Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

AzureSkys posted:

This is one of the sprinklers in the hotel room I'm staying at. Whatever it means, I feel warned.

If you look carefully you will note that the sparkly penisplane is above the red "do not" line. So If I'm reading this right the sign says "do not use coat hangers in this area, use sparkly penisplanes to hang your clothes on instead."

I think everyone can agree that's just good old solid OSHA advice right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I didn't know I wanted to see a cruise ship destruction derby until now.

Now I really want to see a cruise ship destruction derby.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
This video still leaves me with a lot of questions.

Also this:

Mierenneuker posted:

Test this by jumping from the Eiffel tower, you cowards!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Oh dear. Car's aren't meant to eat right before sleeping.

It's going to have terrible dreams. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The wheel probably just came off as the people at the window seat didn't turn off there phones on take off like they were told to!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I mean, it has moved recently :v:

This new Stephen king possessed killer bridge story is an incredibly slow burn.

Still enjoying it though. :munch:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

Train hauling corn was leaking.

Seems like this is something you'd see on one of those 'oddly satisfying' YouTube videos.

Also sort of looks like a makeshift beach a council made for local kids to play at during Siberian summer.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Megillah Gorilla posted:

(Note that Box Hill is about 250 kilometres away from the big bushfires)

Also more relevantly about 1-2 kilometers away from me! ...yeah, I'm staying inside as much as possible today.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Humphreys posted:

It also happened in early New York if I believe certain movies.

Also book if a certain book, if a certain book that a certain movie is to be believed!

it has accounts of firefighter gangs fighting each other outside burning buildings, and at other points them just standing and watching buildings burn until someone would come forward and pay them to put the fires out. Capitalism is a terrible last resort in emergency situations!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Isn't this a Midnight Oil song?

Yep, Blue Sky Mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofrqm6-LCqs

good song.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ili posted:

I have, customs got me to open my luggage and made sure there wasn't any mud on my shoes.

Yep, Australian customs really cares about that one. Have had my shoes checked multiple times now.

After the third time I started to remember to put all the stuff customs might want to check at the top of my bag, so I didn't need to spend 10 minutes un-packing re-packing everything!

Edit:

GotLag posted:

Who's gonna shave me?

Communal shaving is large part of Australian culture :colbert:

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 6, 2020

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PainterofCrap posted:

Um

Does he land somewhere

Poochie died on the way back to his home planet. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hmm, that's very good general advice I'll keep that in mind for future, but this machines all right, right? Not a bee in sight. ...I'm sure it's fine.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Information that you really, really never want to find useful.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Why does Putin hate windows so.

:(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Oh his ute isn't going to like that rock. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

My Spirit Otter posted:

it's more like replacing the spokes with cards

I like where your heads at. Bold new design, on the old and boring tradtional model. Future of bicycles, I say.
You'll go far in this bicycle business kid.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

VectorSigma posted:

i bet they have a name for when it comes back down directly on top of the other anvil.

I mean if they are all shooting from the same spot, you could just put down a jack at the start and turn it into anvil shooting lawn bowls.

This would require... quite a few anvils though.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Memento posted:

overtaking is hard y'all

Never play tag with a speed bot on a highway, they'll always catch you in the end. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

the only demographic that hates cyclists more than lifted truck owners, is pedestrians

That's only because cyclists hate pedestrians more! Those damned two wheeled yahoos are out for pedestrian blood I say!

I'm pretty sure they need it to live. :shrug:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
That waterpark is 100% somehow going to burn down.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Zopotantor posted:

Maybe because its main use seems to be for cleaning equipment, not directly for the fabrication steps?

I thought it's main use was creating terror in all who know of it's existence?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Arban posted:

This would probably be easier on your back than bending down all the time

I've tried hand planting rice before and oh god it is amazing how quickly your back starts to hurt. This does legit look like a more OSHA version of hand planting.

^That second video looks like it should be in reverse with how cleanly that earth is just coming back togther^

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jul 28, 2020

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Man I hope she was wearing proper steel toed socks. :ohdear:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nenonen posted:

Even a child can tell that that shape peg won't fit in that shape hole.

I mean... depends how much force you use to push it in.

GET STRONGER MAGNETS!!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

LordNagash posted:

There's a *lot* going on in this image

This looks like one of those images you get in a workplace safety training course where you need to circle everything that's not OSHA in the image. So basically just like one big circle around the entire photo in this case.

I always enjoyed them. :unsmith:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

:eyepop: that's quite a rapsheet!

Even bigger then your moooo..... er no.. actually I probably shouldn't finish that sentence...

I assure you it was definitely not going to be sentence about your mother, or the size of her box.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Duzzy Funlop posted:

All kinds of OSHA-violations in this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGix74iuHQE

But if excavators don't exercise how will they still stay strong enough to lift stuff???

Edit: and a link to original and best Volvo OSHA ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7FIvfx5J10

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Brown Moses posted:

Forensic Architecture just put together a video reconstruction of the Beirut Port Explosion, which demonstrates how you accidentally build a giant bomb in the middle of a major city by ignoring safety regulations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s54_MF2XPk

I don't need no experts to tell me how to accidentally commit mass safety regulations violation leading into city destroying catastrophes!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

WarpedNaba posted:

Getting Monty Python vibes from that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bum the Sad posted:

Dude that stuff rules it looks dark red in the vial and then the second you inject it in the IV and it dilutes and turns neon green. Then I swear within like 30 drat seconds you can see neon green jets shooting out of the ureters into the bladder.

Ah the wonders of 80's mad science horror movies mystery medical goo.
Is there anything it can't do
:allears:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bridge seems to be breathing pretty healthy. Not sure we should be shaming bridges for being in good shape.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mustached Demon posted:

This is why performers request venues prepare odd things like "69 blue M&Ms mixed with 420 red M&Ms in a bowl outside the bathroom." Means the venue takes this seriously and hopefully isn't skimping safety on the stage.

Ah that never worked. They just spent so much time counting M&M's the ended up spending even less time on safety. This is literally how all the 80's hair rock band members died.

Every. Single. One.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

So it sort of looks like this machine was designed to do exactly this that but... that can't be right can it...

that can't be right....

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Humphreys posted:

There's always footage and stories of grain silos in this thread, but heres a wicked mural painted on an Aussie one

There's a bunch of good ones here:

https://www.australiansiloarttrail.com/

They usually look super cool in person, the artists usually get well paid for it. I'm 100% for this tend.

Also they did a mural on this Melbourne public housing tower I worked at. Tower is a ugly as hell, but the Mural improves it a lot, and they chose four residents to be the faces of it. Pretty much every resident I talked to loved it:

Even if the art wasn't to their taste, just having a bit of colour rather than the monotonous brown was appreciated.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 8, 2020

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Phil Layshow posted:

I forget, did this thread have the pic of the cargo ship with all the tipped over containers? Reddit says this is how it looked pulling in to port.

Well of course all those containers are going to fall off, someone loaded a smaller ship on top of them.

Cargo isn't designed to have ships sailing all over the top of them!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Best of both worlds, shoot the button with the gun!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

This is adorably stupid

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Wasabi the J posted:

loving christ being stuck without a paddle is potentially quite dangerous depending on how fast currents.

People always talking bad about poo poo creeks, but you know what, probably not going to be flowing all that fast.

...possibly better place to be stuck in without a paddle?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

"According to WVEC, the VDOT released a statement following the phone call explaining that the vehicle that struck the cyclist was a VDOT employee, and that the bridge is regularly used by VDOT employees to drive to and from work."

THE LITERAL gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Splode posted:

And he's not even wearing a helmet

The truck is his helmet. :colbert: