattler pace) so about 20 minutes give or take? You might also be able to get more xp on Oathed T-Dolls at 105/110/115/120 but I never tested that

Nice I have loads of batteries and this seems a faster way to level dolls than just grinding them on 0-2

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

VoLaTiLe posted:

Nice I have loads of batteries and this seems a faster way to level dolls than just grinding them on 0-2

I now dump them on my 5-star fairies and let me tell you, it makes me regret using reports on T-Dolls, ever. 2100 or so just to get a fairy from 70 to 100

Keep in mind that you also need around that many Special Comabt Reports to max out a HOC

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 3, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nomyth posted:

I now dump them on my 5-star fairies and let me tell you, it makes me regret using reports on T-Dolls, ever. 2100 or so just to get a fairy from 70 to 100

Keep in mind that you also need around that many Special Comabt Reports to max out a HOC

You need 5k special reports to max out a HOC so not quite right.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
This might be the nerdiest thing I post on these forums.

Yesterday I saw a question pop up in the discord and ended up being too busy to see if it was answered but today I had time for testing. The gist of the question was, "would you earn more XP farming 0-2 with a team of 100's or a team of 100+'s."

I ran 0-2 with a team of lvl 100's and earned 16,170 surplus xp
I ran it with 4 lvl 120's and 1 lvl 100 and earned 13,522 surplus xp
I than ran it with my only team of non-maxed girls who could run 0-2 consisting of lvl's 117, 84, 115, 111 and 100. They earned 23,026 xp between the five of them and earned an additional 2,844 in surplus xp a total overall xp gain of 25,870.

So if you just want to crank out some combat reports use a team of lvl 100's on 0-2 but it's not the best way to level up a whole squad of girls.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
IIRC 0-2 starts falling off on XP gains around level 94.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

IIRC 0-2 starts falling off on XP gains around level 94.

i've taken dolls to lv 100 running 0-2 without issue and i know some people grind up to 110 there. iirc the exp cliff for it is somewhere in mod2 territory (110-115).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's 112 IIRC.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I level mine to 120 in 0-2 because we still can't favorite dolls, and having to scroll a bunch or mess with filters to find lower level draggers every single run is kind of a pain. I use combat reports to get Mod3 dolls to 115 though, so the ones that can't dps in 0-2 (or MGs who are too expensive to use for it) will just remain at 115 forever.

Exp-wise it would probably be more efficient to use a regular level 100 doll to DPS for the increased surplus exp instead of using the high level Mod3-doll, but if I'm chain-running 0-2 that means I earn exp faster than Kalina can convert them to combat reports, and then it gets wasted that way instead. If you're going for just one set of combat reports though, max level 100 dolls are the way to go.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 6, 2020

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Any of the new T-dolls important to pull for? I got the SMG so far.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Android 11 is dropping apparently and I'm on a Pixel, so I'll get it soon. Is there any reason to assume there will be compatibility issues? I feel like I couldn't play for a few days when Android 9 or 10 or something dropped a while back.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

brainwrinkle posted:

Any of the new T-dolls important to pull for? I got the SMG so far.

None of them are like a new tier of power or anything, CR-21 is at least interesting to put in an echelon with RFB.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/GirlsFrontline/status/1303634270548713478

:vince:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Android 11 is dropping apparently and I'm on a Pixel, so I'll get it soon. Is there any reason to assume there will be compatibility issues? I feel like I couldn't play for a few days when Android 9 or 10 or something dropped a while back.

You should literally never assume that anything will work bug-free if you're getting the new OS pretty much the second it launches. It'll be exactly the same situation as the last Android version upgrades.

A bunch of Japanese mobile games are also busy putting up warnings that you shouldn't upgrade as the devs haven't tested their apps against Android 11.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Holy poo poo this update rocks. I love the adjutant thing, and make sure you try a furniture/costume pull, they added a great little animation.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Not a fan of the loading interstitial screens in between every part of the base. Feels slower than before.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

brainwrinkle posted:

Not a fan of the loading interstitial screens in between every part of the base. Feels slower than before.

The loading was there before but they were just black screens rather than a full loading screen.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I had to do a fresh install of the game to get the update to work and it feels nice and peppy. I'd fully recommend it.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
The battle view doors not frameskipping like 50 frames at the beginning of a battle is nice

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

hello darkness my old friend

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
We're going to need a bigger HOC.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Do you get anything for winning those? I tried on the Cerberus for a while and get it drat close but if there's no reward I don't really care all that much.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

New Leaf posted:

Do you get anything for winning those? I tried on the Cerberus for a while and get it drat close but if there's no reward I don't really care all that much.

Bragging rights. It doesn't even add the enemies to the collection.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

HOC rate up was kind to me :toot:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

loving christ.. I just get the same ones over and over again.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I had all 5 of them at 5*s before the HOC rateup even started :v:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
None of the M2 rate-ups were kind to me even though I hoarded samples before both of them, so I still have 30% to go on M2....

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Huh seems like Chapter 10N only needs ARSMGs and dummy squads.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Okay wrapped up Chapter 10N. Only on the fourth stage did it feel like I had to pull out decent units but even the half-assed comp I used for the HGRF team still won fights with the Manticore mobs for minimum health damage.

Danann fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 1, 2020

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Good, I can get through it with just my waifus then

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've been putting it off because gently caress night missions but you're giving me hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I just followed the GFL Corner guides for it. The other chapters probably have RNG aspects to it though.