Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Home alone because wife’s out getting her hair done (takes 4 hours!). Why are you goons home posting on Friday night? I did stop at the pub for a responsible amount of refreshments, but now I’m home. I still have beer available but I’m thinking I should sober up from those 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

My son’s at his first quinceanera and he has not a clue what’s going on because, despite being half Dominican, he’s gringo as gently caress. So like any good dad I’m waiting to pick him up and hear his awkward adolescent tale of woe.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Burt Sexual posted:

Home alone because wife’s out getting her hair done (takes 4 hours!). Why are you goons home posting on Friday night? I did stop at the pub for a responsible amount of refreshments, but now I’m home. I still have beer available but I’m thinking I should sober up from those 3.

"getting her hair done"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Trash Ops posted:

"getting her hair done"

gently caress

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Posting from work 'cuz I've got a 12-hour overnight tonight. Not much to do except run files and hope the pressmen don't need anything. Two hours down, ten to go.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Had a long rear end week at work after we get the kids down I’m going to get a cheap bottle of wine and the wife and I are going to watch the episodes of rupaul drag race UK we haven’t had time to watch yet

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I'm out spending my hard earned American money getting drunk and ordering Chick Fil A.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm chattin

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I'm screaming underwater.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I'm working and also milling over taking a buyout/layoff cuz corporations are garbage and our shop is getting a 30% reduction in staffing

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm hanging out at home, drinking a hard seltzer, and posting on this dumb forum after a long work week.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 23, 2019

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm home on a Friday night cuz that's where I want to be. Me and my wife made some pasta, got drunk, and now I'm giving her single words and telling her to play a song she associates with that word and see if it's the one I'm thinking of. A lot of the music is industrial which seems to be pissing off our cat who is also high as poo poo on catnip and he's getting violent. If I don't post anymore after this he may have gone too far.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Got wwe smackdown on my tv because thats how far I've sunk, browsing forums, considering trading my camaro for a challenger (i know the camaro owns it performance wise in most trims but i need a car that a fat man can get in and out of)

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Eating spam straight from the can, trying to stay warm, and hoping to get enough sleep before 3:30 when I have to get up for work.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUHDDj7fhk

What a great interview.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Posting from work 'cuz I've got a 12-hour overnight tonight. Not much to do except run files and hope the pressmen don't need anything. Two hours down, ten to go.

Wtf man

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Skypie posted:

I'm working and also milling over taking a buyout/layoff cuz corporations are garbage and our shop is getting a 30% reduction in staffing

My company was just bought and they reduced severance from one week per year of service, to one day per year, and they explain their new employee retention and recruitment goals in the same breath. Corps suck. Gonna crack a beer.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My boyfriend is flying home from Tennessee late tonight and he’s probably hoping I’ll make food but in reality we’re gonna end up at a diner

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

My company was just bought and they reduced severance from one week per year of service, to one day per year, and they explain their new employee retention and recruitment goals in the same breath. Corps suck. Gonna crack a beer.

Our company dropped their 401k profit sharing by 200 percent (!!) as of 2020, because some folks (customers, board) thought it was too generous, never-mind it's always been to compensate for lower-mid level salaries.

Now, we're getting emails every day about the latest person(s) that have resigned. So much talent is walking away.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
smoking weed and playing call of duty: modern warfare

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

I work at a print/packaging company. We run 24/7. My job is to process and prep files for production, and also get the pressmen anything they need (like if they scratch or otherwise ruin a printing plate, I've gotta make 'em a new one, that sort of thing). It's not a bad gig really, provided you can stay awake for it.

I drink a poo poo-ton of coffee.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

I still have beer available but I’m thinking I should sober up from those 3.

That's not how Fri nights work, get to it you wuss!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah, if it gets to me and I take it, I'll get one week per year so 4 weeks. They're gonna pay that out in January along with an additional $2000 that's supposed to be for COBRA or otherwise supplementing health insurance, but you can do whatever with it. My last day would be December 5, but they'll pay me til January 3 then give me the severance. It also has 1 month of outplacement support.

Which, I dunno. We were an 8 man shop, been running at 6 for a year, and now they're cutting to 4 (probably, they haven't confirmed this but it's the working assumption). Then they're gonna put a lot of work in the building which is cool and good, but not if it's a stressful environment.

I think the only way I'd stay is if I could be on a day shift, but the nagging thought for me is this: they will absolutely, 100% come for wages next. I already took a pay cut to come in here so any adjustment of wages downward isn't worth it

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I work at a print/packaging company. We run 24/7. My job is to process and prep files for production, and also get the pressmen anything they need (like if they scratch or otherwise ruin a printing plate, I've gotta make 'em a new one, that sort of thing). It's not a bad gig really, provided you can stay awake for it.

I drink a poo poo-ton of coffee.

What up, print business buddy. I work at a newspaper facility

Skypie fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 23, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Having some beers and some Metal Gear Solid V, sadly I have overestimated the beer-to-playing-skills ratio to get through the long-rear end intro to the game :downsgun:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Captain Hygiene posted:

Having some beers and some Metal Gear Solid V, sadly I have overestimated the beer-to-playing-skills ratio to get through the long-rear end intro to the game :downsgun:

Nice cool night

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Thread what beer do u think he's drinking

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

That's a good question for me, I'm so engrossed in avoiding Fire Guy I can't even remember

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Skypie posted:

What up, print business buddy. I work at a newspaper facility

:hfive:

Sorry to hear about your job struggles. I came to this plant a few months ago because my old company got absorbed into another one and the new place didn't have slots for everyone, so I feel your pain. Good luck to ya.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's a good question for me, I'm so engrossed in avoiding Fire Guy I can't even remember

Do u think that guessing the beer is the key to winning the game Metal Gear Solid 5

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

:allears:

zaepg fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 23, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Do u think that guessing the beer is the key to winning the game Metal Gear Solid 5

Yes, in fact "Medal winner Beer...?!" is a catchphrase of the character I'm playing and will help me win

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 23, 2019

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Went to jiu jitsu tonight and now my joints are screaming bloody murder. Time for chinese food, a beer, then some Horizon Zero Dawn because I am perpetually 2 years behind on all video games.

Edit: I'll finish MGS5 too someday!

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Where I live in Rhode Island a pack of local Naragansett Beers cost seven bucks. Could get Blue Ribbon or Bud for the same amount, but Gansett has a more interesting texture, I find.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
My boss has been having trouble with feral pigs(possibly 30 to 50 for reals), and they've been tearing up his lawn and garden. He and his wife use the property as an event location for weddings and stuff, so it was literally an award winning place until the baconators got a hold of it.

So, I created an arduino-based motion detector alarm system to ward them off of the last remaining good parts of their yard. It detects motion and sets off a really loud(and painful) alarm to scare them off. So far, it's been working well but tonight is the big test to see if the hogs will be scared off.

Enter, the HOG HORN!

It's janky as hell, and built inside of a disposable plastic container but it's my baby and I love it.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

As long as it's not an IPA, he's made the correct choice.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

zaepg posted:

Where I live in Rhode Island a pack of local Naragansett Beers cost seven bucks. Could get Blue Ribbon or Bud for the same amount, but Gansett has a more interesting texture, I find.

Ah yeah I see for sure

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tony Snark posted:

As long as it's not an IPA, he's made the correct choice.

I prefer YouPAs anyway

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'mma get drunk and watch TV with my wife

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Hey, whaddya call a case of IPAs?

A WE PA!

YEah!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU