Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Uggghhh sure lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm not going to read my pm since I don't have to do anything. I'll assume I'm town but if I'm scum could my buddies please speak up. Just post in spoilers so nobody else can read it

:goofy:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Leith Maclaine posted:

Also, probably for similar reasons to b-, if everyone can vote for me and then unvote, it would be appreciated.

:how:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote bee
##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dancer posted:

Y'all can just vote me you know.

And then not unvote.

Release me from my suffering.

:chaostrump:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Don’t unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

AA prolly scum

Seriously guys I need some votes and then you guys can vote for someone else later. Basically give me your votes or you’re scum

:dogge:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommu posted:

Is this megas first game?

:negative:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVhgq1yHdA

congratulations friend. you are the winner. unfortunately you are not dead. since you are the winner i'm gonna need you to do me a favor and help me find and lunch the scum.

:cmon:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Leith Maclaine posted:

I need votes but it's time to play mafia, I guess I will acquire them the old fashioned way by pissing of AA and Hal.

:discourse:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean it kind of seemed to me like binus was loving around.

:agreed:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote no lunch

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

trying to wrap my mind around the idea of no-lunch on D1 in a no-night action game and failing miserably

Scum still kill and probably trigger night actions. I'll give up my self-imposed emoticon posting because toal's game is now over.

A town player already died. The wheel has been greased with blood. Let's look at what happens.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

MegaZeroX posted:

SCUM
Lumpen
Bif
Sandwolf
Hal
Illegally Sober
RF
Humalong
Tommu
ASF
Dancer
b-1
AA
MegaZeroX
TOWN

Oddly enough, I'm ok with this reverse list lol.

Lump lord is less lump lord than usual, maybe it's new baby, maybe it's a Machiavellian ploy
Bif, you are actually pinging me, hmmm, weird
Hal is more middle of the list imo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think everyone making a big deal about the lack of a vote looks waaay worse imo

##vote bif

She seems like a baddie this game

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

ok 11 hours to go

I'm about to fall asleep at any moment and I'll post when I wake up, but I will probably not be around for deadline so plz vote for Mega, that is the most solid lead I have

in the meantime here is my drunken Lumpenlist, a Drunkenlist if you will

Townie towns

Lumpen : feels like his effort town game, why the gently caress are any idiots voting for him, specially on D1 why not just vote a lurker instead ya twats

Sandwolf: active and feels townie even if I don't agree with him about a lot of individual facts or reads

Tommu: kinda active at points, so vaguely leaning town, even if a lot of it's jokephasey that is still an important part of the game, putting yourself out there instead of being a chickenshit

Only just barely leaning Town

binus: very active, and the pushes on him seemed lovely, so leaning townie but deffo not cleared or nothing

ASF : miiiiiildly townie, going along with the vote on me when I requested it could've just been scum trying to blend in, but not an active ping.

Very vague scum feels

IS : scummy gutfeel, just sniping on stuff that seems weird or pointless to me

Hal : just his usual lurking and chilling, but commenting on miller stuff seemed weak as, just looking for something safe to comment on I think

RF: total null, which is bad in itself but leaning scum by default

Dancer : scummy gutfeel but not much to go on

Humalong : scummy gutfeel but more so than Dancer, any time he's posted it has not seemed town

Suuuuuper scum

AA : prolly Mega's scumbro

MegaZeroX : strongest scum read, for reasons already explained in detail

This is classic Bif scum grandstanding with buckshot opinions to look like they're doing things.

Phone it in folks, she's scum.

Even if it wasn't a meta read that I had, this type of unexplained gut feel, hyperbolic, mass of meta reads is patently a scum move.

How can I address the game in a way that seems beneficial but offers no real insights and tosses a lot of shade... bingo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

you are not very good at pattern recognition my friend

well ok sorry that was mean you're just scum so your pattern recognition is probably fine

So sayeth the blatant scum, Bifauxnen.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

seriously though have y'all seen my last scum games!? they were pitiful

last time I had a good one was fuckin years ago, in temple game, and that was prolly cause the wildly different format let me bus like mad when there was nothing on the line

I got my teeth in a good lead and I'm so excited about it but AA thinks this is scum what a goddamn joke

you should know better Anomalous Scumalagam

you cannot deny my holy townie rage you can only nightkill me as soon as possible

Maybe...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sand not having a vote down right now is suspicious of that group.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
TBH, I have been playing pretty breezy.

I mean millers should definitely claim.

Mega just tried to obliterate me as 3p so I know that they are capable of lying through their teeth

I'm not at all scum.

Lumpen is still null at this point to be honest, and I did think the reverse list was mostly joking

I've got feels on Bif, but maybe... maybe it is town Bif. Her opinions are still bad and wrong, but maybe it's her town game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

night all

suck a dick, dumbshits

D:<

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

Very much no. Your post is totally incongruent with my perceptions. Bif strikes me as sincere and effortful in this game. You’re just telling on yourself, I suspect.

Nah, I'm no rookie scum at this point. I'll forever be an idiot town, but if I wanted to game you, I would. except that one time you identified me anime detective style in like 3 posts, but not this game unfortunately.

the mod hates me and won't give me my favorite roles.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

I would like MegaZeroX, A Sometimes Food, and Anomalous Amalgam to end the day with votes on me.

sure thing, boss.

##vote Lump Lord

I hope it's an investigative, but if Lumpen comes back in says one in this group is scum, and then uses it to push Mega or myself, he's scum with ASF. Phone it in, folks.

Also Phone it in is going to be one of my new catch phrases.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Completely speculative, uncertain passive investigations related to votes would be a good role in a set up like this though.

My own role is p neat, but will be useless probably until day 3 if we get lucky tomorrow. I doubt we will get lucky today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote dancer

Yeah, wouldn't we also get the full text of your role, clarifying your alignment?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hmm i see your excuse... hmmm

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
But if you get NK'd you flip as town.

Hmmm....

gently caress deathmillers.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

The people playing the mod are becoming more suspicious to me than Dancer’s claim. Especially here near deadline.

I mean... ugh it's a gross role. Absolutely disgusting because what if he's scum that flips town if nk'd by say visiting a pgo passive or something of that sort.

If it's a lie it's a drat good one and if it's a deathmiller... gently caress youuuuu steeeeaaakkkkk

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ughghghhh

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dancer posted:

Wait, one more thing that I specifically asked Steak that I can reveal: No, I do not know what my flip will be. I'd tell you if I did.

:dogge:

OP doesn't mention alignment shenanigans being barred and every role being unique albeit passive.

I might be inclined to vote Hum for trying to defuse the heat on dancer. I don't think it's suspicious at all to question that because it put dancer under a cloak until death and even then is maybe unreliable.

Scum please just kill dancer. Even if he's on your team.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

The controversy with Deathmiller as a role that made it so infamous and despised is that it violates a fundamental pillar of good Mafia game and setup design: "all Mod-provided information is true".
If the information posted by the Mod becomes subject to debate and second-guessing, the entire fabric of the game breaks down. It is antithetical to fun.

Steak may be new to modding, but the idea of a Mod posting a fully false role and false alignment in thread after a flip is too much to believe, I will give Steak more credit for sense than that.

I think this is a strong argument that extends beyond speculating how a mod might handle things, and how improbable a completely falsified flip might actually be.

I don't know though...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Actually AA why did you back down on the bif read, I liked what you were saying but like you flipped on that pretty quick

Because of FF7 flash backs or one of the FF games.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote lumpen

Im no coward
Ive just been driving

Drive safe folks!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

Lumpen, Town-alligned Spiteful, was killed on N1.

Town Spiteful
Anybody voting you at the end of the day is roleblocked the following night. This also applies if you are executed.

You win when there are no longer any scum players alive in the game.

Day 2 begins now.

This big ol dumb dumb

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
BUt scum was clearly scared and thought he had an investigative.

Who on his list didn't vote him.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oooh someone’s gonna get got

:agreed:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

Ahaha Jesus this is a backhanded compliment, I’ve been trying to be more chill, I don’t like having a reputation for “fury”

I smoke too much drat weed for that

lmao I thought you were also being surprisingly chill.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

This is not a joke. You can unvote as soon as I hit 3.

gently caress it

##vote bee

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Thanks.

What did you think about bif and sandwolf’s eagerness to dunk a lurker after mega’s lunch?

Eh, I waffled on BIf d1 because she was loud and insistent which vibes with my Bif-chan experiences, but over all I still think she looks scummy.

Sand also looks kind of scummy, and as pointed out, more muted this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

uh huuuuuuuh please go on

I've no investigative, and only have meta and your bad posts to go on, hth.

:wink: