Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok this sounds fun I hope everyone is a PGO variant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you

this seems kind of aggressive dude, why so hostile?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:allears:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

You weren’t in the last game where that was literally the first post and it led to a hilarious series of events

man that sounds like a funny joke then

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah not voting binus.

Nor anyone else for now with all these "vote me" roles going around

but whatever, live fast die young

##vote binus

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah not voting binus.

Nor anyone else for now with all these "vote me" roles going around

what are ya, chicken?

what are ya, chicken?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lumpen posted:

If this is true, and you are Town, then Scum couldn’t numerically prevent whatever you’re vagueposting about...

sure they could it's called an NK

but binus, whyd you have to go and try and spoil which number is the sweet spot- oh wait nvm

Sandwolf posted:

This was fifth vote.. hesitant to vote binus all day, finds he needs to be fifth vote, immediately slaps it down.

prolly for fun stuff like this, yeah I didn't like that move either

##unvote

##vote MegaZeroX

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MegaZeroX posted:

I didn't want to be the one to cause binus to become scum or something because they have a 3p role that says "whoever the 5th person to vote you becomes your team" or something. If that happened, people would be like "LOOK AT MEGAZEROX! HE REFUSED TO VOTE FOR BINUS WHAT A SCUMBO! THEY CLAIMED MILLER AS WELL, SO MIGHT AS WELL LUNCH THEM!"

Also apart from this just being a lot of a rant here, I don't like that wild speculation at the start, seems like going way too far to justify

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oooh actually the more I look at it...

MegaZeroX posted:

I didn't want to be the one to cause binus to become scum or something because they have a 3p role that says "whoever the 5th person to vote you becomes your team" or something. If that happened, people would be like "LOOK AT MEGAZEROX! HE REFUSED TO VOTE FOR BINUS WHAT A SCUMBO! THEY CLAIMED MILLER AS WELL, SO MIGHT AS WELL LUNCH THEM!"

If binus has a role like that, or anything anti-town really, and he's working hard to make it happen, it's prolly gonna eventually happen. Why are you especially concerned about yourself being the one to take the blame?

more concerned about personal rep than the actual anti-town utility, I am feeling extremely good about Mega bein scum now (by D1 case standards)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

aw yeah this is some oldschool OMGUS love it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

i hate this poo poo so much, if you are town what could you possibly be gaining from this, unless you and Dancer are like, confirmed lovers or some poo poo

people are coming up with the wackiest poo poo here I swear

even if you don't have a "X votes does something" power you should have gathered from context that others do, and it is a thing in this game

what could POOOSSIBLY ever happen??!?!

man I don't actually know, but even if nothing happened and binus was making all this poo poo up, this was a pretty great content game, but context suggests it isn't so now you're just role fishing

I'm not thinking you're scum yet, just disappointed.

plz reread my case on Mega thx

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

man this is why no one could bring themselves to make a post in vanilla mafia, y'all forgot how to even play when ya don't have dumbass role poo poo to talk about

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dancer posted:

ok boomer

hey who else is here? Sandwolf can you do me a favour and vote me for now?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean I was talking way more in vanilaa. Though that's mostly cause I had s bad couple of mental health days over the weekend.

hope you're feeling better mate

hey wait, how about you vote me, and then I try and talk Mega into unvoting me, I wanna try and get a very specific group here

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

thanks mate

ok no one else vote me till I say so, if scummy lookin Mega can unvote me for now I think that will be better

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

well GOOD cause my instructions got superseded and maybe I don't think you sound so townie anymore ANYWAYS

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

well GREAT THEN doesn’t THIS work out GREAT FOR EVERYONE

YEAH

it's FINE

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

If I am voted for in perfect Fibonacci sequence, the scum are revealed to town by the light of the divine

that's just my normal VT game actually

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Leith Maclaine posted:

##vote Bifauxnen

Dancer posted:

ok boomer

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

omfg what did I tell you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tommu posted:

Binus is doing his patented day 1 play where he completly fucks everything up by putting all attention onto him to draw out scum.

It doesnt work.

oh cool is that really your thing now binus I thought it was to not do much on D1 and just go lol at everyone who voted you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tommu posted:

Binus is doing his patented day 1 play where he completly fucks everything up by putting all attention onto him to draw out scum.

It doesnt work.

oh, also, are you saying... binus is town then?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hey man I got results hehe

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tommu posted:

on the balance he most likely is but i dont have all da info you know?

He could just be terrible scum (keeping in line with his town play)

yeah no worries was just having a go cause you were still voting him and all plz disregard

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dancer posted:

I am confused why you would think it necessary to point out that bif might be scum. Yeah dude, the role says absolutely nothing about her alignment.

Like I dunno if I'm trying to do 4d mafia-chess I'm gonna assume that you are scum and you know bif to not be scum and you're panicking for some reason and you're like "poo poo poo poo people might think she's town how do I ~cast aspersions~ in a subtle way" (while missing that no we don't actually have decent reasons to read her particularly town-y).

I'll have you know my towniness is a brilliant shining beacon of light so pure and holy that it melts the faces of all who gaze upon it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Bif apparently had some sort of "randomly choose a person voting you and kill them" ability

not sure how that's passive but uhhhhhh yeah it happened

how are y'all so bad at this setup spec

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

well someone else do something scummy then

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

well someone else do something scummy then

Dancer posted:

##vote no execute

yep that's a start

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

A town player already died. The wheel has been greased with blood. Let's look at what happens.

and that put the game back to proper odd numbers instead of evens so if we no-lunch that'll gently caress it all up again!

anyway, in closing, Mega I don't think you necessarily gotta full claim stuff like Sandwolf wants but I do think it's about time you cleared up whether the Miller claim was a hilarious joke or not.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lumpen posted:

SCUM
MegaZeroX
AA
b-1
Dancer
ASF
Tommu
Humalong
RF
Illegally Sober
Sandwolf
Hal
Bif
Lumpen
TOWN

huh, why's Hal so high up on the townie scale? dont think he's scummy yet but that's way farther along in the scale than I expected

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

man if you think Lumpen's so scummy why aren't you voting him

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I think everyone making a big deal about the lack of a vote looks waaay worse imo

##vote bif

She seems like a baddie this game

what "big deal" he literally put no actual effort into the list beyond mirroring it exactly, I assumed this was a joke and responded in turn

the fact he then went "oh wait yes, now that you point it out and everything, I should vote my top scum pick now, who just so happens to be Lumpen after all by funny coincidence instead of Bif, whoopsie I forgot I was even voting her dont worry I will fix that everyone" man that's dodgy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

If anything that makes bifs callout look scummy af

lol what ok just read post above

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

If anything that makes bifs callout look scummy af

Hm is this just being dumb town though or scum overreach

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hm, could just be dumb town not getting the joke. But even if you don't get the joke, it's just a straightforward "well if he's the most scum why don't you vote him" question, so AA trying to spin it as a ~*~BIG DEAL~*~ looks far more actively scummy

current suspects:
Mega
AA
RF less so, seems to just be backin peeps up, especially peeps I think are scummy
Humalong for bleh scummy gutfeel
Dancer maybe
Binus still not scummy overall but now downgraded from looking near the top of my townie list

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

but seriously though, Mega is scummieat by far, just look at what happened here:

1. Lumpen posts his Lumpenlist

Lumpen posted:

SCUM
MegaZeroX
AA
b-1
Dancer
ASF
Tommu
Humalong
RF
Illegally Sober
Sandwolf
Hal
Bif
Lumpen
TOWN

2. Mega posts his own Lumpenlist which is an exact mirror of Lumpen's, with zero comment.

MegaZeroX posted:

SCUM
Lumpen
Bif
Sandwolf
Hal
Illegally Sober
RF
Humalong
Tommu
ASF
Dancer
b-1
AA
MegaZeroX
TOWN

3. This is clearly a funny joke so I post:

Bifauxnen posted:

man if you think Lumpen's so scummy why aren't you voting him

4. AA seems to get the joke:

Oddly enough, I'm ok with this reverse list lol.

5. But binus, possibly scum trying to grab onto something but seemingly just oblivious to the joke, instead restates my question in all seriousness

b-minus1 posted:

Wow I pretty much agree with this list lol. Though I am also wondering why you aren’t voting lumpen if you think he’s that scummy.

6. Mega goes on to say some nonsequitur answer before answering binus' question in similar seriousness. Instead of just explaining the joke, now that it looks like maybe more than one person is actually casing him on it or something, Mega gives some justification now. "Oh! I just happened to want to vote Lumpen yes, but I somehow forgot I was voting Bif!" This smells.

MegaZeroX posted:

Because I'm miller and when so passive ability eventually let's a player see me we are going to go through this entire song and dance again and waist a higher information lunch. People should just probably get me now and then keep my reads into account for the future.

MegaZeroX posted:

oh also I forgot I was voting bif.

##vote Lumpen

7. AA then comes in to mirror what Mega sounded concerned about, that people were questioning Mega about this, and tries to spin that question into something scummy in and of itself.

I think everyone making a big deal about the lack of a vote looks waaay worse imo

##vote bif

She seems like a baddie this game

I would be not surprised in the least if AA and Mega are scumbros and that's why AA interpreted it as such.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

God I loving missed actually playing mafia this is great

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

the key thing here is looking for scum mind, for intentions that change and reveal continuity errors in their progression of thinking, for changes in opinion that make no sense from a genuine town pov. This is why Lumpen gets this case, thanks Lumps

Mega making a joke then changing his stance to look as if it had been serious all along, that is the lead.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

how do you feel about his miller claim bif?

I am confused as hell about it and actually expected him to call it a joke later. That's why I was prodding at Hum a bit to start when Hum was commenting on it early. It woulda been a funny joke, since miller is a passive ability, just a seemingly useless one in this setup. It seems to go right along with my case I just made, but to be fair Mega never said it wasn't a joke, and first post is how you're traditionally supposed to deal with being a miller.

So it's not as much of a smoking gun for me as this Lumpenlist thing, but man does it seem to reinforce the theme here and smell pretty fishy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok lunch over see y'all later tonight, I promised I'd get in some drunkposting again now that I finally rolled town, only done it as scum and SK before hahaha

peraMyst included