Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
And that is how bacon is made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
If your tomb just happened to have a Sphere of Annihilation near the mouth, a bulldozer could get a shitload of work done.

Just don't tell OSHA, the safety regs on SoA's are just the worst

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

brugroffil posted:

really struggling to understand the thought process here

student/medical debt

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wikipedia posted:

This confused the pilots for nine seconds,

I love technical breakdowns like this :allears:

Cojawfee posted:

They didn't notice that the plane banked 45 degrees while letting the kids gently caress around with the flight controls?

As the plane changes its bank and begins to descend, the added g-forces from the bank are countered by the loss from altitude more-or-less right up until they leap from "something is a little wrong maybe" to ":supaburn:" in a second or two

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

DandyLion posted:

Pee is stored on the walls

OSHA: explosive laughter

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
At a certain point the weight of the rope would pull in more rope, thus giving the illusion of a bottomless pit, no?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Humphreys posted:

Boomer Remover

Boomer Doomer :mad:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dogmeat posted:

It's fantastic. I think this is as close as we'll get to seeing a real dinosaur fight.

Honestly this is probably cooler.

It is at least powered by real dinosaurs!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Moo the cow posted:

This is kinda sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ldpyIE5t4

Guy has a hive of overly-aggressive bees, decides to go Ripley on the queen, then makes the decision to euthanise the whole hive.

An interesting watch to see attacking bees in action. Thanks to HD cameras, you can see just how scary it is.

I am viscerally terrified of bees -- intellectually I know they are chill and will leave you alone, but if I see one flying around I go straight to panic.

I watched this whole video attempting a sort of safe exposure therapy. Welp that didn't work, now I itch all over and am shaking with adrenaline. At least now I'm awake!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Can't wait to see that guy get within 2 feet of a lathe

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I believe that's called "docking"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Memento posted:

Stop safely and lock the doors of my enormous truck :shrug:

If someone is in the process of breaking a window, I'm not about to count on a window to stop them regardless of the size of the truck I'm in

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Take a note from nature, have a helicopter seed pod type deal so you can spiral gently to the ground

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Bungee cords tuned to reduce your speed to zero at the exact moment you reach the ground. Just make sure you re-tune your cord every time you go on shift and/or eat lunch!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IncredibleBarrenDairycow-mobile.mp4

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

It sucks that they have an old law that says anyone on a bridge when a crime is committed is guilty of the crime, but it is what it is.

I'm imagining the fractal crimes a half-dozen folks could get into by being assholes on a bridge when everyone shares all crimes

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Platystemon posted:

If a shave and a haircut is two bits, what’s this worth?

one buck

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LifeSunDeath posted:

That's where all the GTX 3060/3070/3080's went! I hear Atlantis is all Cryptominers now.

no wonder our oceans are heating up

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

other people posted:

there should be a separate road system for anything larger than a sedan.

Trains

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dr.Smasher posted:

How OSHA would Hell be? Do you think there are railings around the giant inferno pits?

I imagine to demons "pits of fire" are as laughably dangerous as "pockets of vacuum"

The whole place is fire, you clown

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Shaka's gonna be pissed

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My pet theory as to why radiation is culturally shown as green:

Now, most 'natural' radioactive things (uranium ore) are boring colors: black, grey metal, or clear (radon, I guess). So where did we get 'green'? Well, Cerenkov radiation is blue, so that's at least a color. That's made when radioactive decay occurs in a medium such as water (or the viewer's eyeballs, in the case of the Demon Core).

Now, what color is pee? What happens when you pee yellow on a weird warm rock?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Ever hear of uranium glass?

Mark my words, that glass is full of piss

QED

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The Lone Badger posted:

We had a truck carrying 50 tons go up in 2014. Took out two bridges. Again no fatalities, because when a truck of ammonium nitrate is going up you loving leg it.

Yea, people always start running from explosives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzdnUZReoLM

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Allegedly from a friend in discord, having bought a shelf from Amazon

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Keru posted:

I started looking it up and found out about Through-Canopy Ejection Seats, which feels like the most OSHA ejection seat possible.

"Through-Canopy Penetration is similar to Canopy Destruct, but a sharp spike on the top of the seat, known as the "shell tooth", strikes the underside of the canopy and shatters it."

So now I'm thinking "what if the part of the canopy that gets spiked has already been shot out, does the pilot just get crammed into the unbroken canopy?" It would be a one in a million shot, but this is the OSHA thread, those odds happen sometimes.

Then I'm thinking, enemy fire makes smallish holes in canopies, it doesn't shatter them, but the shell tooth does, presumably on that 'spark plug ceramic breaks car glass' magic trick. So now I'm thinking, would it make sense to have bullets tipped with that ceramic, with the idea that any hit that hits the canopy anywhere explodes the whole thing? I can't imagine it would reduce the effectiveness of the bullet hitting other parts of a plane much.

I've been playing too much War Thunder I guess, all fighter combat is missiles nowadays anyway

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lou Takki posted:

Oh poo poo two people were in that when it got shot and survived!

shoulda used ceramic bullets

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
All you have to do is when you mine out one mine, put all the crap in the previous mine. Then when that mine is empty, the prior one is full, and you can fill your current mine in with the future mine's crap. It's so simple, an idiot could think it up!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Uthor posted:

Stupidest kitchen injury, go!

I dropped a kitchen knife. As I was taught, I threw my hands away from it and hopped back, never catch a falling knife!
I hopped back into my dog and stumbled and fell over the dog into my coffee hutch, knocking the coffee maker onto my head. It was off and cold, but I still got all wet and bonked on the head :(

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

DelphiAegis posted:

Doesn't the fluorine love calcium, and basically ignore gloves/other PPE such that even a drop is enough to severely gently caress you up and possibly cause death due to your bones calcium being replaced by fluorine and breaking? Most acids are nightmare fuel, but fluorine was particularly loving awful.

Yea HF is more of a bone-hurting juice than an organ melter

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ruflux posted:

Breaking Bad deliberately got chemistry stuff wrong to prevent people from using the show as reference material. Or at least the writers claim they did, it's also entirely possible they didn't bother researching that stuff too deep since it literally doesn't matter and being too accurate might have legal implications.

e: I think. I might also actually be thinking about some other show with a similar premise, but I'm pretty sure it was Breaking Bad.

I'm reminded how in the game The Division, there's a faction of civilian terrorists who use a shitload of napalm as their go-to. In their HQ, there's graffiti saying "how to make napalm; step 1: grape soda concentrate,"

Which is extra hilarious since there were multiple radio chatters talking about getting polystyrene in quantity and dissolving it into gasoline.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kesper North posted:

*honk honk* "YOU'RE LOSING YOUR poo poo!"

don't doxx me

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Did I miss something, why is there a run on gas all of a sudden?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Platystemon posted:

There shouldn’t be an actual shortage, but there may well be one due to the panic buying itself.

Ah. I heard about the pipeline hack but I also heard that it was already resolved

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Harry_Potato posted:

https://twitter.com/elmirallnet/status/1396129321597743108

Dino constipation takes it's toll on an unsuspecting Spanish gentleman. He lost his phone and failed to find the Jim Carey "Ace Ventura" exit path. A terminal mistake unfortunately.

Outside of a dinosaur, a cell phone is a man's best friend
Inside of a dinosaur, there's no reception

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Gromit posted:

What the heck is the "right PPE" to save you when you sweep a 40k PSI waterjet over your leg? Powered mech armour?

a prosthetic leg

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Scholtz posted:

What's a good goofy idea for an OSHA.jpg mousepad?

one of those mousepads with the two rounded wrist rests, but with a dummy thicc forklift

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

haveblue posted:

Regulations are written by hands

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Now there's a guy who's desperate for some dumptruck rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
pink still means you can add another beam or two, when it hits hard red is when it falls down