Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Cojawfee posted:

Are we still posting scary radioactive things?

Elviscat posted:

If you pick it up and hold it at arms length, and your arms are 1 meter long, you have 6 minutes 56 seconds to "DROP & RUN" before you leave the "probably survive" window of radiation exposure and enter the "50% chance you die painfully" window.

If you hold it up to your chest to squint at it and read it, it's like 15 seconds or some poo poo.

That's a helluva fuckin source.

The Lone Badger posted:

If you collapsed and died on top of that source, what would your body be like? I assume it wouldn't be able to decay by normal processes, would it just slowly desiccate and mummify?

This was a few pages back but I couldn't stop thinking about it. What the hell WOULD happen if you died on top of it? Would it cause difficulties for the bacteria/critters that normally consume corpses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Platystemon posted:

Ionising radiation, and cobalt‐60 specifically, are commonly used to sterilise packaged food.

Birds and mammals may be able to disrupt the corpse, and die in the process if they dally, but microorganisms are just hosed. The corpse will mummify, yeah.

Now I'm imagining a very OSHA alternate universe where the Egyptians discovered the a way to make Cobalt 60 sarcophagi, complete with early tomb raiders succumbing to a mysterious curse, and modern ones having to explore the pyramids like they're a Chernobyl reactor. The idea sounds stupid now that I see Cobalt 60 has a half life of 5 years and requires a nuclear reactor to make. :pseudo:

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

KoRMaK posted:

Interesting, I didn't realize there was that much of a difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8ZXV7wjyw

Oh whoa I don't remember this ep at all

Thanks for linking 9/11 truther poo poo

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Three fifteen year old kids working in a Fun Park cafe kitchen.

One burns the poo poo out of his palm on the pizza oven.

The next day a really annoying customer complains a lot about their pizza order and demands it be redone.

By unanimous consent they all agree that the kid with the massive palm blister should pop it in the annoying customers pizza before cooking it.

Scam Likely fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 8, 2021

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I was actually confused for the longest how highrise cranes got places too lol

Im a very naive man

Me too :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB91Sm-kGJ8

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

dokmo posted:

my vote for most terrifying saw was featured on that same channel previously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9rkPif0Oi8&t=2095s

"Honey, can you boil some water for the tea?"

*cranks over elaborate death saw kettle

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Reminds me how Marina Abromovic and her partner were going to walk the entire Great Wall as an art piece. The Chinese govt realized that no Chinese person had done it before, so they delayed Abromovic for years and scrambled to have some poor local railway clerk do it first.

https://publicdelivery.org/marina-abramovic-the-lovers-the-great-wall-walk/

Guess it was half the wall. Three months of walking.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Mike Moye witnessing people likely dying in front of his very eyes: "My Charger!!"

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

By popular demand posted:

Like I said build a miniature wasabi bomb and become a YouTube superstar!
Superstardom not guaranteed, building bombs is frowned upon in many places.

My cousin just introduced me to a video of a man doing a bong rip of a Carolina Reaper, and by God if the content itself doesn't make you internet famous, the video comments ought to.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Fly as you OSHIT

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Trying to describe Seaman to anyone is never not hilarious.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Propaganda Hour posted:

Nah, that's a pet

Every big city or vaguely tourist location will have at least one "random dude carrying around giant pet snake". NYC has a few, usually albino snakes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Goddamn kids shook my Earthquake bed and trapped me inside for the third time this week.