Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Mistle posted:

Not like those "stay back 200 feet not responsible for broken windshields" signs on the back of a truck that you'd need to be about 100 feet away to read, and that's when the sign is clean and legible and not covered in dirt or mud.

Bullshit, they all say "not responsible for road objects" because they're trying to pass it off like they didn't have an unsecured load, it just got kicked up from the road see? Yeah, that's the ticket!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

That poo poo ain't poo poo, hold my beer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJVz8N_PJ2E&hd=1

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dirk the Average posted:

It's one of the reasons the 3D printed ventilator valves are a bit sketchy; properly sanitizing/sterilizing them isn't something that's tenable. That being said, an improperly sterilized valve is preferable to certain death with no valve at all, but it's definitely not ideal.

The one you're probably thinking of is actually printed out of a medical grade plastic that can be autoclaved.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Memento posted:

Who knows how much the float weighs, but the water cart on the back is a CAT 773E, 40,000kg unloaded. So at highway speeds, that's a hell of a lot of momentum. Astute observers will notice that they made it most of the way through the bridge before coming to a stop.

It doesn't look like there's concrete everywhere though, so maybe that bridge is just lower at one side? Still. S'hosed.

SpaceCadetBob posted:

From looking hard at the shadows, the previous joists seem to still be straight so it looks to me like it must have just caught the edge of that last one by pure bad luck or a bump in the road.

Yeah, the road underneath goes up an incline, no bump, it was just straight short enough to fit the one side and not make it out the other without going through the beam.

hosed up traffic on the commute right proper for a while, though, amazingly, the engineering study found that the overpass it hit was fine so long as they closed the lanes on that side, so down to one lane instead of a full closure.

Remember finding out about that one by Waze informing me that my commute home would be roughly 3x as long if I took my usual route. Fun.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe