Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

If you like steam leaks go look up high pressure hydraulic hose pin hole leaks on heavy machinery and what happens when a thin stream of hydraulic fluid is injected into human flesh. The issue isn't that you're burned , but that a necrotizing poison is embedded in the muscle.

I thought the issue was that you had liquid thst your body is unable to disperse, sitting there blocking blood-flow.

Well, that and all the skin bacteria that juat got a ride deep inside your tissues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

If you like steam leaks go look up high pressure hydraulic hose pin hole leaks on heavy machinery and what happens when a thin stream of hydraulic fluid is injected into human flesh. The issue isn't that you're burned , but that a necrotizing poison is embedded in the muscle.

I remember reading about a guy who gave himself an autoimmune type illness by using a pressure washer in shorts and lacerating the skin on his legs.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Another great way to misuse a jack for fun and profit!

https://i.imgur.com/yuwPbRd.mp4

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
Someone needs to synch that with the opening of Bangarang

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The landing...the sound it makes...I'm hoping it didn't hurt too badly.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qsn979XTdK1w5pr9j.mp4

Edit: I thought he was on the roof to do some work, but it looks like he just jumped off, so I guess this may not be entirely OSHA-per se. Still, this video needs to be shown to people who don't understand how many ways you could hurt yourself from a height such as this.

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 6, 2021

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
You're supposed to bend your knees so they take the impact elastically. That person locked their knees and that's not a good thing for any of their joints - ankles, knees, hips all were at risk.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Nenonen posted:

You're supposed to bend your knees so they take the impact elastically. That person locked their knees and that's not a good thing for any of their joints - ankles, knees, hips all were at risk.

His knees exploded, he likely fractured them both but at minimum blew out his ACL/PCL's as you can see in one frame his tibias anteriorly dislocate.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Vlaphor posted:

The sound and way he looked made me physically ill, jesus christ.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

that was the first OSHA video to make me cringe and audibly gasp in a while; I've fractured my hip, broken my tibia and hosed up my knees all on separate occasions, I cannot imagine doing it all at once.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

MF_James posted:

that was the first OSHA video to make me cringe and audibly gasp in a while; I've fractured my hip, broken my tibia and hosed up my knees all on separate occasions, I cannot imagine doing it all at once.

worked with a patient who compound fractured both of his tibias on one of those lake blob things, instead of laying on it this person crouched down, which shattered both their legs through the skin, then landed them in the lake filling their medullary cavities with lake water causing a massive infection.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LifeSunDeath posted:

worked with a patient who compound fractured both of his tibias on one of those lake blob things, instead of laying on it this person crouched down, which shattered both their legs through the skin, then landed them in the lake filling their medullary cavities with lake water causing a massive infection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K7fCQlUhj0

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

LifeSunDeath posted:

oh god that is a nightmare and is making my legs hurt.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

This work drug is a free place

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

Great, one more thing I’m going to have to remember to never use.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Kibayasu posted:

Great, one more thing I’m going to have to remember to never use.

I mean, just don't use it wrong. Lay down on it like you're supposed to and you're only getting launched out of control a few stories in the air to then come back down and smack the water somewhere near-ish.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Vlaphor posted:

Why in god's name do people do this to themselves

There will never be a day in that guy's life he doesn't feel the consequences of that

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Free drugs at work? In this economy?!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qsp305Pivw1r0uzl6.mp4

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Jesus, this pisses me off so much :(

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Marcade posted:

You've never seen a home school bus before?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/as_a_poster/status/1390119614210785281

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

You have to see this in motion.

https://twitter.com/BrodyLogan/status/1390271590093447169

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

http://ohiochannel.org/video/ohio-controlling-board-5-3-2021

The real magic happens at 3:30, flawless editing.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
“Ha, those dumb lie-berals will have no idea I’m driving back from dropping my mistress off at Planned Parenthood. Time to insist on an anti-abortion rider for their nanny-state bullshit.”

<turns on Zoom background>
<buckles seat belt>

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Maybe she wanted to get the full motorcycling experience without knowing how to ride one.

looks like she did

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

nomad2020 posted:

http://ohiochannel.org/video/ohio-controlling-board-5-3-2021

The real magic happens at 3:30, flawless editing.

Performance artists should throw in the towel.

There’s no way they can follow this act.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Memento posted:

Maybe she wanted to get the full motorcycling experience without knowing how to ride one.

looks like she did

Including being in an accident cause by a car/truck driver.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's the funniest high side I've seen in a long time. Front suspension doesn't look collapsed either when it's strapped. But who reads their owners manual for transportation tips and tricks?

That is the laziest strap job and she deserves her injuries.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's the funniest high side I've seen in a long time. Front suspension doesn't look collapsed either when it's strapped. But who reads their owners manual for transportation tips and tricks?

That is the laziest strap job and she deserves her injuries.

But the good ol' boy said, after strapping it down, "That ain't goin' nowhere" so clearly it wasn't his fault.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I doubt she had any hand in putting the motorcycle in the truck bed and they probably convinced her to do it for the tiktok views. It's not her fault

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Sagebrush posted:

I doubt she had any hand in putting the motorcycle in the truck bed and they probably convinced her to do it for the tiktok views. It's not her fault

Looks like a landscape trailer with a tonneau cover in the foreground. Which is good if you're going to get run over going around a corner.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

https://twitter.com/engineeringvidz/status/1390347167986946049

I'm actually gonna err on "Okay that's a neat trick"...if only they had more actual coverage or if it was actually affixed to their head. The casing should do pretty well stopping the IR and UV light that damage your eyeballs.

So A+ for ingenuity
And a D for actual execution.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's on a trailer, not a truck bed.

When you strap a bike down, it's supposed to be upright, not on its' kickstand. You throw all your weight on the front suspension while whoever #2 is throws straps around it to hold the shocks in a collapsed position. Two straps, from around the triple tree, one to each front corner of the trailer, alternating tightening straps. You can add more straps to the back, but if you do it well enough on the front, you don't need them on the back.

That harley is on the kickstand, wheel is cocked, no real tension on those straps. She put her faith in the idiot towing it and paid the price. Bet it had less than 1000 miles on it too.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I wouldn't be surprised if it damaged the camera sensor. Better that than your eyes, but I'd suggest using a phone that no longer gets updates.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Alkydere posted:

https://twitter.com/engineeringvidz/status/1390347167986946049

I'm actually gonna err on "Okay that's a neat trick"...if only they had more actual coverage or if it was actually affixed to their head. The casing should do pretty well stopping the IR and UV light that damage your eyeballs.

So A+ for ingenuity
And a D for actual execution.

It's a diy implementation of tech that actually exists for welders at least.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Computer viking posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it damaged the camera sensor. Better that than your eyes, but I'd suggest using a phone that no longer gets updates.

Nah, should be fine. IR and UV won't damage a sensor.

Damage from pointing a camera sensor at something like the sun is purely from the focused heat of a light ray.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nah, should be fine. IR and UV won't damage a sensor.

Damage from pointing a camera sensor at something like the sun is purely from the focused heat of a light ray.

Considering an arc weld gets hotter than the surface of the sun in one small spot...not to mention brighter I'm pretty sure the camera isn't long for this world if used like that more than once or twice.

As said, way better than using your unshielded eyes.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Alkydere posted:

Considering an arc weld gets hotter than the surface of the sun in one small spot...not to mention brighter I'm pretty sure the camera isn't long for this world if used like that more than once or twice.

No, it's fine. The temp of the arc itself doesn't matter, it's the projected light that matters. The light on a welder of any type is not coherent enough to focus with a lens, which would then cause intense heat build up in one spot. It would be like trying to focus firelight through a lens to burn something. Not happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I had thought you could burn out a sensor, but I just checked a photography site and they said:

quote:

It is very unlikely that the light from a welding torch will physically damage your camcorder in the same way pointing your camera at the sun would. Welding equipment does throw off an awful lot of light, with some of the most damaging light produced in the IR and UV spectrum, which is invisible to humans. Your camcorder can “see” this light, however, and it may affect the exposure in unpredictable ways.

tl:dr it'll gently caress up your exposure, but not your camera.