Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEx8Wn_8r-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3D4FN5cdZk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Holy drat, what a shitshow.

Those chainsaw disc things are like the worst idea.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I don't know if it's getting worse, or if I'm just noticing it more, but it seems like every single video of Big Clive's I've watched over the past several months contains at least one segment of him bitching about health and safety regulations. It feels like it's getting worse, with less humorous jabs, and more "those stuffed shirts don't know anything, and are needlessly burdening the working man." A fair amount of the time, he makes sure to work in that these are "EU regulations."

He should be very much against Brexit, as it's really hurting Poundland.

E: As far as I can tell, he and his brother Ralfy just really don't like politicians and bureaucracy in general.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 30, 2019

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

The man puts methylated spirit in his mouth for money. He's a moron.

He's also a radicalising Brexit nutter, so escalation of aggression and idiocy is to be expected. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn that he has interesting opinions about brown people.

I think you're very mistaken, about a number of things.

He's very much pro Scottish independence, that's about what I've seen/heard.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 30, 2019

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Oddhair posted:

Yes, taint, armpits, etc sometimes escape though I wouldn't call it unscathed. I almost had to go to Shriner's when I was 10 due to taking apart C or D sized model rocket engines and burning the contents. Having the top surface of my hand and arm and the right side of my face debrided like at home or at my family physician was apparently miles better than dealing with the hardened pros at Shriners' where they will hold you and scrub and not mind your cries. I still can't imagine, thank goodness.

Back when she was a kid, my mom borrowed her grandma's bike that was way too big for her and took a dive (in shorts and a summer shirt) on a gravel road. Her one side was covered in a huge scrape with gravel pretty deeply embedded in it.

She limped home crying up a storm, and when she got home, her grandma — who was a nurse — took a look at it, grabbed a nail brush and said "will you, or shall I?"

When my mom protested at the very idea and wanted to go to the hospital, the simple reply was "at the hospital, they will just hold you down and do the same thing. So will you, or shall I?"

Don't crash your bikes on gravel roads, kids.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Dec 12, 2019

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Nenonen posted:

Kuznetsov has been at the dock for two years now after it returned from a tour in Syria. The previous accident was in October 2018 when Russia's only floating dry dock big enough to handle the ship sank and one of the cranes fell on Kuznetsov's deck. They are currently merging and enlarging two drydocks to finish the repairs by 2022.

:ussr:

"What's as big as a house, burns 20 liters of fuel every hour, puts out a poo poo load of smoke and noise, and cuts an apple in three pieces?"

"A Soviet machine made to cut apples into FOUR pieces!"

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

https://i.imgur.com/2Qm43wJ.mp4

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Hillary 2020 posted:

Plastic was a mistake.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dagen H posted:

If you have sex with a clone of yourself, is it masturbation, or incest?

Auto-erotic duplication

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Tug life :snoop:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SniperWoreConverse posted:

wood like that can be worth a shitload of money. A lot of times old growth wood that fell into the bottom of some water doesn't go bad and if you can pull it out those boards are literally irreplaceable quality. There's dudes who scuba up in northern waterways looking for old times logs that sunk instead of floating all the way down into the old era sawmill.

Bog-wood in particular is highly valued, especially bog oak. The centuries of curing/maturation in oxygen-poor and tannin-rich peat bogs changes the wood to be almost completely black and super duper hard. It's expensive, but extremely good for things like flooring, applications that see a lot of wear.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I've been watching a lot of British Pathé videos lately and most of the ones showing industrial or manual work have the most amazing mid-1900s complete lack of regard for safety or ergonomics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBVDugUUMeY

(I'm sure plenty have already been posted in this and previous threads, there's so much great content on their channel)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Uncle Enzo posted:

I am not, however, the casually sexually harassing camerawork and narration

There is some real-rear end casual misogyny going on in a lot of those videos, like the tent that's "so easy, even a woman could do it" and the general "women in the kitchen" attitude.

Not to mention the "those inscrutable youths and their long hair and wild behavior and no discipline" thing.

The diet video that's sponsored by the national milk board is wild too, plenty of talk about "normal weight" and "fat unattractive girls" and how to attract men. Cut down on the meat, but remember to eat plenty of butter and cheese!

Elissimpark posted:

Aside from dudes rolling around giant tubs of margarine in a factory setting without any food safety, the sources of the oil certainly are interesting.

It's even mentioned in an episode on whaling that the oil was considered for other purposes, but people found the smell offensive, so they used it for margarine :v:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 5, 2021

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

You also don't have to understand Swedish to play Klämrisk Hero:

http://www.linusakesson.net/games/klamrisk/index.php

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Boiled Water posted:

this is no weather for man or beast

And it ain't a fit night out for man or beast*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcGfuEZ9dSo

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

His Divine Shadow posted:

Didn't this guy sever a finger too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaGnyaR2B7s

Also has a bit of the aforementioned "accidents happen, they just do" attitude.

I like watching the stuff he builds, but he's way too cavalier about safety.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Caedus posted:

I have done all sorts of fabrication and machining; the only tool that still gives me Danger Sweats is a tablesaw. I know to be alert and have a plan, and not be Adam Savage when working with machines and I know that will keep me safe, but tablesaws whisper "give me fleeessh" every time I'm within a couple feet of one. It's All Braincells On Deck when I need to work with one.

For me it's the bandsaw.

I know a table saw has the blade literally spinning towards you and the danger of kickback, but bandsaws are used to cut meat and bone, plus you're moving your workpiece in two dimensions with both hands, so there's more to keep track of. Also you can't really use push sticks, you have to have your hands pretty close to the blade, and it always seems like it's tempting you to put your thumb right in front of the blade. Freaks me out.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Feb 5, 2021

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

That's the EEVBlog forums ultranerds for you.

Bertha the Toaster posted:

It boggles the mind, I've given up trying to do anything video related on Linux, the only option seems to be to use insane command line statements with ffmpeg and hope for the best.

I've never had an issue using Handbrake, but I also don't need anything more advanced than that. Kdenlive is supposed to be a decent editor, and DaVinci Resolve if you need something more high-end, but not free.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Antigravitas posted:

That horror building would be unconstitutional in Germany I think. If existing laws didn't already make it illegal, of course.

But you don't often find buildings that violate the first article of the constitution, so props for that.

I think most countries require some minimum level of actual sunlight per square meter. I know for instance my upstairs neighbor can't install a balcony, because that would block too much sunlight through the window in my bedroom.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Do they also have hot oil and a cartoonishly large anchor that they use to repel invaders?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

insta posted:

We got one of these in Kansas City a few years ago. Cars manage to T-bone it regularly -- not glance off it, not trying to beat it across an intersection, just haul rear end straight into the side of a 200 foot long tram.

That's because of really really poo poo drivers, but good luck trying to make people even just slightly less lovely drivers.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

https://i.imgur.com/Qg7Ydg4.mp4

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

When people ask you how you're doing and you go "fine, and you?"

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mr. Nice! posted:

dog why are you making GBS threads sand how much sand did you eat jesus christ

:woof: "Yes! I am dog!"

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Same goes for your legs. You should never be able to lock out your legs while pressing the pedals as hard as you physically can, with your back fully in the seat back.

Way too many people sit too far away from the pedals and press with their tippy-toes.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Somebody please put the music from The Naked Gun over this.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

That post wasn't there when I clicked Submit, officer!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

At least it wasn't Polish nail remover.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Atticus_1354 posted:

You can also get them for trailers to move them around in a yard. I always wanted one at my last job.

At a trailer yard where I had to drop off some things, they used one of those small telescopic forklifts with a hitch ball attached to one fork.

The guy driving it was a true master of trailer speed organizing.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

TjyvTompa posted:

My favorite is how they made a "CE" sticker that looks almost identical to the "Conformité Européenne" sticker but they call it China Export instead. Genius move.

Complete nonsense.

If you're faking compliance stickers anyway, you would just call it whatever it's really called, because you don't give a poo poo about being cute about it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Is he fogging for m'ladies?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Those are pretty nifty, though. Almost like CNC machines for döner kebab.

https://alkadur.com/en

Yes, it's literally called "The Device" and yes of course it's German.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

mobby_6kl posted:

"The Device" is fine I think, I'm mostly upset by the lack of any browning on that meat-like product.

You don't want to overheat the glue, obviously.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The Management posted:

Doner is garbage they feed to drunk white people. A good shawarma doesn’t look like a log of compressed particle board

Spoken like someone who's never had proper döner.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/IHyRDXd.mp4

Another day at the cock blowing factory

Absolutely no attention paid to the balls, shameful.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

You're seen the warning sign, now you can play the game!

https://www.linusakesson.net/games/klamrisk/index.php

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ow my ballsknees.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

They don't dare clean the place, because that could accidentally kill their unique strain of wild yeast and ruin their production forever.

Swiss cheese has deliberate impurities introduced to produce the well-known holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evV05QeSjAw

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent seafood meal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

silentsnack posted:

'rf concrete that fails if it gets wet' sounds pretty cursed on its own merit, but how much asbestos is involved?

In Sweden they used radioactive concrete for some years, creating extremely high concentrations of radon in the structures. Who could have known that using aggregate from uranium mines was a bad idea?

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 5, 2023