Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm sure Instant Jellyfish will have a sweet and friendly reply but I'm not her.

electrocute the gently caress out of them with the biggest charger you can possibly put on your fence. Because otherwise you're looking at a huge lawsuit when a car inevitably hits your loose rear end in a top hat goat(s).

also the goat isn't going to freeze to death. It's much more likely to find the front of a car and ruin your life because that's goats.

E: That rude rear end in a top hat will teach her how to do it, too.

E2: Two lines of electric on top of the fence. Get one you plug in, not a solar one, if at all possible. 10 miles minimum. He'll learn fast. It will nearly drop you. Don't play with it to test it. Lowes has an outstanding one and it's about $80.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Interesting side note regarding this: I'll sometimes let them out in the yard when the weather's nicer so they can scratch that itch for exploration they've got and also eat up weeds and underbrush and whatnot, and the loving weird thing is they seem to understand the property lines?? I don't understand how, but I've sometimes just kinda left them to their own devices for a while and they've never once actually left the property even given the perfect opportunity to do so. Not saying it's impossible that it could happen, just that I'm surprised it hasn't given how many times they've found ways to get loose over the years.

It's because they have underbrush to entertain them so far. When you don't, it's time to fling yourself into the nether world. Preferably by taking out as many toddlers as you can in the happy singy bus headed to Disneyland

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Depends on the charger. I have some pretty high impediments. A fuckin' LGD pup shoved a whole dry log under a wire and it was still zappy.

But yeah, shove your goats into the fence. It's fun when they realize the fence is danger now because they look so betrayed.