Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I assume its more the lack of whatever chemicals are used to clean waste water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

What the hell did he pour on him?!?!
Fire.

Alternatively, the fuel for the generator.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
He's still down there right?

All of the nope.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
What in the hell was that?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Oh yeah, now I see whatever the liquid is coming from the right. Cheers guys.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Helios Grime posted:

Edit: Ok, I just read up on it and we do not need to install smokealarms in houses. As far as the goverment is concerened having high building standards that take into account to be more fire resistant is enough. Also we have around 3 people dying in housfires per year, so I don't know if that is high or low for a country of ~8.5 million people.

I was curious what that figure was in the UK and ended up in an Excel based rabbit hole which I stopped going down when I found a group of 71 people from 2017.
https://data.gov.uk/dataset/f7ccba2d-f679-46e1-8d6d-de7bee690d40/fire-statistics-fatalities-and-casualties

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

That's some Dibnah quality demolition right there.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Could be worse, when I worked at Maplin (think a crappier UK version of Radio Shack) I had a guy ask for the opposite. Something you could plug into a light fitting to get a socket you could then plug appliances into.
Turns out that people on the local markets would make them as you had to pay to get a mains plug but the lighting was free so they'd make adaptors to get free power for their market stall.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Big Clive is at it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekjt_HuLD9w

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Uthor posted:

He built a sewing machine table with non locking casters, too. You'd think you'd wanna keep your tools from rolling around on you when doing precision work, I don't get it.

But they were locking castors?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Is to meant to be like riding a roller coaster? That things up and down so much, that can't be right surely? It looks so unstable in that test flight.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Xakura posted:

Those eyes are the eyes of a professional test pilot being told the plane he's contracted to fly has bent main gear bolts "from the factory".

He didn't end up flying it.

I can't wrap my head around it, surely anyone who is competent with a lathe could make bolts that are pretty drat straight?

The guy's insane, if he doesn't kill himself with that thing it'll be a miracle. The loving aircon kills the engine for crying out loud.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I nearly hit someone on a bicycle the other night, absolutely lashing it down with rain and I'd just overtook a bus that was slowing to let someone on/off. They were dressed head to toe in black and had no lights or anything reflective other than their reflectors built into the pedals, and to top it off they were in the blind spot caused by the windscreen pillar. Its like they had a death wish, I hate how often I see people on bikes with lights or anything, it just feels like its only a matter of time until I hit one of them because of their stupidity.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
14:52 no? That's where your link goes for me. And I had to turn it off because I couldn't watch the moron with the beer getting crushed.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/ECWA1967/status/1335453672508182528

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Seriouspost question, is that wall of death mosh pit thing not as bad as it looks? I’ve never been to a mosh pit concert and have no frame of reference.

Can't beat a good pit, metal heads tend to be the friendliest of people. The worst injury I've ever heard of at a pit was a mate on the edge of the dancefloor twisted his ankle because he landed on it funny half on, half off the stage.
I think my favourite pit was the guy on crutches who was stood at the edge of it and got absorbed into it as his crutches ended up going crowd surfing in opposite directions.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

_____! posted:

When he posted a video called "UK home office fail" and his channel is mostly electrical things failing at home in an office, I got a much different video than I was expecting. I hope they're OK :(

Care to explain what happened/what the problem was? I can't see a Home Office video on the YouTube channel linked before.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Trying to find out his name to try and look up his case when I go into work later (and then probably get sacked for looking at stuff I shouldn't) and I found this forum thread on EEVBlog forum which would suggest he's still alive and kicking as of December. No idea about his wife though.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
It boggles the mind, I've given up trying to do anything video related on Linux, the only option seems to be to use insane command line statements with ffmpeg and hope for the best.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
https://www.istheshipstillstuck.com/

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Woke up this morning to no power as the main breaker had tripped. Turned everything back on and it was fine, didn't think anything else of it. About 4PM the girlfriend and I are sat on the sofa watching TV when I asked if I was imagining things or had the lights just flickered. Then they did it again and I could hear a noise outside, went to the window and I could see smoke down the street. Threw my shoes on and went outside to see that there was a hole in the road with blackened concrete around it and the smell of magic smoke. Called the power company to send someone to sort it and they just sat in their van for a bit until it started doing this, leading to us being sat in the dark for 5/6 hours with no thing to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml8Sm6aQN0Y

Poor bastards from the power company are still out there now in the pissing rain filling in the hole they had to dig to fix the drat thing.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I just want to know what they used to cut the wood. A hammer perhaps?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Love that its so heavily watermarked you can barely see what's going on.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

It just reminds me of the KMFDM artist BRUTE! and makes me sad I can't get an original print of his stuff.

Err...

Was just about to post a "Hell Yeah" as I'm currently wearing my Hell Yeah tour shirt and, well...

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I just came here to post this too, gonna listen to it on my drive here in a minute.

Photonicinduction posted a video

Was he always this unhinged?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Did they think it was the military base in GTA5?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

RedSnapper posted:

Sometimes I hope he succeeds, just to get a communist uprising on day three.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

The Real Amethyst posted:

What the gently caress is a city wide tactical alert? Sounds like something that will result in police going on a rampage.

Its a warning to the people living in the city that there's a terrorist group going around blowing up trucks and cars in residential areas.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Are they spraying the sea with water?

I don't think that's going to help.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

They're obviously mentally disabled.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
That cone video is clearly reversed.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Youtube just suggested this to me and I don't know if using tools badly is this guy's shtick or what but it's pretty infuriating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDJHjrgGVYQ

At least you didn't watch his giant beyblade made from a massive saw blade video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrZuUiSXEI

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Looks like an art installation.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

FCKGW posted:

The video of that guy test driving the car is great because at several times he tries to naturally grab where the steering wheel should be if it's a circle but can't so he has to pause for a split second, look at the wheel and then move his hand. All while trying to make a left turn.

Another thing where it's no big deal at highway speeds but at low speeds it's a complete disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruy42dWvcqM&t=136s

I love the way he doesn't know how to put it in reverse or turn it off, he just has to hope the car can guess what he wants to do.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

sigher posted:

I had no idea this is how it works, my mind is legit blown.

Are you serious? A half brother/sister is just someone who has the same mum/dad as you but a different dad/mum.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Righty tighty, lefty tighty.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Z the IVth posted:

So are these spectacular battery fires a Tesla thing or are only the Teslas getting reported on because of their notoriety? Thinking of buying an electric vehicle (not-tesla) and getting worried about immolation.

EV fires are a thing in other brands, and they're an utter nightmare to put out as they burn way hotter than regular fires. I think its been posted in here before that there' special containers for dealing with them, that just a massive steel box that starves it of oxygen and floods it with something to put it out. The problem with Teslas is that they just seem to catch fire for no reason.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Don't forget the new rectangular steering wheel that you'll keep messing unless you look at it and nothing else.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Splode posted:

Can car door opening chat please end soon

Yeah, it needs to come to a close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

I don't see the issue. The switch is controlling the flow of current.