Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

MisterOblivious posted:

Minnesota.mp4

We don't allow chains. We don't allow studs,

On motor vehicles.

bicycles are not motor vehicles. bicycle tires can use studs. Lol, you only loose traction once you step off the bicycle. Ride on a hockey rink with no problems!

Until you try to put foot down

Too long:didn't OSHA: I can drive on sheer ice, but can't walk on it.

https://youtu.be/z6vGQ0K3wm4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Imagined posted:

Because fire used to be occasional and limited and now it's annual and everywhere.

Honestly the whole meme of making fun of pandas and koalas and poo poo for being "useless" because they struggle to survive us loving ruining everything makes me want to rage and hit people. These "useless" animals survived millennia until we poo poo all over everything, fucknuts*.

*This is a general sort of fucknuts, not anyone in this thread specifically.

Yeah for as dumb as these animals are, they didn't manage to gently caress up their own entire ecosystem (all of Earth) in like two centuries.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1214372164784312322

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

BBC documentary Human Planet has a cool segment on the insane helicopter cattle ranchers in Australia

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Some good OSHA content here from Popular Mechanics:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a30460577/homemade-gas-station/

"Building a Homemade Gas Station Is a Terrible Idea"

Looks like they were dispensing it with a garden hose.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

"global warming isn't real," i assure myself as i close my eyes and ram the climate into hellworld with my lovely industrialization

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Depends on what the bollard is supposed to stop.

A K12 rated bollard can stop a 15k lb truck going 50mph.

They don't actually have to be that deep

https://www.tymetal.com/crash/crash-bollards/tfb-80trb-80bollards/

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Jabor posted:

I've seen removables that go into a casement that's buried pretty deep, might not stop a loaded truck at full speed but seems like it'd do a good job against an idiot in a sedan.

They make removable k-rated bollards

Bollards may be disguised as planters or other architectural features as well!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

You have an interdimensional portal to a perpetual motion machine

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

looks like the truck driver didn't see the gates/signs in time, tried stopping, realized he wasn't going to stop before the tracks, and then gunned it to try to get across. but they had already bled off too much speed, so *smack*

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Fire department clearly has sonic weapons

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

lmao at defending opt-in fire departments thanks to our extremely lovely public sector, just lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

luxury handset posted:

hey man, making fun of the rural poor is a great way to demonstrate my internet proletariat bonafides. solidarity, my brother!

making fun of how dogshit the US is when it comes to public services isn't making fun of the rural poor.

e: my uncle is a Chicago FD and is a full paramedic. A majority of his work is EMS stuff. Same for a coworker's buddy out in Vail, CO--a lot of his work are Interstate accident responses etc.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

really struggling to understand the thought process here

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

disgusting lack of PPE on display here

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Phanatic posted:

How many are in private places vs public places? A CCTV at a business's loading dock is not the same thing as a CCTV in the public square.

They are if that CCTV is by ring and cops can get the video without your knowledge or consent!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Mistle posted:

"It smells terrible, but it's just going to have to bake until it goes down for maintenance. Not going to shut the thing down for something like that, and nobody wants to put on the insulated gloves and grounding lines just to clear the air, and you're only going to be smelling it for what, 10, 15 minutes tops?"
- An electrical engineer commenting about a raccoon that touched the bus bar

I've seen so many torched animal carcasses in substation yards

at least I've never been there when they've found would-be copper thieves

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

CaptainSarcastic posted:

There have been some rumblings about acetaminophen along these lines, but so far nothing has panned out.

You have no faith in medicine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Fallom posted:

Kirtland AFB had a jet fuel leak go unnoticed for literal decades and was forced to set up a real water treatment plant after sitting on their hands for another 13 years after noticing the issue because it had reached the city water table. Chuds fought it insanely hard.

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS ISN'T CARCINOGENIC