Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Okay, but I’m going to be v chill in this game and I’d better get a drat good role!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hello hi good evening I am at a football game but will be back in the morning (or tonight if I am sober enougHAHAHAHA WHO AM I KIDDING)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Voting sucks. Nobody should do it. Ever. :angel:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

##vote RF

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Also my head hurts, booze sucks, football’s cool, and it’s seven hours till my team plays so I’m gonna go test-drive a couple new cars.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

FOOTBALL RULES GO TEXANS

...was Binus a liar? Is that what we’ve figured out in my absence?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

b-minus1 posted:

:iiam:

Leith do you still need votes, or are you good? There may have been someone else. If not, then we can start playing mafia

Okay, let’s start ##vote binus

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I need exactly TWO people to vote for me.

No more than two and no less than two.

And then something FUN will happen!

It’s nothing, nothing will happen and all these voting games are bullshit- play mafia

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

So far this is the best post of the day

Lumpen posted:

If this is true, and you are Town, then Scum couldn’t numerically prevent whatever you’re vagueposting about... so it makes me wonder why you’d be cagey about it and not just explain outright.

If you are Scum then probably voting you is bad for whoever does it, because otherwise you’d likely be able to get those “two more votes” from Scumbuddies.

So in conclusion if you’re Town just claim your claim.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also what’s the use of a miller in a game of only passive roles? I guess there could be some sort of passive cop role but that’s a bit strange

That’s actually a really good point that I glossed over the first time.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

It’s nothing, nothing will happen and all these voting games are bullshit- play mafia

Mr. Steak posted:

Leith Maclaine, Town-alligned Coccoon, has DIED

Well, at least one of them was real. I stand corrected.

That’s too bad, that would have been a cool role to have around.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

MegaZero seems super scummy but I wasn't in their other game is that how they were in that one too?

I thought MegaZero had played in a few other games at this point. Is this really their second game?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

trying to wrap my mind around the idea of no-lunch on D1 in a no-night action game and failing miserably

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

MegaZeroX posted:

Because I'm miller and when so passive ability eventually let's a player see me we are going to go through this entire song and dance again and waist a higher information lunch. People should just probably get me now and then keep my reads into account for the future.

IMO I feel like you’re being pretty over dramatic and woe-is-me for a game with no night actions other than the scum kill and for it being D1.

When I’ve seen millers before (which admittedly isn’t all that often from my memory) they typically outright state it D1 as you did, but they don’t give it up as easy as you seem to be doing.

Either you believe there’s investigative abilities or there’s not. If there aren’t, there’s little point to having a miller anyway. If there is, you state it and move on and let people decide for themselves if your claim seems to hold water based on your other posts.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that if you’re truly Town and a miller, don’t be this concerned over it. Play the game and make your reads, but don’t be so dramatic about it (and it’s D1, nobody’s reads here really mean jack)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Sorry, that was way more effort than I should be expending

IllegallySober posted:

I’m going to be v chill in this game

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I don’t really feel like dunking Mega D1 on their second game. Give it till tomorrow at least.

I’m eh on Lumpen asking for votes but the rest of his day seems okay today.

Everybody else has 1 or 0 votes, but in terms of bad D1 play, I found some:

Dancer posted:

Jokephase sucks and I'm about to kill it dead.

##vote binus

I am a town fool. If I die to the daily execute, I will flip scum (and flip town otherwise).

In other news Mr. Steak is a bad man. (and you can call me a coward if you must)d

Dancer posted:

Y'all can just vote me you know.

And then not unvote.

Release me from my suffering.

Here’s essentially a miller claim with the same sort of “poor me” stuff Mega was/is pulling.

Dancer posted:

Well, I dunno about Mega, who gave b his 5th vote total, but I was the one who brought b to 5 votes and I got nothing (as far as I can tell).

Soooo about that rolling start?

Claims to get nothing from B- “fifth-vote” thing- this isn’t provable at the moment but could certainly be hiding something for later. Not immediately relevant, but worth noting.

Dancer posted:

Side-note, with a dash of set-up spec I guess:

A miller claim is really odd, given this gameps schtick...

...as mentioned, your own claim is basically a miller??

Dancer posted:

##vote no execute

Dancer posted:

We're now 3/3 (well, 2/2 if you don't believe my claim) on town roles doing nothing during the night. Undoubtedly there will be some, but it's irresponsible to rely on that, come on.

We need to murder someone.

I will also go ahead and say: I do not actively wish that I be the target, but I should definitely be picked over no-one.

“We need to murder SOMEONE!” *is still voting no-dunk*

It’s enough for me on D1.

##vote Dancer

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dancer posted:

I dunno if this is scum but lol this is bad play. For a few different reasons

1) b- did not contradict me when I said I got nothing. This isn't "proof" but it could be quite a gambit. (unless of course you think binus and I are both scum in which case... go off I guess)

2) no it's not a miller claim wtf? And I like how you just brush to the side my observation that a literal miller is odd in this set-up given you made this exact same point yourself right here

3) Wow someone didn't rush to plant down a vote at 48 hours before deadline, after they very clearly a) voted NE as a joke and b) had already made it clear who they were suspect on.

Like come on this is weak.

1) Fair, you and B- both stated you received nothing from that which does add some credence to it, but as you also mentioned, it would be a good gambit. At any rate, this is more circumstantial than the real point of my argument.

2) I did make that point, but I’m also not the one that made the claim you did. I think it’s weird to make that point when YOU YOURSELF have a similar roleclaim.

3) You made your “joking” no-dunk vote 48 hours before deadline, accurate. It’s now 6 hours before deadline and not only are you still sitting on it, you’re going to go AFK for a while and leave it there while the rest of us are trying to come to a consensus. I don’t like it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m probably not going to be around at deadline (I may be buying a new car this afternoon/evening).

I’ll table the Dancer thing for the moment but I still think there’s meat on the bone there.

Mega, I was willing to give you a break but it looks like that faith was misplaced :sigh:

##voteMegaZeroX

That should be -1, putting this down now because again, I probably won’t be around to wait.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dammit Votefinder

##vote MegaZeroX

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Checking in on dunk results from the car dealership and what in the gently caress?

I’ll be back in hopefully less than two hours. For sure before this new deadline. My vote given prior discussion would go back on Dancer but I want to read the posts I’ve missed.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Paperwork is gonna take longer than I thought (probably another hour)

Will upload picture of fancy car as proof.

Still should be well within potential new deadline though.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hello here was my expensive decision for the evening

In terms of game state, I still have yet to catch up. Grabbing a late dinner and then I’m planning to reread.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Okay, never mind, I’m realistically not gonna have time to get reading in since drinks are flowing now.

I’m fine dunking Dancer but I’m also fine no-dunking and waiting to see what happens with Mega. Outside of that, I don’t recall any compelling cases from before I started this car stuff tonight that caught my eye. If someone has one, please point it out. I’ll check back one more time at least before deadline.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Looks like crickets. That’s okay with me. Enjoy your evening, everybody.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Catching up. I gotta buy the claim at least in part because votefinder (aka the mod) confirmed the count one minute before B- posted to shoot Hum. Makes too much sense that he got an actual result.

The question is, do we want to dunk him or do we wait for the ghost to shoot?

Game kinda grinds to a halt if we are waiting for a ghost. We can look at other stuff in the meantime, I guess.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’ll be back tomorrow, I’d love to read more but the brand new car I bought yesterday had the Check Engine light come on on my way home and I’m not in the mood to deal with any of it. I’ll see you all in the morning (from the service department lobby, I’m sure).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Good morning from the dealership service lobby.

b-minus1 posted:

Also getting scummy vibes from sober.

b-minus1 posted:

AA and sober are at the top of my list

b-minus1 posted:

I still think AA could be scum but an alternative for today is Sober, who seems to be in a perpetual state of catching up with the game while offering no reads

b-minus1 posted:

I think we should lunch sober

You and I usually joust so this doesn’t shock me, but it’s pretty lazy. I’d love to see something specific I’ve done that makes you believe I’m scum other than “wasn’t really here for a 24-hour period but when was here backed your claim and offered evidence why I believed it.”

Dancer posted:

Also this seems, with the benefit of hindsight, to be a p decent crumb that he now knows I'm not scum.

Dancer posted:

Like, if Bee-man's claim is fake, at least it's been fake for a while, it's not a fresh thing he just came up with. He started the game asking for 5 votes (-3 on D1) and he kept at it.

Between this two posts, Dancer’s willingness to be lie-detected, and B’s claimed result from D1, I’ll retract my earlier suspicion of Dancer and consider him basically confirmed town.

Don’t know how Awful app interacted with larger quoted posts on iPad so going to post this and add more thoughts in a second.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Didn’t scroll far enough down this page in my re-read and had a post typed up about AA’s vote-based passive discrepancy and then saw Bif already called it out, so that was a waste of my time, but makes me (and probably only me, since the rest of you will likely think I’m just bullshitting) feel good about Bif. I usually don’t attempt to read Bif much since she falls into the category for me of “alive past D3= 99%+ scum”. Think she’s actually town this time though.

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t see the case on AA at all, can we just lynch a lurker and be done with it. Tommu is still technically in this game, for example, ASF has also barely said anything this game day.

Bifauxnen posted:

why does no one else ever say Hal

In terms of lurkers there’s definitely a few of those. Going to read through Tommu/ASF/Hal right now and see what I think of them.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tommu- apart from opening the game with tunneling B- has done nothing else of note. Would vote here if for no other reason than we don’t lose much if we’re wrong, apparently.

ASF- lurking, has two game-related posts of substance that I can see:

A Sometimes Food posted:

Okay yeah that was the hole I was seeing, he claimed deathmiller which means he was obviously claiming that Steak would provide a fabricated flip. So RF acting like that was a gotcha confused the hell out of me.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Doubt we'd have both deathmiller and miller though so I imagine one of Mega or Dancer is lying. Leaning Mega, just cause deathmiller makes a bit more sense to exist in this game?

##vote Mega

Would love to see more thoughts on the current game state. Don’t have an issue voting here either, although that could change if ASF shows up and posts more. I at least see some thought process here but there isn’t enough.

Hal- my assumption is that Hal’s vote on Sandwolf is due to the late post at the end of D1, because otherwise that’s really out of left field. I need to go back and read the end of D1 in context to be sure because I’m just looking at posts by user for these reads right now. Hal threw out the idea of passive cop real early on, so if this turns out to be a huge bus job by B- somehow then I would definitely look at Hal as setting up that bus job.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Okay, need to do some real work for a bit so I’ll be back later

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

That Hal vote came together really quick this morning. I sure hope he was scum.

I’m not yet sure what to think about this morning’s convo about RF. It seemed pretty clear to me at the time RF posted that he was hinting at a protective role and it’s somewhat baffling to me that was missed.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tommu has made one post this game day that I can find and it was a vote on Hum.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dancer posted:

I dunno he doesn't seem unwilling. You seemed earlier to mistakenly believe he had the chance but he did not actually.

I want to do a Bad Thing: I would never ever choose to not post as a tactic but... what if there exists a scum in this game who would choose that? I want B- to cop a lurker. Say, IS.

Dancer posted:

To the point where I'm on the verge of just planting my vote on B- and screaming at people to not vote unless they're IS.

I had an entirely different train of thought before I woke up and checked the thread but no, gently caress that. I will absolutely be willing to be the cop target today, because between B- and now you screaming “let’s get that lurker IS!” when you have exactly two posts more than me this game day, I’m over it.

I’d far rather B- use the cop on someone who’s actually scum, but proving a townie is good enough for me. Somebody throw a vote on B and I’ll be right behind. It’s the second vote today, yes?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

God forbid somebody has something to do on a Sunday.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

lol this post is funny for biblical reasons

Didn’t even realize that :angel: I’m not a super religious guy but that’s a bad phrase job on my part. Whoops.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

:crossarms:

b-minus1 posted:

I would like Sober to be the vote that puts me at -3. What do you all think

Sandwolf posted:

In a passive ability game I can’t imagine Steak giving scum a lynchproof ability.

Tommu you’re 3P aren’t you

b-minus1 posted:

How about you put me at -3 so I can learn your alignment. Sound good to you?

b-minus1 posted:

Actually no. I think I like to confirm you bif.

Dancer posted:

To the point where I'm on the verge of just planting my vote on B- and screaming at people to not vote unless they're IS.

b-minus1 posted:

That’s fine with me. I don’t have a scumread of sandwolf anyway. Where are asf and aa?

b-minus1 posted:

Actually I want AA to put me at -3. Getting major scum pings.

You are super swingy today, huh?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Here’s my LumpenList as of now:

TOWN
IS

*a chasm the size of the Grand Canyon*

Bif (posting seems good- surprised she’s still alive but scum clearly had other priorities)
AA (not super on it this game but seems not on it from a towny way? More gut than anything else)
Sandwolf (has been present and contributed and appears to be interested in finding scum- tone is noticeably different from the last time I played with them and is far less abrasive but I don’t take that as an alignment tell because I feel like I’ve read other games recently where they were “nicer” too. I’m not trying to be a jerk, SW!)
B- (has identified scum. That said, swingy as hell today, has been out to get me yesterday, butting heads as usual, etc etc. Could be an epic bus job- they are a strong enough player to pull that off.)
Dancer (as above, cleared by B- but posting to me is disingenuous and I’m not sold yet that this wasn’t a bus job to confirm a scumbuddy. Watching this closely today)
ASF (has lurked, no question. Identified but didn’t believe the RF softclaim. Want to see more from them today before I make a definitive call, but leaning scum)
Tommu (has lurked and shitposted through the entirety of the game and also did not die to the dunk D2)
SCUM

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

b-minus1 posted:

Here's what we can do.

Everyone submits a post that says "I am town-aligned" and MegaZero can lie detect one of the posts. After that happens, I will cop someone else. By the end of the day, we will have results on 2 players, in addition to me and Dancer being confirmed town. (dancer could be gf, but i dont find his posts scummy so we can leave that alone for now).

What do you all think?

Didn’t Mega’s lie detect explicitly say it couldn’t confirm alignment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Yes it did.

Mr. Steak posted:

2 - Lie Detector used against a single post made in thread during this day, chosen by privately notifying the mod. The ENTIRE post will be lie detected, and the results (Contains no lies/Contains one or more lies/Results unclear) as determined by the mod to the best of their ability will be publicly posted in the thread. Alignment claims in the post will be ignored.