Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

That's you cross posting a 45 minute video with no context into multiple threads. Forty-Five loving minutes. Put a loving description on it, not everyone has the time you do (we're busy with our own shitposting).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
785 is a good OSHA page.

Stab-lols, cringe wrap, vintage walks. Only missing a good Fuckling.

:golfclap:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/confinedinhell/status/1379890071772401666

Not exactly osha but definitely workplace safety related

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Boss fired me for not going into this tent. Is it safe Engineers of Reddit?

quote:

Hello fellow Engineers of reddit. I was recently fired from my job for not wanting to go into this "shed" we have at work which contains bags of product inside. Last December they neglected to clean to snow off the top of the shed and it ended up caving in and their solution was to stack up pallets of items to hold it up. As someone who is also going for an engineering degree I felt this structure was unsafe and didn't want to go in and risk it falling on me. Id appreciate any input on whether or not I overracted.

Thank You!

Here is the link to the Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/nzfQ4BJ

Edit: This isn't an engineering job its something that I did on the side while going to school. Don't want some sort of accident to happen at some meaningless job.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
A) Yes, it's unsafe but, B) it's just a tent.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://imgur.com/gallery/9QUFhmg

Seems germane to the thread but I’m not gonna be the one to spam particular images from it here, just go have a look.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

Serephina posted:

That's you cross posting a 45 minute video with no context into multiple threads. Forty-Five loving minutes. Put a loving description on it, not everyone has the time you do (we're busy with our own shitposting).

It's a very good video if you can deal with the dry British presentation. Basically it's about the worst fleet deployment ever and includes:

- sailors who have never seen the sea
- warships being terrified of fishing vessels
- warships unable to hit anything and causing multiple international incidents with allies
- too many lizards on warships
- too many stds on warships
- too much opium on warships
- too much insanity on warships (including a half naked sailor going around demanding to know if his crew mates feared death)
- boxes of binoculars required because the admiral keeps throwing them overboard in despair and rage at his own fleet
- lots more bullshit

They also managed to shoot one of their own ships whilst firing a salute to a dead sailor

Edit: but yeah definitely add at least some description because its a real good video but no one is going to watch it without any context

Fake Name fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 9, 2021

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

The Lone Badger posted:

In Australia it's OH&S (Occupation Health & Safety).

Ah cool, yeah this is the one I'm used to, being Australian. Thanks guys!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I don’t fully understand what’s happening here, are the machines making that plastic wrapping? Or is it a covering for new machines that they’re removing?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TACD posted:

I don’t fully understand what’s happening here, are the machines making that plastic wrapping? Or is it a covering for new machines that they’re removing?

I don’t think the employees fully understand what’s happening either.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TACD posted:

I think it's like scrap plastic wrapping that's being spooled onto big rolls for taking away to be reprocessed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Dude almost got pulled into the mandrel. I've seen videos where that's happened and it is really really bad, like people turn to high speed soup.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Got an update on last night: my neighbours left a spiral wire based space heater next to the sofa:supaburn:
I really wish they'd ban those devices, they are nearly as dangerous as a naked flame.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LifeSunDeath posted:

Dude almost got pulled into the mandrel. I've seen videos where that's happened and it is really really bad, like people turn to high speed soup.

Yeah it's not loving good, whatever's going on

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Serephina posted:

Yeah, sorry. I added one. I was barely awake when I posted that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

gently caress, why didn't they think of that in the first place?!? Just fix the issue!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

And they pass the savings unto you!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

Pretty cool there's no safety switch either or atleast one the workers know about

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Looks like La Soufrière just cooked off.

https://twitter.com/VincieRichie/status/1380502537363668992

They've already evacuated the danger areas based on some seismic activity earlier today. Good call, folks.

The plume is already 8km (~26k feet) in the air, ashfall expected momentarily.

Memento fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 9, 2021

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

The Lone Badger posted:

In Australia it's OH&S (Occupation Health & Safety).

Isn't it WH&S now? (workplace rather than occupational)
I don't know why they changed it, W is the worst letter for acronyms

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

TACD posted:

It looks like they are setting up the machine for a new roll and throwing the first poo poo quality plastic to the side, but it gets sucked back on the roll and they'll have to shut it down and cut the poo poo off from the roll cylinder.

Roll change should be automated is the OSHA here.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

STANCENATION.COM

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is that hella flush?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/3OjqIw2.mp4

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I was waiting for a piece to fly off and hit him in the face... I guess "the whole dang thing" counts as one piece...

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

When it comes to lathe failures, this was the best possible outcome.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Of all machines, lathes hunger for human flesh the most.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Memento posted:

Looks like La Soufrière just cooked off.

https://twitter.com/VincieRichie/status/1380502537363668992

They've already evacuated the danger areas based on some seismic activity earlier today. Good call, folks.

The plume is already 8km (~26k feet) in the air, ashfall expected momentarily.

Better hope Pelèe on Martinique doesn't decide to go up like it did in 1902, too.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Dysgenesis posted:

You approach it with a sharp weapon, it has the right to defend itself.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ignimbrite posted:

Better hope Pelèe on Martinique doesn't decide to go up like it did in 1902, too.

Or if it does, hope you're in the right jail cell??

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A9on_Comp%C3%A8re-L%C3%A9andre

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Fake Name posted:

- too much insanity on warships (including a half naked sailor going around demanding to know if his crew mates feared death)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Kdn4FEr-0

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rescuers found him and sent him to the town of Fort-de-France, where he was labeled as a madman. Shortly thereafter, he was deputized by the police, given a gun and sent to protect the ruins from looters. After a week of duty, he left the city on May 20th, 1902, and started back towards Fort-de-France. He barely escaped a second death cloud. He eventually settled in the village of Morne Rouge, only to have another cloud pour through on August 30th, 1902. He was again one of the few who survived. He lived on the island until his death in 1936 from a fall.[2]

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Dysgenesis posted:

Nah. You're thinking helicopters.

They might be restricted to the wealthy, the military, and morning traffic bozos, but they'd kill everyone given the chance.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Splode posted:

Isn't it WH&S now? (workplace rather than occupational)
I don't know why they changed it, W is the worst letter for acronyms

It is wh&s these days and has been since 2012. The reason for the change was a change in legislation because the previous one didn’t extend any rights to people like contractors working on a site or people who may be visiting a business that got injured due to the jankiness of the business owners operations. Basically the new legislation covers anyone who enters a business or people doing cash in hand stuff cause while they aren’t technically employees they’re entitled to the same rights.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So I'm guessing SECURITY over there didn't attach the log at multiple points the way you ought to?
it wasn't secure :colbert:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Nah. You're thinking helicopters.

They might be restricted to the wealthy, the military, and morning traffic bozos, but they'd kill everyone given the chance.

A helicopter is a lathe that cuts air and human flesh.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Dragging the slider to watch each frame of this is REALLY fun

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/rThGOq4.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://i.imgur.com/DuVZyT9.mp4