Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Black cats are by far the least popular breed of kitty because there's a depressingly large amount of morons who legit believe they're evil, possessed, bring bad luck, tools of the devil, etc. It's really sad.
Apparently people also don't like them because they show up as just a black blob with eyes in photographs and people can't post cute selfies with them.

Although now that I've typed that out I realize that's most likely some Facebook "Millennials are killing the black cat industry" bullshit.

Edit: gently caress off-topic snipe, have some content.

Knormal fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Spins posted:

I was that lady pretty much
And SA absolutely took me in and embraced me :love:
It was god drat wonderful

You are a beautiful goon with plenty of goldmine threads to offer.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Knormal posted:

Apparently people also don't like them because they show up as just a black blob with eyes in photographs and people can't post cute selfies with them.

Although now that I've typed that out I realize that's most likely some Facebook "Millennials are killing the black cat industry" bullshit.

Edit: gently caress off-topic snipe, have some content.

Hemingway's CL post.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Everything on here:

https://theworstroom.tumblr.com/

But especially the thirsty dudes offering free room to any :females: desperate enough to become willing sex slaves.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Every Craigslist listing is sad, except the jo crystal one

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Fleetwood Crack posted:

But especially the thirsty dudes offering free room to any :females: desperate enough to become willing sex slaves.

The police should monitor for these posts and just arrest every guy who puts one up.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

LabyaMynora posted:

The police should monitor for these posts and just arrest every guy who puts one up.

At the very least they should probably be under some intense scrutiny.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Apparently, folks in coos county are just generally a sad bunch:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I went looking for sad Craigslist posts and only found sketchy handymen who will paint a room (walls only) for 100 bucks.

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

Pawn 17 posted:

Craigslist post that made me happy:

I once posted an ad giving away a big microwave right before thanksgiving and some couple showed up nearly in tears cause their had broken right before the holidays. It was a feel good moment to see them so happy over something I just wanted to get rid of.

They were making a death ray

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

do you want the rest of this hamburger :burger:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Read this if you want to die

Craigslist posted:

Please we are looking for the people that gave PEPPER the Terrier away free on Craigslist. Please contact us for there have been reports filed that he is being SEVERELY ABUSED by the lady you gave him too. Her name is Robin "Sage" S. she lives in Gresham. It is been told he is being kicked and abused by force feedings and hit in other ways. The past roommate witness the abuse and tried to stop it but was beat up so she vacated the apt the next day leaving Pepper behind. We have contacted the authorities trying to get Pepper help but we are also looking for the previous owners to ask them to PLEASE get the dog back and give him to us and we will make sure he is placed in a good and safe home where there will be no abuse or harm brought to him ever again.

Please if you know the previous owners PLEASE PLEASE let us know who they are and we will contact them.

PLEASE TIME IS URGENT FOR THE DOG IS BEING ABUSED SO BADLY THAT WE ARE HOPING IT ISN'T TO LATE TO SAVE HIM......

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

kazr posted:

And.......................now I'm dead.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Not Craigslist, but on my local Nextdoor some poo poo stain posted a pic of his two pit bulls and said he couldn't afford to keep them any more and if no one bought them from him for $300 each, he'd be taking them to be euthanized.

I hope it was a troll, but the part of town he was from... it might've been real. :(

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

LabyaMynora posted:

Not Craigslist, but on my local Nextdoor some poo poo stain posted a pic of his two pit bulls and said he couldn't afford to keep them any more and if no one bought them from him for $300 each, he'd be taking them to be euthanized.

I hope it was a troll, but the part of town he was from... it might've been real. :(

My local animal shelter is basically full to the brim with Chihuahuas and pit bulls.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sad? Maybe. But this is a man that has felt love so good and deep he finds it to be worth more than that leather wallet with $16.00 in it.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Literally A Person posted:

Sad? Maybe. But this is a man that has felt love so good and deep he finds it to be worth more than that leather wallet with $16.00 in it.

Looking for st8-acting "Scorpion and Frog" - must be discrete, no fems!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

kazr posted:

I'm choosing to believe it's a post of filthy lies to try and take the dog away from the roomate. Possible motivation is they just hated that roomate, or they really loved the dog. I have no evidence to support this but it will help me sleep tonight

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Looking to steal something else? Or true love?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

LabyaMynora posted:

Yeah, Nextdoor is it's own special pit of despair.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

pixaal posted:

Looking to steal something else? Or true love?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-MSysORmPc

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Isn't nextdoor the ap that lets you passive aggressively bitch at neighbors by anonymously rating them or something loving stupid. God drat I hate the internet

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Milo and POTUS posted:

Isn't nextdoor the ap that lets you passive aggressively bitch at neighbors by anonymously rating them or something loving stupid. God drat I hate the internet

You must be thinking of something else. Nextdoor is the app people use to complain about blacks, hispanics, and other scary people in their precious whites-only neighborhood. Then again, I do live in oregon so it might just be here. But it's probably not.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ideally, it's a way to get news and information about what's happening in your area because local news has imploded in all but the largest cities.

In practice, it's a loving cesspit of boomers, morons, and passive-aggressive racism.

Another true Nextdoor story from my neighborhood:

A woman posts that two teenagers are going to every mailbox and stealing mail. This includes a physical description along the lines of , "One is BLACK and the other looks PUERTO RICAN or something."

The first reply is, "One of those boys is my son. They are putting business cards in every mailbox for their lawn mowing service. If you have any concerns, please call me," and then gives her number.

The OP then posts that she's sorry and she'll delete the post in a couple of days after everyone has a chance to see that its resolved.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

:ohno:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

gently caress no.

Fluffy Bumps
Nov 27, 2019

by SA Support Robot

He sounds like an incel weirdo. Should put him on a list.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
RIP casual encounters, killed by some dumb american law and then the thirsty americans started posting on foreign craigslists in desperation so now no one can have casual encounters

my local CAS was 80% dudes from NY by the end of it

Fluffy Bumps
Nov 27, 2019

by SA Support Robot

Ad by Khad posted:

RIP casual encounters, killed by some dumb american law and then the thirsty americans started posting on foreign craigslists in desperation so now no one can have casual encounters

my local CAS was 80% dudes from NY by the end of it

I believe it was a law that cracked down on sex trafficking and human smuggling and it had wide bipartisan support. Seems like getting rid of the casual encounters section on craigslist is a small price to pay to end the exploitation of so many women and minors.

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts

Fluffy Bumps posted:

I believe it was a law that cracked down on sex trafficking and human smuggling and it had wide bipartisan support. Seems like getting rid of the casual encounters section on craigslist is a small price to pay to end the exploitation of so many women and minors.

Yeah that TOTALLY quit happening now that weirdos can't meet up to gently caress.

Fluffy Bumps
Nov 27, 2019

by SA Support Robot

Smackdillion posted:

Yeah that TOTALLY quit happening now that weirdos can't meet up to gently caress.

It was being used as a platform for that stuff. It had to go.

Mooseface
Oct 19, 2005

Nap Ghost

Fluffy Bumps posted:

Where am I supposed to get my 2am crack and handbeezy now though?

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

LabyaMynora posted:

Ideally, it's a way to get news and information about what's happening in your area because local news has imploded in all but the largest cities.

In practice, it's a loving cesspit of boomers, morons, and passive-aggressive racism.

Another true Nextdoor story from my neighborhood:

A woman posts that two teenagers are going to every mailbox and stealing mail. This includes a physical description along the lines of , "One is BLACK and the other looks PUERTO RICAN or something."

The first reply is, "One of those boys is my son. They are putting business cards in every mailbox for their lawn mowing service. If you have any concerns, please call me," and then gives her number.

The OP then posts that she's sorry and she'll delete the post in a couple of days after everyone has a chance to see that its resolved.

Apparently I have a bunch of neighbors that own dogs with PTSD and when a neighbor blows up some firecrackers or shoots a gun, they get on there to complain about it. People get on there and complain about someone tailgating them or about someone not raking leaves or mildew on their siding. I had to delete it. It seemed like it would be useful for identifying lost pets but gently caress it.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Fluffy Bumps posted:

You're an idiot

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica

Fluffy Bumps posted:

It's actually been a complete loving disaster and has caused more women than ever to be trafficked and murdered. Abbreviated bills are almost never good.

Here's a not completely depressing take on it from Jim Jeffries:

[nsfw] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qGjpTsYSrc [/nsfw]

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

lunch in a crate posted:

Apparently I have a bunch of neighbors that own dogs with PTSD and when a neighbor blows up some firecrackers or shoots a gun, they get on there to complain about it.
A local goon just had his apartment building burned down by fireworks. They suck in the city.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
The girls had to go back on the streets and it's more dangerous for them there because they lacked a support group and were a lot more at the mercy of Pimps and other rotten people. Online, they could form groups on facebook and the like to talk between themselves about problem accounts and dangerous men they met. The law sent them back to nothing.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I take this post back sry friend

kazr fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bumps
Nov 27, 2019

by SA Support Robot

Odddzy posted:

The girls had to go back on the streets and it's more dangerous for them there because they lacked a support group and were a lot more at the mercy of Pimps and other rotten people. Online, they could form groups on facebook and the like to talk between themselves about problem accounts and dangerous men they met. The law sent them back to nothing.

Didn't know that, legitimately learned something today. Just goes to show, anytime you have government interfere in people's lives it ends up worse than before.