Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

PainterofCrap posted:

The tragedy is that most homeowner's insurance will pay a fire department fee as part of indemnifying a homeowner's claim involving fire dept/EMS.

These fuckwad fire departments should know that.

quote:

Cranick says he told the operator he would pay whatever is necessary to have the fire put out.

His offer wasn't accepted, he said.
South Fulton's mayor said that the fire department can't let homeowners pay the fee on the spot, because the only people who would pay would be those whose homes are on fire.
I guess the idea of having a higher on the spot fee is just too complicated for the extortionate firefighters of Tennessee.

KoRMaK posted:

I'm kind of wondering what kind of person doesnt pay the fire dept fee if you are in a county like that tho
I think that article paints a good picture:

quote:

The fire started when the Cranicks' grandson was burning trash near the family home. As it grew out of control, the Cranicks called 911, but the fire department from the nearby city of South Fulton would not respond.

"We wasn't on their list," he said the operators told him.

Cranick, who lives outside the city limits, admits he "forgot" to pay the annual $75 fee.
"Insurance is going to pay for what money I had on the policy, looks like. But like everything else, I didn't have enough."
Old man who's losing it and can't keep track of bills and doesn't know how much a dollar is now, or just plain idiot? Probably a bit of both.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU