Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Engage safety squints

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SizzlingLittleBelugawhale-mobile.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Phanatic posted:

Scale. The hot iron oxidizes on contact with atmospheric O2, then that flakes off when they pound it.

I want to know what the guy's dumping in when they start pushing the punch through and why it's catching on fire.

Looks like it's dirt or ash from the ground. Maybe it's to keep the punch from sticking to the metal.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hell, visit the USS Texas and you can see one in all its hugeness.

I did

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

`Nemesis posted:

This is supposedly the largest operating counterblow hammer in the world, and it's only a few miles from me. A buddy works at this place and they do defense work so zero chance of getting to see it in person.

What kind of defense work do that to with that? Like smash terrorists?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why does a water slide need to go 70mph?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I just really don't want to be strapped into something that goes really fast on water and ends in a big pool. With my luck, it ends up upside down and the teenager from Lithuania can't get the restraint release to work.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Harton posted:

Yeah seriously never jump in. Friends dad was power washing his pool and knocked the washer in the pool with him electrocuting him and killing him instantly. His oldest son was in the driveway and thought he had a heart attack so he jumped in after him and died instantly also. loving tragic..........until like a year ago I found out the rest of his family are total CHUDS and now honestly it’s probably for the best.

So much for the tolerant left.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

I choose to believe this means the children of the deceased are hopping mad about it.

I was also thinking this. Like they are standing there shouting "DECLARE HER DEAD LIKE THE TV SHOWS, DO IT!"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You can't prove his head isn't breathing somewhere until you find it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

Pretty much. Highly radioactive material is basically a rock that feels hot to to the touch forever. It's like a magic source of free energy, until your entire family dies and a government containment crew liquidates your house.

Might as well because the radiation liquidated your family's insides.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Was it delivered by some special chemical courier or something?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Sucks that those people who land there will be stuck inside the airplane until the next day before they can take back off to land at a working airport.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Holy poo poo that's hosed up. I'm not sure what other horrible atrocities this era will be known for, but over the top police brutality will be one of them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mozi posted:

oh i'd rip the hell out of the hose, to heck with that stuff

The hose is designed to separate to prevent damage to the pump when idiots drive off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Icon Of Sin posted:

This brings me back to the Pascal B nuclear test, where a manhole cover became the fastest human-made object ever recorded (before likely vaporizing in the atmosphere).

https://www.businessinsider.com/fastest-object-robert-brownlee-2016-2

Accelerated to 5x earth’s escape velocity by a nuclear weapon while still in atmosphere, the most :black101: of ways to get vaporized.

I read recently that it is possible the manhole cover was going so fast that it didn't have time to vaporize. I can only hope that whatever foundry cast that steel plate is the first corporation to wipe out a whole alien civilization.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, that's the one. They tried to film it but it only showed up on one frame so all they had was a lower bound for the speed it was moving.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Look up Stephen Mader. The murder is intentional. He was a marine veteran responding to someone with a gun. He was using his military training to defuse the situation because you can't just indiscriminately kill people. Two more cops show up and immediately shoot and kill the guy. A few days later, Mader is fired for not murdering the guy with the gun.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 6, 2019

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Were his clothes ripped off in an industrial accident or something?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Is burying nukes around ICBM launch sites to defend against enemy nukes OSHA (Apologies for lovely pics, taking snaps of books is hard)?

What does this do? Trick the incoming missile into thinking the launch site already got blowed up and then it goes home?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pile Of Garbage posted:

In development testing at White Sands it failed in some fun ways:

Imagine the Russians have launched an ICBM at us and the last thing you see is this before you're vaporized.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Groda posted:

The ground wire is green-yellow, so it's probably from a country where 'electrical ground' and 'soil' are the same word in the local language.

Like earth and earth?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mozi posted:

*reading through thread on my cellphone while waiting to be extricated from toppled-over crane*

wish you guys had posted this 10 minutes ago!

When you tip the cup, yank it up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Stay safe volcano ghost

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Balancing the ladder on a medicine ball is the bit that makes it unbelievable.

Doin it for the gram

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Slanderer posted:

The difference is that it is not commonly known just how easy it is to permanently blind people (or crowds of people) with high powered chinese lasers (which people also dont realize are illegal). It was a big enough problem when they were just being used to blind aircraft pilots, but now some youtuber is going to make a "prank" video of him shining a laser at random people down the street, or groups of people at a concert or show.

Mostly because people just assume that the cheap lasers are whatever color they are. The cheap ones are IR lasers passed through a frequency doubler to get visible light, but some of the IR light still gets through. Our eyes have a blink response to bright visible light, but not invisible light. Add on to the fact that when you shine the light through glass, the IR light bends and bounces differently so you don't realize you're getting blasted with IR light because the green or blue light is going somewhere else. Not to mention when they don't even bother putting an IR filter on so the IR light can add to the power of the laser to do kickin rad balloon pops.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Pff, my dad's got some tools. Just need to hammer that out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

What is this from? I swear I've seen this before. Movie or tv I guess?

It's been in movie theaters and on TV

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm reporting YOU!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why are people driving into it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

Let's really get this derail going:

Tell me about how you all pump gas. Do you have the latch that let's you pump hands-free? Are you in some place where you're not allowed to pump your own gas? Let's derail this baby!

You've just summoned Three Olives.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

On a treadmill

If you put a gas pump on a treadmill, would it even be able to pump gas?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They would have to make Willow trees illegal if they did that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Also human burning foam.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

uvar posted:

Fire evacuations are easy. When the alarm goes off the most important things are to save your work, look out the windows for a bit, and then get to the assembly area promptly, even if your route will take you outside and then back into another wing of the same building where the alarms are also going off because it's a lot shorter than following the driveway round and everyone else is already doing it.

The second step is to start gossiping immediately RE:whodunit this time.

Finally, also via gossip, figure out which missing employees are potentially trapped inside and which ones just went for lunch without bothering to sign out.

(We also had a broken SMS warning system for a while so I came back from an outing, unlocked a few doors and walked to my office in the middle of a lock down drill, totally oblivious to the silence around me)

I used to work in a SCIF and a major part of fire drills was discussing if we were allowed to use the side exits without getting a security violation. Also if it was worth it because we would have to walk all the way to the front of the building to get back in.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Nenonen posted:

edit to add: sheesh, I was wondering why the OP would include #FoxNews in his tweet but then I looked at his Twitter account, the guy's a living MAGA chud stereotype... :stare:

A lot of the stories my phone shows me that are like this come from Fox News. In addition to being the authority of kowtowing to fascism, they are also apparently the authority on weird news stories.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

How much does the tour of the spillway cost?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Does any video exist of the bay bridge thing? Looks like he deleted it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I found a mirror of the video. He does insane poo poo around 20 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22nYaAxzsZU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

One of the subtweets keeps insisting "It's not a trailer, it's an implement of husbandry!" like some kind of sovcit crime-avoiding magic words.

https://twitter.com/kinburnsheep/status/1207723014433001472?s=20

I am the living trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I like how half of those would be right at home in one of those "25 AMAZING stair designs we wish were in our house!" ad filled facebook spam websites.