Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is there any sex in the article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

Is there any sex in the article

well yeah he targets spawning bass

tminz
Jul 1, 2004
This article was fantastic. Do they still show fishing and hunting on ESPN Sunday mornings? IM READY TO WATCH SOME PRO BASS FISHING

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Imagine if he actually killed someone in the bass deception
Maybe he did, there’s a weirdly high number of people in this story who passed in ’14 or whatever.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Jokes on him p much all fish have parasites and worms in them even if you can’t see mmmmmm

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Grifter posted:

Maybe he did, there’s a weirdly high number of people in this story who passed in ’14 or whatever.

Old people loving love to fish

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Fly Fishers would've spotted this guy's deception easily.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

This article owned, thanks for sharing.

There have been a lot of mtg cheats but Trevor Humphries has been the funniest due to the hilarious fb meltdown he had after getting banned.

https://youtu.be/v0zYMAhp570

There are a lot more if some MTG nerds would like to have a go at writing about them.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Pretty amazing story. Up until the end I was still thinking it was impressive he caught all the big fish to cheat with. But NOPE!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pawn 17 posted:

Pretty amazing story. Up until the end I was still thinking it was impressive he caught all the big fish to cheat with. But NOPE!

Legit loll'd at mike goign "WHOOAAA HELP I CAUGHT A BIIIIIIIG ONE" while the fishing partner is just watching him flop around a dead fish.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The world of Big Bass Fishing is weirdly keen on polygraph tests. Sounds like Mike can get back in the game if he beats a polygraph or three. He needs to just sit down, take a deep breath, and practice saying "Yes, I caught all those fish and never tried to murder anyone by unscrewing their tires", calm as he can.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Do it ironically posted:

Jokes on him p much all fish have parasites and worms in them even if you can’t see mmmmmm

Touching a fish will not give you fish parasites.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Big Beef City posted:

What about if you gently caress one? Asking for a friend.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
When are they gonna make a movie about this guy? Who could play this sneaky redneck? Probably Walton Goggins.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

artsy fartsy posted:

When are they gonna make a movie about this guy? Who could play this sneaky redneck? Probably Walton Goggins.
Haha perfect, give us Timothy Olyphant as the guy set out to prove it. The justified season 7 no one asked for.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm not a cop. I'm a professional bass fisherman from San Diego.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hey guys i just caught a massive record-breaking fish, it's right here in my lap looking at me. where do i go to get my check?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
People getting real sick of my poo poo when I show up to the judges table with a bigmouth billy bass for the 100th time

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oldstench posted:

What about if you gently caress one? Asking for a friend.

Always use protection, friend.

e: also loving LO loving L to the dude crying about "harvesting mating animals". The entirety of hunting and ALL of fishing is regulated specifically around animal mating/spawning patterns its like...it's...it's the entire point and aspect of doing the loving thing and is regulated by season. And the animals are regulated for their season properly. It's why we have a little thing called "THE DNR". Like...that's HOW it's done....I...imagine being that loving dumb.

I've never hunted because I don't want to shoot game, and I gave up fishing because now, in my dotage, even hurting or killing fish bothers me. But good lord in heaven imagine not understanding this process.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 25, 2019

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Christ, what a basshole.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

this article is crazy

i dont have any tales of sports cheats but this is a pretty interesting story about a local gun expert who committed massive fraud on the State of Connecticut and gun collectors

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-xpm-2006-03-26-0603260031-story.html

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
His parents should have named him Richard so he could introduce himself as, "Long....Dick Long"

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

artsy fartsy posted:

fuuuuuck a Jody Hill-directed Walton Goggins-starring Mike Long film is now the thing I want most

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Amarcarts posted:

His parents should have named him Richard so he could introduce himself as, "Long....Dick Long"

Theres a dude in the story named Buck Buckhanan, lol

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

raylan givens voice: we snagged bass together

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Big Beef City posted:

Always use protection, friend.

e: also loving LO loving L to the dude crying about "harvesting mating animals". The entirety of hunting and ALL of fishing is regulated specifically around animal mating/spawning patterns its like...it's...it's the entire point and aspect of doing the loving thing and is regulated by season. And the animals are regulated for their season properly. It's why we have a little thing called "THE DNR". Like...that's HOW it's done....I...imagine being that loving dumb.

I've never hunted because I don't want to shoot game, and I gave up fishing because now, in my dotage, even hurting or killing fish bothers me. But good lord in heaven imagine not understanding this process.
He wasn't mad about killing during mating season. He was mad about killing animals trying to protect their young.

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Specifically targeting animals trying to defend their eggs/young is insanely scummy. Give this guy the chair imo.
That's usually totally correct. The point of hunting season is you can't hunt when deer are pregnant or nursing. You have to throw back crabs and lobsters that have eggs. I don't know much about fishing but it definitely seems like the outlier that it's cool to hunt something stuck on its nest. I guess because the whole thing is only like a month?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Big Beef City posted:

My friend got fish parasites from a toilet seat

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

my dog died im sad posted:

Fly Fishers would've spotted this guy's deception easily.

I am a non-fisherman. What does this mean? Fly fishers are smarter? Is there some kind of fly vs bait rivalry?

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

ArmZ posted:

I am a non-fisherman. What does this mean? Fly fishers are smarter? Is there some kind of fly vs bait rivalry?

Fly fishing requires more casting delicacy, extensive knowledge of how to match the hatch, and just in general it's about technique. You have to play the fish with a fly rod. Tournament bass guys almost always use braid, which is almost impossible to snap so they can basically rip them out of the water as fast as possible. Most fly guys do tend to feel Superior to guys who use bait or gear in my experience. I personally don't, I'm not stuck on one particular discipline, there are tons of ways to fish. That said, there's no way this guy could've pulled this off with a fly rod, it just couldn't be done, it would take so much time to get fish of that size in that he couldn't fool his partner. Also wouldn't be able to snag with a fly rod

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
one time a guy was fly fishing in a river and my gf and I went down and started swimming just upstream from him and he looked real annoyed and left, that's my fly fishing story

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
better 'n that he hooked ya and said 'boy howdy i feel like big bass guru Mike Long, having just hooked me a record-setting fish!'

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
mods please change my name to Big Bass Polygraph

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

ArmZ posted:

They are pretty fly for a fisherguy

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
has a fly fisherman ever caught a flying fish?

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

one time a guy was fly fishing in a river and my gf and I went down and started swimming just upstream from him and he looked real annoyed and left, that's my fly fishing story

I've seen this happen a few times lol. You ruined the guy's hole. Which I think is funny on a couple levels at least. Most fly fishermen take it way too seriously

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The Walrus posted:

drat didn't know we had trout post here. Good on ya.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Do it ironically posted:

My friend got fish parasites from a toilet seat

Tell her to stop calling me that, I said was sorry.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

From this article I learned that Bass that grow up in cloudy water look different from Bass that grow up in clear water and fisherman can spot the difference right away and this guy had the balls to bring in a clear-water Bass and pretend to catch it in a cloudy lake just to claim a record and no matter how many guys called bullshit on it he got away with it.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
seems dumb that catching a fish by jabbing it with the hook doesn't count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

violent sex idiot posted:

seems dumb that catching a fish by jabbing it with the hook doesn't count

It's a sport because you have to convince the fish, which is mostly focused on sitting on eggs and not doing a goddamn thing otherwise, that it should stop sitting on eggs and instead eat this delicious lure that is definitely not plastic. If they were spearing the bass they'd just be scooting their boats up to the fish and stabbing them in the head, which wouldn't take much skill (if any) and definitely wouldn't be interesting to watch. Actual spearfishing involves either stabbing fish that are busy swimming through rivers (which is actually engaging because they're moving around and generally trying to avoid being stabbed) or scuba-diving around with a speargun and shooting fish that are only slightly smaller than an adult human male (which can be pretty goddamn terrifying).