Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

dk2m posted:

what are you guys getting for black friday? i got my eye on building a gaming pc for that dumb new half life game coming out. i haven't built a pc since 2008 so i have no clue what i'm doing, but we'll see.

how will you be a slave to capitalism this friday???

I'm not sure what I'm getting. Whatever fits inside my jacket I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
super tempted to get an ultrawide 34 inch monitor or whatever

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Idk about getting but im planning on giving out some black eyes

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I can't find black friday sales on booze anywhere but maybe I can find a new soldering iron, the temperature knob on mine only seems to do 2 temps now, "vaporize the solder" and "gently nudge the unmelted solder"

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

gonna get up late and sip an espresso while watching videos of people trampling each other to save 3¢ on towels

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Tickets if you stave the cold. ! bing 2 bing. 3 bings is the magic number, for an LG product.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

OP, I'm going to some some trampling. As is customary.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Chinatown posted:

super tempted to get an ultrawide 34 inch monitor or whatever
I've had this one for the past 8 months and I'm extremely pleased with it.

Acer ED347CKR bmidphzx 34" UW-QHD 3440x1440 100Hz 4ms HDMI DisplayPort DVI AMD FreeSync Built-in Speakers USB Hub UltraWide Backlit LED Curved Gaming Monitor https://m.newegg.com/product/N82E16824011196?m_ver=1

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

GEE WILLIKERS, BLACK FRIDAY SURE REMINDS ME OF 'DAWN OF THE DEAD' IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, AM I RITE?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Black Friday is the modern equivalent of those werid village fesitvals where they run from bulls or chase a cheese down a hill

I hate the new trend of like tickets and crowd control ajd poo poo. I just want yo get rowdy and wreck poo poo

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm going to the container store so I can organize my current possessions in order to buy more possessions.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Mi6-FQXiw

:mmmhmm: :hehe:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Black Friday is for idiots, but if you shop on Thanksgiving I hope you burn in hell

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I’m going to target. Season 7 of game of thrones is on sale for like $10 and that is an easy gift.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

remigious posted:

I’m going to target. Season 7 of game of thrones is on sale for like $10 and that is an easy gift.
:nice:

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Zeluth posted:

Considering AMD again after all these years.

just tossed a radeon 580 in my pc to replace a GTX 760 and hooooly gently caress is it good

cnut
May 3, 2016

So far I've bought a hard drive and a paper shredder. Thinking about a steam mop :thunk:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m not planning on buying anything but I am planning on queuing up at Walmart and hoping for the opportunity to trample some elderly to death

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Building a new gaming pc. I7 9700K and transferring my GeForce 1070.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

I’m actually in target right now and it’s on sale now! So gently caress Black Friday, I’ll be staying home :)

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Universe Master posted:

Building a new gaming pc. I7 9700K and transferring my GeForce 1070.

No ray tracing for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8elxpSu9pw

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Got a good deal on summoning circle and magic ingredients. Intend to make this the BLACKEST Friday.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i need some new bike shoes so if something is on sale ill buy them

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I'm not upgrading the graphics card until nvidia becomes less insane with their prices this generation.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Hopefully I get the joy of watching livestreams of people murdering each other over lovely off-brand TVs and such.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

a mysterious cloak posted:

Hopefully I get the joy of watching livestreams of people murdering each other over lovely off-brand TVs and such.

The last two seasons have been relatively tame. TVs have been dirt cheap at Costco for years now. Everyone has a primary one now so I'd assume any purchases this year are for second bedrooms which people may not be willing to die for.

I hope not, though.

I'm going to get my first iPad since the first gen one. That fucker is like a brick compared to the new stuff so I'm excited for new gadgetry.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

consumer electronics are so boring

ohh lala look at these graphics :rolleyes:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Peachfart posted:

Black Friday is for idiots, but if you shop on Thanksgiving I hope you burn in hell

If you shop on any holiday, I hope you burn in hell.

I hope the demons gently caress you with a razor bladed dildo.
I hope they take your intestines out and make you skip rope with them.
I hope you suffer.

Because you are the reason that people with me don't get to celebrate holidays and be with their families.

I hope you die.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you're working retail your number one priority should be trying to find a way out. Just put in minimal effort 100% of the time and if you get fired put a friend's number down as the contact information as your old "manager."

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

my dog died im sad posted:

Is there a black Friday song? Like has Randy Newman or Hank Williams III recorded a black Friday anthem?

You got them Black Friday blues
Shopping for some new shoes
Short people gotta reach to the bottom of the isle
Xmas tree really tall, just gonna make you smile
*annoying rag-time piano riff*

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Unless there are some super good deals on motorcycle exhaust, probably nothing.
Gas for the drive down to Portland, but that will probably have increased in price.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Hopefully there's better fights this year but Amazon and other online retailers have kinda tamed this once noble annual consumer bloodsport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Online shopping should be forbidden on Black Friday