Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.
Man from LOX is another really good training video, for anyone interested:

(kinda :nms: right at the end though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9sIT6P_05I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.
I was expecting that guy to get run over at the end :(

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJ9ue6GKek

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

I came across this old-timey helicopter accident and, uh:
(he lives)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b29Msu_7_sE&t=84s

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

The fun thing about the older battery chargers is that if you used them incorrectly you could boil the battery's electrolyte, like when I saw some moron charging a motorcycle battery with one a few months ago.

The newer ones are really nice though and can be useful sometimes.

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Pretty easy to get that way with no child left behind and schools doing creative workarounds to shove kids through the system. I once worked at a grocery store with a guy who stopped paying attention in second grade but his school kept passing him along to the next grade until they eventually got rid of him. The end result was that he could barely read. We'd be out pushing carts and I'd see a funny bumper sticker, laugh, and move on. He would sit there staring at it for several seconds until he finally figured it out. He told some of us that he once stared at a newspaper comic stuck to the break room refrigerator for several minutes until someone told him what it meant. He wasn't stupid or slow or anything, he just never learned how to read. Thinking back, it's kind of impressive that he was able to gain so much knowledge of things he was interested in without being able to look anything up about them.

This guy got a degree and became a teacher even though he was illiterate.

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Here's a video of a guy almost losing fingers while demonstrating how not to use a table saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

boar guy posted:

yes employees in uniform breaking multiple laws and treating their deliveries extremely casually is a good look for a super bowl commercial, i agree

I'm also very angry that this guy broke several nonexistent laws

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Grant Imahara was working on this as a consultant :(

oof, I forgot the one likeable mythbuster died :(

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

priznat posted:

The bylaws here say you have to clear the walks by 10 am the morning after a snow and so many people don’t and it’s annoying.

The town where I live has a guy drive a big snowblower thing down the sidewalk after it snows, I'm surprised more places don't do that

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

That's why I don't give a poo poo about Everest. Yeah, you pay a lot to climb it, but the sherpa are climbing it several times to bring up supplies and set the ropes so you can go up once and take a picture.

They should just dig a railway tunnel to the top of Everest, kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSjEGitwag8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

wesleywillis posted:

There have been tons of times, when I thought that it'd be pretty sweet to be a crane operator.

Then I see videos like this and I'm all like "nah bro, I'm good".

It would probably be cool to be a good crane operator.