Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

amd ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
amd ftw

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my two big machines are within like 5% teraflops or whatever. what i do know is that my ryzen has more cores so it's cooler, but my intel has big/little and most of the time lives out of the latter, so it's cooler

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

more cores

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its not even the machine with most cores in the house

can you tell i like cores

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

who doesnt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this mf not just likes cores he loves cores

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i just figured it out. thats why he likes corea so much

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

i just figured it out. thats why he likes corea so much

wow, racist much?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

my 2800 still going strong and suiting needs. thank u amd

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
last night my desktop just suddenly dumped to black screen and rebooted. not even a BSOD. after i logged back in i checked the event viewer and saw a hardware event with "cache hierarchy error"

i haven't made any hardware changes or BIOS updates in years. wonder if the memory controller on my 5800X is starting to die. guess i'll see if it happens again.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

last night my desktop just suddenly dumped to black screen and rebooted. not even a BSOD. after i logged back in i checked the event viewer and saw a hardware event with "cache hierarchy error"

i haven't made any hardware changes or BIOS updates in years. wonder if the memory controller on my 5800X is starting to die. guess i'll see if it happens again.

i got those a lot with my old ryzen 9 3900x and a gigabyte board, after enabling the resizable-BAR support that was back-ported to the platform.

haven't had the issue with my 7950x

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/amd-and-raytheon-team-up-for-advanced-chip-packaging-for-military-applications

No longer jizzin’ for Ryzen

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

You think Intel doesn't also have military contracts?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

akadajet posted:

You think Intel doesn't also have military contracts?

nice whataboutism

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

quote:

Under the contract, Raytheon will package state-of-the-art commercial devices from industry partners like AMD to create a compact microelectronics package that will convert radio frequency energy to digital information with more bandwidth and higher data rates. The integration will result in new system capabilities designed with higher performance, lower power consumption and reduced weight.

that sounds like a Xilinx thing

altera and Xilinx still basically like entirely separate entities from intel/amd tech wise. it certainly is confusing when you see something like “AMD launches new ARM SoC” and it’s about an MPSoC

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
xilinx also have an awesome video hardware encoder, which is ironic when amf is the worst garbage out there

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the Xilinx acquisition was only in 2022 though, it’ll definitely take some time for anything to make it to silicon

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Lmao, whose chips aren't being used in the military.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

well, if you mean the US then huawei to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

kliras posted:

xilinx also have an awesome video hardware encoder, which is ironic when amf is the worst garbage out there

amf is so loving bad

synchronisation primitives? go gently caress yourself pal. i'm going to unrecoverably crash.