Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(if i havent posted a votefinder update in thread for a while, i may be asleep which means there may be unresolved stuff relating to votes. check the comment under the votecount for the last time i manually confirmed everything)

Hi, so this game's gimmick is in the title.

What that means is, the only action taken at night will be the scum's factional kill, and day actions will not exist.

Additionally, there will be no vanilla players. Every player will have an action a unique thing, and neither that action's thing's target nor when it is activated, will be controlled by the player. Not directly, at least. You will know about these triggers fully in your role PM.

The game will be for something like 12-15 players.

Note: self-votes will not be counted in this game.

Also, please post in this thread or PM me if you want to help me balance the game (thereby obviously barring you from playing), since I'm a new mod.

Players:

1- Lumpy
2- Leeth
3- Aaa real mobsters
4- Sandy
5- hal
6- binus
7- asdfghjkl
8- Dancy
9- Tommy
10- Mega Z Man
11- Illegally sober
12- RT
13- Bifffffff
14- Mr Hummy

1. A Sometimes Food
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. b-minus1
  4. Bifauxnen
  5. Dancer
  6. Hal Incandenza
  7. IllegallySober
  8. Lumpen
  9. MegaZeroX
  10. Mr. Humalong
  11. Retro Futurist
  12. Sandwolf
  13. Tommu

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

Steak did you enter the game queue? Please contact Ecco or Asiina at your earliest convenience

who? what? what is that?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no thats ASF lol. i can add you tho, if u wanna play.

also, besides humalong, signups are pretty much closed now.

i just have to set up votefinder/discord, make a final decision wrt all the roles and game balance, and then we can start. most likely today or tomorrow.

stay tuned for me to post a discord link.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tommu posted:

I will not stay tuned.

modkilled.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm setting up the discord server now. go ahead and join when you get the chance. https://discord.gg/sCHHAJ

ideally, you should see nothing and it should basically look like your app is glitching, before i manually give you permission to see anything

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
waiting on 3 people for the discord. (if i havent made your confessional yet, its just because im lazy, don't worry)

...or 2 people. my math is pretty bad lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tommu posted:

Mr steak give me a role.

once i commit to final setup tweaks, i'll close thread and shuffle roles a little early, though i still need 3 people out of asf, leith, mega, and hal to join discord before we start (and before i add anybody to scumchat). one of you is already in under a different name but idk who lol. get back to me about that. the other 3, join the discord!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MegaZeroX posted:

I thought I already joined? I clicked on the thing, but the "glitch" seemed to be that no discord server popped up at all. I'll try again

the 'glitch' wouldve been an empty server with no channels or users. but all's good now :)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for the game, i still need, i think it's asf who's missing. or leith.

for sending out roles, i'm just waiting for gool ol' podima to give the final setup a once-over

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can anyone confirm/deny whether ASF's discord username is Atomik, because everyone else joined the server before he answered my PM lmao

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sweet. locking thread now to send roles, and then we'll start in like an hour.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Read this part, it’s important:
Due to the nature of this game, I’ll need to process a lot of votes manually. Therefore, I suggest taking votefinder with a small grain of salt until I manually post an update. I’ll try to do so frequently when lots of voting is going on.

Also, please forgive any slowness or mistakes on my part, since not only is this the first actually good game that I’m modding, but I’ve also made it a huge clusterfuck to mod. So just bear with me ahahaha *is dead*

Flavor starts here: (oh god im bad at flavor and only have 5 minutes to write this)

Everyone, you are people who live in a town. BUT! There is an evil presence afoot in the midst of this quiet village, threatening to uhhh disrupt the ... quietness. It is up to the good law-abiding citizens of this town to suss out that evil presence and make it dead. As dead as the game’s mod will be after a single day of this catastrophe.

Okay, now you’re on your own, good loving luck.

DAY 1 IS NOW STARTED AS SOON AS I INFORM VOTEFINDER OF THIS FACT

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
note: instead of spamming votefinder constantly, i'll be changing the votecount comment to the time i last approved it. you can check it on the website at any time.

(i'll still post an update if something happens to affect votes)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

Note: self-votes will not be counted in this game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Leith Maclaine, Town-alligned Coccoon, has DIED

Town Cocoon
Until every living player has voted for you at least once, you are incubating.
As soon as every living player has voted for you at least once, you become a Fairy.

Fairy
Whenever somebody flips as town, you copy their ability. You don’t get a choice.
Further town flips will STACK with all of your inherited abilities.

You win when there are no longer any scum players alive in the game.

The day continues.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MegaZeroX has died.

THE DAY IS NOT OVER YET.

You have until 6 hours from this post to execute another person. Of course you may still elect to no-execute.

MegaZeroX's role and alignment will be flipped at the new deadline.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The day extended deadline has ended in a no-execute. Flip will be posted soon.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MegaZeroX, Town-alligned Jester, died today.

Town Jester
If you are executed, you will instead become a Superghost.
If you die in any other way, that sucks for you - you’re dead!

As a Superghost, you CANNOT post in the thread anymore. In other words, you aren’t technically a player in the game anymore, so you get to have real actions!

As a Superghost, you may use ONE of the following one-shot actions each day.
1 - Dayvig, pure and simple. To use in thread, post ##kill <target> surrounded by ghost emojis.
2 - Lie Detector used against a single post made in thread during this day, chosen by privately notifying the mod. The ENTIRE post will be lie detected, and the results (Contains no lies/Contains one or more lies/Results unclear) as determined by the mod to the best of their ability will be publicly posted in the thread. Alignment claims in the post will be ignored.
3 - Ghostvoting. For the remainder of this day you may ghostvote in the thread by posting ##ghostvote <target> surrounded by ghost emojis. A ghostvote is an ANTI-VOTE - it will remove a single vote from your target, but the vote will be added back if you move your ghostvote. You may also ##unghostvote.

DO NOT post in the thread after your death aside from using your Dayvig or Ghostvote. You may emphatically ghostvote for someone a lot of times in a post, but don't try to come up with a more complicated ghostvote-based communication method.

You will not be added to deadchat until you have used all three of your one-shot actions and fully exited the game.

Night 1 starts now. Scum, please decide on who to kill. The rest of you, hold tight.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lumpen, Town-alligned Spiteful, was killed on N1.

Town Spiteful
Anybody voting you at the end of the day is roleblocked the following night. This also applies if you are executed.

Day 2 begins now.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

##possess Dancer

this is fake, also gently caress you humalong lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Humalong, Scum-aligned Salty, has been ghostvigged.

Scum Salty
Once per day each, when a vote puts you at minus 6, minus 4, and minus 2 votes to execution, a stack of hated is added to every player besides you for the remainder of the day. (scumbuds included)
(note: this CAN result in a simultaneous hammer)

You win when scum is the majority of players.

The day continues.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Votecount for Day 2

Sandwolf (3): Hal Incandenza, Anonymous, Anonymous
Hal Incandenza (3): Sandwolf, Anonymous, Anonymous
b-minus1 (3): Anomalous Amalgam, Bifauxnen, Dancer, Dancer, Bifauxnen, Anonymous, Anonymous
Dancer (3): Retro Futurist, Anonymous, Anonymous
Anomalous Amalgam (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
A Sometimes Food (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
Tommu (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
IllegallySober (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
Retro Futurist (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
Bifauxnen (2): Anonymous, Anonymous

Not Voting (6): A Sometimes Food, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Dancer, IllegallySober, Tommu

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 07th, 2019 at 5 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

mod-approved
8:58pm EST

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Wait, why are salty stacks still in play?

because the role says until the end of the day, not until you die.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hal has been executed.

THE DAY IS NOT OVER YET.

You have until the same deadline to execute another person. Of course, you may still elect to no-execute.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (3): Anomalous Amalgam, Bifauxnen, Dancer, Dancer, Bifauxnen, Anonymous, Anonymous
A Sometimes Food (3): Retro Futurist, Anonymous, Anonymous
Retro Futurist (3): Dancer, Anonymous, Anonymous
Anomalous Amalgam (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
Sandwolf (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
Dancer (2): Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, Anonymous, Anonymous
Tommu (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
IllegallySober (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
Bifauxnen (2): Dancer, Dancer, Anonymous, Anonymous

Not Voting (6): A Sometimes Food, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, IllegallySober, Sandwolf, Tommu

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 07th, 2019 at 5 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 32 minutes.

mod-approved
10:25 EST

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The day is over.

Exactly one person died today.

Hal, Town-aligned Sleuth, is dead.

Town Sleuth
If you are killed at night, the number of scum remaining in the game will be publicly posted.

It is now Night 2. Scum, please choose your kill quickly (once discord servers un-gently caress themselves)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(also humalong died earlier but shush)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Retro Futurist, Town-aligned Merciful, was killed at night.

Town Merciful
Anybody voting you at the end of the day is protected from harm the following night. This also applies if you are executed.

Day 3 will begin as soon as I make sure all those anonymous votes aren't in votefinder anymore.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (8): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Dancer, IllegallySober, Sandwolf, Tommu

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 10th, 2019 at noon EST -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

edit: ok there i fixed the deadline

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh deadline happened lol. also dancer i'll have u know it's hard to choose a deadline when it might get randomly extended by 6 hours. anyway, flip coming real soon

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A Sometimes Food, Scum-Aligned Bloodthirsty, has been executed

Scum Bloodthirsty
If you are currently voting for someone at the moment of their hammer, the day does not end after the execution, and town may execute another person before deadline. The first person’s flip will happen at the new deadline. (this can only happen once per day).
(if this happens while deadline is less than 6 hours away, deadline will be extended to 6 hours after the hammer)

Night 3 starts now. Scum, you know what to do.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bminus, Town-aligned Downsing rod, has been killed.

Town Dowsing Rod
The first player who puts you at minus 3 votes to execution each day will immediately have their alignment revealed to you privately. When majority becomes 4 or fewer, you must hit -1 for this to activate.
(results of “scum” or “not scum”)

Day 4 starts now.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mod-clarification on qualities of the extra lunch.

regardless of any player's abilities, the day ends immediately after the 2nd hammer

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really didn't intend for this to be so confusing. the reason for my clarification was i don't want a potential mod-error to blatantly contradict a person's claim. a lie should be contradicted by real things, not meta things, and the truth shouldnt be turned into a lie by a mod-error.

the wording of the clarification was vague so that im not giving any more info than i have to.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dancer posted:

##unvote this game doesn't need to end

i didnt think i had to bother with deadlines when there are this few players left, but i guess i can add one :v:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im getting too many queries about this, and since mega cant communicate with y'all i'll tell you exactly what i told him, about whether a post is valid for lie detection:

use this flow-chart:

1) would a result of "lies detected" confirm the player as scum?

yes: go to 2
no: the post is valid!

2) would a result of "no lies detected" confirm the player as town?

yes: the post is not valid :(
no: the post is valid!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sandwolf is dead and the day is not over.

you can choose to execute 1 other person, or no-execute

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anomalous Amalgam, Town-aligned Gravedigger, was executed.

Town Gravedigger
Whenever somebody flips as scum, you copy their ability. You don’t get a choice.
Further scum flips will overwrite your inherited scum ability.

Sandwolf, Scum-aligned Spiky, was executed.

Scum Spiky
Any player who votes for you will receive a vote on themselves too. The vote will count as yours, but you can still vote who you want, including that same person. Once a player unvotes you, your vote on them dissolves as well. These things happen simultaneously. Which means that a simultaneous hammer is theoretically possible.

Scum, choose your kill quickly.

The game's not over yet.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bifauxnen, Town-aligned Minibomb, was killed.

Town Mini-bomb
The first person to put you at three votes DIES.
This is a one-shot ability.

Day 5 begins now. Not gonna bother with a deadline again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
IllegallySober, Town-Alligned Security Guard, was executed.

Town Security Guard
You learn whether any of the last 3 voters on an execution were scum. Results of “scum detected” or “no scum detected”. Anonymous votes will be skipped. In other words, three players will always be tested.

Tommu, Town-aligned Ex-amnesiac, was endgamed.

Amnesiac
You have 1-shot Deathproof.
If your deathproof is expended by majority vote, you will immediately become Vanilla Town and the day will continue.
If it is expended by any other method, you will immediately become a Scum Maniac as follows: For every unique player who votes you, the deadline is reduced by 1 hour.
If you survive to the end of the game without your Deathproof being expended, you lose.

Dancer, Scum-aligned Fool, was endgamed.

Scum Fool
Whenever a town player uses the ##unvote command, the mafia gains 5 points.

......wait a second, no. something's wrong here.

IllegallySober, Scum-aligned Death-Miller, was executed.

Dancer, Town-aligned Fool, was endgamed.

Town Fool
If you are executed by majority vote, you’ll flip as scum. [also if you're endgamed because i'm a troll]

Tommu, Town-aligned Ex-amnesiac, was endgamed.

interesting game everyone! post-game starts now, aka anybody can post. feel free to discuss.