Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

A few years ago I had a driver lose a barrel of liquid latex in front of a fire dept in MA, they responded immediately and cleaned up the spill in the road, and the chief called me and said that they would make the cleanup charge go away if we provided new shovels to replace the ones that were ruined by the latex. I contact my safety dept and they insisted I told the fire chief that we would replace the shovels and gear if we could get the trashed gear in return (I don't know why, it was a really sketchy trucking company I worked for). When I told the chief that they wanted the old equipment in return he immediately said "gently caress you, if you don't want to work with me we're charging you $25K for an emergency response and cleanup" and hung up.

The next morning I called the FD back to see if I could resolve the situation, asking for the chief, another guy gets on the line and says "Chief had a heart attack yesterday, he'll be out for a few months." Without missing a beat I tell the guy that the chief wanted me to call to arrange shipment of the new equipment that we were going to send to them to thank them for their help cleaning up the spill. We delivered the new gear and never got charged.

Southcoast somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Mister Speaker posted:

Airsoft is stupid.

Source: I used to play airsoft.

Confirm, though it is a great way to learn how toxic people can be if you're not sure.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

How do you even start fixing that? Wrecking ball and start over?

Platystemon posted:

I will take concrete steps to resolve this issue.

Thankfully, it's only a small pourtion of the structure so in the aggregate it's not all that bad.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

MRC48B posted:

Refueling it must be fun.

You just pipe in power from the lines to keep it recharged, those only need gas if you don't have power.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Some days you just can't rid of a bomb.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ekuNNN posted:

these guys really need to get rid of that one extremely annoying screechy nerd, drat

He's the CEO

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

my kinda ape posted:

So that guy definitely died right?

It looks like it pushes the cab over first then slides through the non-person part of the cab.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Azathoth posted:

Also, what was up with the pyramid razor episode that made them regret it? A quick google isn't giving me a good idea and I don't really want to spend 40 minutes finding out.

Its baseless pseudoscience bullshit.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

SerthVarnee posted:

This really didn't get enough attention.

What the gently caress do even do to start fixing this poo poo?

Start working on the Egyptian law courts? Try to place additional constraints on the company that owns the ship until they get that poor guy off the ship and let him get on with his life?

I would probably become such a nuisance to the Egyptians that they send me home. Start fires on the ship, force the Egyptians to come respond twice a day to emergencies. Feign ignorance at every turn. Run though all the international signals for distress.

Azhais posted:

And has he considered just not swimming back

The authorities have his passport, if he just stays on land he has no way to survive or make it home.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I could have done that job with 80 lbs of tannerite.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIe5GKyLPek

Colin Furze is now digging sideways.

:catstare:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Deteriorata posted:

He's got about 15 corporate sponsors, so he's not doing things on a budget despite what he wants you to think. The project has been finished for ages and if anything went wrong they would just not release the videos. It's also shot to make it look more dangerous than it is.

I.e. I'm sure he's had a dozen engineers consulting with him on every step of the project and he's probably had professionals do most of the actual work. They recorded a few minutes of video of him doing stuff to sell the story that it's a wild and crazy project.

Sure but he's still jackhammering without ear pro.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Nope, that's a different idiot. "CEASE FIRE MOTHERFUCKERS" is 100% home grown TFR ca . . . I want to say 2005? It was already a borderline legend when I started posting, so take my regdate and subtract a few.

Tl;dr is that there was a goon meet with a bunch of people shooting stuff, and tannerite was involved. Someone plopped a bunch of tannerite in an empty wooden crate that was something silly like 25 or 50 yards off the firing line and was out there presumably on the logic of "it's fun to shoot empty containers." That's waaaaaay too close to be sticking tannerite in anything, and especially something that will fragment if blown up. Anyways, tannerite goes boom, chunk of wooden box flies back towards the firing line and clocks SkyShark in the dome, queue "CEASE FIRE MOTHERFUCKERS." No one seriously hurt in the end, iirc SkyShark got a scalp cut but that was the end of it. Could have been much, much worse.

OSHA as all fuuuuuck and I'm incredibly glad I wasn't there for that.

Post it

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ahem, this is the needful, sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nqvEELupeg

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Strabo4 posted:

I remember one of the times the Byford Dolphin came up in the thread someone did the calculations and those guys died in like a tenth of the time it takes for your body to relay a signal through your nervous system.

I would love to see the math. Anyone able to find it?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Seems fine.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

My only real problem with the Clint guy is he interrupts her all the time.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

raggedphoto posted:

Another fun flooring fact I just remembered! If you hit a nail while sanding the floor (happened all the time) the spark could make it's way into the dust bag and smolder there for hours before igniting the entire bag of super fine dust. I never saw it first hand but I heard stories of dust bags burning down homes or burning holes through the floor over night because the workers didn't empty it.

I worked for a guy who would get rid of the dust from the bags/vac by putting in it open trashcans in the back of the pickup and drive down the freeway. He was an rear end in a top hat.

I used to do that with leaves.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Yeah that report is bad but here are some choice pulls from another awful FDA inspection c/o Discendo Vox in the Restaurant Industry Thread.

https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/warning-letters/dollar-tree-inc-629509-11082022

quote:

Apparent bird droppings were observed on chocolate protein shakes and Vitamin C supplement drops and on the floor near the northeast side of the small food storage racks by the shipping area

Significant gnawings, REPs TNTC, and a strong odor of rodent urine and excreta on a pallet containing (b)(4) cases of mixed nuts

REPs TNTC stands for "Rodent Excreta Pellets Too Numerous to Count", by the way

quote:

REP and (b)(7)(E) hair on top of a pallet of Vitamin C 1000 mg dietary supplements

Approximately 15 REPs on a pallet of flour located in rack location (b)(4). Eleven of the (b)(4) cases stored on the pallet contained product with gnawings. While investigators unstacked the pallet, two mice exited from gnawed-open product bags stacked on the bottom layer of the pallet and ran west under the north end of aisle (b)(4)

A strong foul odor/stench of dead and decaying rodents, rodent pellets, and evidence of rodents nesting in and around the Inventory Control Center (ICC) and the breakroom

quote:

During the inspection, FDA collected filth samples from various areas within your warehouse facility, and the analytical results revealed rodent excreta pellets, multi-stage beetles (adult and larvae), fecal material that contained cat/dog hairs, and insects including flies and moths present throughout your facility. Additionally, FDA collected samples from your Florida Gold brand 2-lb bags of rice and performed a filth analysis which revealed various species of insects at larval, pupae and adult stages present in the sample.

quote:

Investigators observed apparent rodent excreta pellets (too numerous to count) on and inside processing equipment in building (b)(4); along the perimeter walls of buildings (b)(4) and building (b)(4); and between pallets of repacked bagged rice, totes of bulk rice, on empty cardboard boxes, on boxes with packaging material in buildings (b)(4) and building (b)(4); and on bags to be used as finished product packaging that are fabricated and labeled by the firm for use by other companies.

quote:

In building (b)(4), investigators observed at least five (5) live rodents throughout the processing and storage areas. [...] Investigators also observed an apparent newborn rodent lying in between 50-lb bags of jasmine rice at the southern end of building (b)(4).

Additionally, cockroaches were observed in building (b)(4) on and around soiled pots and pans containing food residue in the employee shower room at the southern end of the building.

i. In building (b)(4), investigators observed four (4) or more live cats in the northern end of the building and apparent cat feces and urine throughout the warehouse.
ii. In building (b)(4), investigators observed one (1) rodent carcass near the packaging equipment on the eastern side of the building.
iii. Investigators observed a cat running from building (b)(4) with a rodent in its mouth.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAPw895Se6I

But why am I going to watch a 24 minute video about a firetruck going to a fire you ask yourself. Well strap the gently caress in because every few minutes you get another incredible event including:

Sirens, even more sirens, yet more sirens, what about q-sirens?, seatbelts what are those?, back-seat driving, driving down the wrong side of the road, driving down the wrong side of the road while not looking at the road, a convoy, whoops that convoy is actually a race, shortcuts, firefighters on mopeds, flip-flop fire chief?, an entire other fire apparently, some actual pretty OK firefighting despite the complete lack of PPE and bystander awareness.

Does not disappoint.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Personally my favorite part was when the camera pans over from the fire they're fighting to an entire other fire on the other side of the street just rolling away.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

At one point it seems that they used the horn so much it stopped working. Also I like the remote so the backseat guy can blast an extra siren at the people not giving a single gently caress about getting out of the way.

I am pretty sure thats a green light changer.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

KoRMaK posted:

Im lookin for mid to long form content of people doing work in the trades. Anyone got recommendations? im collecting a list so i can pass it on to someone else interested in the field, and i want to give them a slice of life

so far my list is:
this old house classic on the roku channel
Gate city foundation drainage on YouTube

just wanna see tradies doing their thing, seeing what kind of bullshit they gotta put up with, listening to their clever insights. that kinda thing

Holmes on Homes if you can find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

StarkingBarfish posted:

The sharpie covered in spicy dust really ties the whole scene together.

Do you think if his hands are full he pulls the pen cap off with his teeth?