Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, once I went on this insane dual slide that was two tubes intertwined around each other in the double helix formation. By the time you got about halfway down, the water was so churned up and crazy that you were basically underwater. Most people hit the bottom gasping for breath, as they hadn't thought holding their breath was a requirement when going on a slide. I watched it after for a bit as well, and not a single person went for another trip down, one was enough for everyone.

This sort of thing:

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 1, 2019

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Source4Leko posted:

How did that even happen? Like cars just crashing into each other or like electrical shorts from all the salt water washing everywhere?

Yeah, I was thinking the salt water got at the batteries and shorted some poo poo out.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Megillah Gorilla posted:

No, sorry, this is my headcannon now.

They're all the rage in pre and post apocalyptic Australia.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LifeSunDeath posted:

holy wow, this is from current Australia isn't' it?

Yeah, there's an Outback Steakhouse just to the left out of frame.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm getting a performance art or staged prank vibe from it, but whatever. :shrug:

Wait wait wait... are you saying this video isn't a candid hidden record of someones usual used motor-oil direct from the engine shower?!

Surely you jest, sir.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Platystemon posted:

Do not wear thong sandals on rooftops.

You mansplainer! Cancel this man, cancel I say!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I'm torn between admiration and, given this thread, a horrified anticipation that an I-beam is about to drop on him and paralyze him for life.

Heh, you fool. I-Beams are too expensive for that construction. They go with much more economical T-beam.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
My theory is a huge cause of cancer in the modern world are poo poo like Glade Plugins and diffusers and poo poo like that.

It's loving harsh, noxious chemicals, that you're purposely aerosolizing into your home. Seems insane.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
PFAS is stored in the ball-blood.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

best bale posted:

Lol then how is there enough room for the piss? Idiot

Fool! Dummard!

This is like the distinction between lava and magma. Pee is what is stored internally, in the balls. Piss is what it's called when it exits your body.

Which means piss is stored in the milk bottles people keep in their Piss Pantry.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Xaintrailles posted:

When will they learn that mason jars need to come with flared bases.

Dr Drew has been campaigning for this change for years now.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cojawfee posted:

By the time the terries dig into the foam to get the nuclear material, another nuke will be launched to destroy the lost one.

That will certainly drax they sklounce.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Potrzebie posted:

Are teeth stored in the balls???

No, queefs are stored in the balls.

They are transferred to the vagina during sex.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
EDIT: Oh what the shitballs.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 12, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Original uncut audio from the vid:

https://i.imgur.com/fWBBF7W.mp4

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
You want to drop out a real bowl coiler.

You get it long enough that it can completely encircle the inside of the bowl and meet back on itself, then you have the fabled Ouroboroshit.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ahhhhhh, the forging of a new dildo for someones mom. A time-honored tradition.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I had an older coworker who came into work once giddy. She boasted she had just bought her first ever brand new car, and that she finally owned a cool car that would make everyone jealous.

We all got excited for her until she told us she had bought a... PT Cruiser. The room went silent as everyone attempted to stifle their laughter. You could see her soul leave her body when someone later told her she had bought one of the lamest cars ever.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

If you outlaw 7 round magazines, then only the bad guys will have them

What about a 6 round mag?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Elviscat posted:

Here's a good demonstration https://youtu.be/u7sRrC2Jpp4

Tablesaws are one of the few tools that genuinely scare me, and I've seen them take a couple fingat tips off in real life which is always fun.

At one point my sister decided she was going to be one of those hopeless DIY moms, destroying their homes piece by piece in an attempt to "upgrade" it. Rather than start basic with a drill and maybe a jigsaw, she wanted leap flying right out of the gates with a table-saw.

I argued with her for an hour that in no way should she start with a table saw, or even go near one, until she had done a decent amount of woodworking with hand tools and simpler power tools first. She pissed and moaned that I was just belittling her, and assuming she couldn't handle it because I thought she was "just a girl". Finally I said she was a loving idiot and would be dead within the year if she got a table saw, and showed her that video. As soon as she saw that kickback and the guys fingats almost get harvested, she went white as a sheet and decided then and there to swear off the table saw. I'm not why exactly she thought she could handle a table-saw with zero power tool experience. This is a person who has quite literally broken just about every electronic device put into their hands over their entire life, purely through mishandling and lack of care.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

BlackIronHeart posted:

I've got a fair bit of experience using bandsaws, scrollsaws, tabletop jigsaws, belt sanders and other large woodworking power tools but I still get a little antsy around tablesaws and most definitely around wood shapers. I'm convinced those machines are the hungriest for human flesh in the workshop, even more so than lathes.

This old boy is talking about how to be safe around a wood shaper and he seems like he's full of useful info especially when you see he's missing half a finger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n6yTHMBX54

Rebating? G-Cramps? Timber Springs?

loving christ, england.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Did those 'fingat saver' circular saw devices that destructively halt the blade in a split-second ever become generally available? Or is the occasional careless finger cheaper than replacing the saw mechanism?

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYLAi4jwXcs&t=139s

Sawstops are quite popular these days. Obviously the safety features are paramount, but they're actually great quality and incredibly well built power tools as well.

The only real downside I've heard about them is if you cut damp wood, that can set off the safety brake unintentionally.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The industrial mohel sends the newborns down the conveyor to nip the tips.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I like when they show the slow-mo footage, you can see the guy with the hammer is barely touching the mochi.

This is false mochi-skill charlatanry.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LifeSunDeath posted:

poundin' pud

https://i.imgur.com/M2zLHAQ.mp4

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I like how they just haphazardly toss the kid who did the rescuing off to the side once the other kid is out.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
https://i.imgur.com/wDCjojr.mp4

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Alien Arcana posted:

how does this keep happening

!!NWS!! Could Trigger The Tag Your Pomegranates Crowd !!NWS!!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I really enjoy watching his channel, I've learned so much from watching him. He's engaging, clearly spoken, avoids all the affectations which make so many other 'creatives' insufferable to watch and really knows his poo poo.

But good lord that man really has an old school view of safety. "Get the job done quick, doesn't matter how, just do it!" was how he was trained and he still has so many bad habits.

But I'll keep watching him.

I get why he does it though, having made his career in the film and television industry. Working in those sorts of production environments, with the insane deadlines placed on them, you have no option but to go as fast as possible and cut corners. Sucks, but when you have a deadline that often incurs monetary penalties if exceeded, you just get it drilled into you to get things done.

In my short stint at an animation studio, for most of the projects we worked on any day we worked beyond the deadline indicated in the contract, not only was the company not getting any more money than initially agreed upon in the contract, they would be dinged $10k each day past the deadline.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Let's not forget Tori's ultimate stunt.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Probably still slurpin' on his frozen protein slurry.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Grant, Tori, and Kari were the best parts of the show.

Not even remotely. This is why they eventually got rid of them and spun them off into their own trainwreck of a show, because no one wanted to see their segments on Mythbusters.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Adam's got a bit more blunt about his dislike of Jaime over the years. He used to be all coy about and just say "Oh, we don't go out for dinners together after work, but we get along at work".

The last time just recently when someone asked if he'd do another show with Jaime, he basically said "We dont talk ever, and I dont want to do a show with him. MOVING ON..."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Nocheez posted:

I thought transporting bodies was pretty much unregulated. My dad worked for a funeral home but he would go pick up bodies in his minivan every once in a while when they were out of hearses.

Does anyone actually still use hearses? I've never seen anything but minivans come pick up bodies from the two morgues I've worked near in the last 15 years.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Where exactly are all these piles of leaves with easy access for cars?

Or are buses just driving out to the suburbs and up onto people lawns to get at the leaf piles?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Some Guy From NY posted:

If you are ever in a vehicle and this happens or power lines fall on your car, if possible DO NOT step out of the vehicle - you will become the path to ground for the electric current. Wait for emergency responders to come and verify the power has been cut. If you must exit the vehicle because it is on fire, you must JUMP with both feet while not touching the vehicle with any body part as you are exiting/ jumping - or else you will become path to ground for current.

It is safe to stay in the vehicle because the tires are acting as insulation to the ground.

Sir, this a Wendys drive through, not a grade 3 class presentation by Bobbys dad who works at Midwest PowerGEN.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Goreld posted:

Is he intentionally trolling by standing on the First Aid sign?

Lotta danger-cringe when I watched the same video earlier.

I.E.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

packetmantis posted:

There should be a moratorium on Adam Savage/Mythbusters posts.

Quiet, Jamie.

Edit: Also, in thread composed of over 30,000 posts, exactly 33 mention Savage or Mythbusters. No one's clubbing you over the head with it. It's a rounding error, at best.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
A short "poo poo, that was close" compilation.

https://i.imgur.com/geowhQa.mp4