Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I saw when the cocktail waitress opened the sixth bottle, and there was a great beach theme night; and the sun became black as Goon Lust, and the whole moon became as blush.

Alkydere posted:

Russian BT-5 or BT-7 tank. Those things were kinda notorious for actually having way too much zoom for a tank and being hard to drive. Seriously, imagine a trying to handle a 14 tonne vehicle with enough zoomies under the hood to get over 80 KPH on a decent road (and 50 KPH offroad).

Fun as gently caress in War Thunder, especially in Arcade Mode where it gets more zoomies.

So 1 mpg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

Spinz posted:

So 1 mpg?

160 miles road range for 160 gallons, so yeah 1 mpg, or about 0.45 offroad at a whole 75 miles range.

AmbassadorofSodomy
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Ror posted:

I was googling stuff about the cave and came across this Mormon family website that documents all of their outdoor adventures.

https://dyeclan.com/outdooractivities/caving/?id=68

They have a whole happy page about the cave complete with pictures of the whole family crammed into it. Apparently it was "the most popular Boy Scout cave in Utah." They went twice just months before it closed.

Five stars.
Imagine if one of those people farted right after that picture was taken.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Taco Defender

zedprime posted:

There's a hundred safe ways to handle broken pallets depending what you have on them and these guys choose round house kicks.

pretty good thread title if you ask me

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

kiss kiss

Pillbug

Pretty footage of a backdraft in a house fire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnUA04wyHg4

Ror posted:

I was googling stuff about the cave and came across this Mormon family website that documents all of their outdoor adventures.

https://dyeclan.com/outdooractivities/caving/?id=68

They have a whole happy page about the cave complete with pictures of the whole family crammed into it. Apparently it was "the most popular Boy Scout cave in Utah." They went twice just months before it closed.

Five stars.

I'd be seriously worried about oxygen content in a confined space like that below ground, even before you cram it full of people

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

Level: 3

aphid_licker posted:

Pretty footage of a backdraft in a house fire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnUA04wyHg4

I'd be seriously worried about oxygen content in a confined space like that below ground, even before you cram it full of people

just give yourself 6 hours and make sure you bring a map itll be fine! It's Utah's MOST popular cave! what could go wrong!?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bring one of those machines they use to remove the overburden on coal seams. Enjoy sunlight and fresh air while you spelunk.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Bring one of those machines they use to remove the overburden on coal seams. Enjoy sunlight and fresh air while you spelunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Alkydere posted:

Russian BT-5 or BT-7 tank. Those things were kinda notorious for actually having way too much zoom for a tank and being hard to drive. Seriously, imagine a trying to handle a 14 tonne vehicle with enough zoomies under the hood to get over 80 KPH on a decent road (and 50 KPH offroad).

Fun as gently caress in War Thunder, especially in Arcade Mode where it gets more zoomies.

Pretty sure the BT-7 killed its creator

E: can't find anything to substantiate that. Might have been a legend or a crossed neuron

EvenWorseOpinions fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 16, 2021

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

OSHA content was just generated by the forums being down: I was almost forced to engage with my actual workplace and job. That's where the OSHA danger lives!

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Think something witty and pretend it's written here.

Wrr posted:

OSHA content was just generated by the forums being down: I was almost forced to engage with my actual workplace and job. That's where the OSHA danger lives!

I got three different messages over the four hours, one saying that the maintenance break in 4th of April should end soon. One was "unavailable", other one was "Go away" and the final one said that "we are doing some quick maintenance".

So you have the breaker locks or you don't, hotswapping live poo poo and making changes on the "production" version is OSHA as poo poo, as far as software engineering discipline is considered.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

You're the guy that wants to watch the handyman do your wiring aren't you? Go away, it'll be all fixed in an hour you don't need to see how it's done

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

You're the guy that wants to watch the handyman do your wiring aren't you? Go away, it'll be all fixed in an hour you don't need to see how it's done

I'm the guy who wants to see "Under maintenance go away" from the minute it starts to the moment it ends.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

Clapping Larry

they were trying to fix problems with archives (which had some changes needed to main forums) and in traditional SA fashion, something went terribly wrong. Jeffrey said there will be a post-mortem post about it.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

`Nemesis posted:

they were trying to fix problems with archives (which had some changes needed to main forums) and in traditional SA fashion, something went terribly wrong. Jeffrey said there will be a post-mortem post about it.

Yes, and while I know that I am being a pedantic rear end in a top hat about this, their redirects and "Go aways" did not work or gave wrong ideas so that was done improperly from the viewpoint of software engineering OSHA.

So loving probate me on this if I am incorrect.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

oh ar

I wouldn't think software engineering has OSHA, there's just professional standards.

Unless you're programming the Therac-25.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

packetmantis posted:

I wouldn't think software engineering has OSHA, there's just professional standards.

Unless you're programming the Therac-25.

The problem with software development is that everyone ought to be developing as if they were programming the Therac-25 but always end up developing as if they did program the Therac-25.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The problem with doing business in reality is that you need to find the happy medium between spuriously lax and spuriously careful. Medical devices programmed like web forums will kill people. Web forums programmed like medical device software doesn't really help anyone to any appreciable degree. Not especially a two way street.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

They should just delete the archives.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Just set up one of those drink wate desk birds to always hit "Y"

Osha appoved no human contact no human dangers!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qrn5w2Lm181r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qritjuELdz1vy4sqt.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001

The four most over-rated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex and picnics. Oh, and that stupid children's book 'The Little Prince,' ugh.

Yams Fan

Weembles posted:

The problem with software development is that everyone ought to be developing as if they were programming the Therac-25 but always end up developing as if they did program the Therac-25.

Stealing this.