Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Brand is the best?
NXT
Smackdown
Raw
BROCK LESNER!!!!!
View Results

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

that cruiserweight match was really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i only just realized that they waited on announcing the nxt men's team in case somebody died at the ppv

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Hirez posted:

I also like that KO has to face Ciampa/Lee. That better lead to a turn or something because otherwise it's dumb if he starts fighting them

i have a feeling KO showing up last night was a swerve and seth is the one turning

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

oh hey it's actually a 3-way tag match.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Blaise330 posted:

calling this the best preshow of the year feels like the most empty compliment but eh, it is.

to be fair, the battle royale was predictably lame as always

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Blaise330 posted:

It woulda been amazing if Ziggler messed up one of this 5 HBK spots and got eliminated so they had to change the finish on the fly.

street profits should have won and i mean that 100% wholeheartedly

at least the correct tag team won the 3-way

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

lawler, cole, and beth is a dirt worst level commentary team

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

wow pete dunne is a fuckin loser

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

bray wyatt stole kairi sane's belt wearing technique and i'm SHOOK

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

guessing rey vs brock is main eventing b/c of cain

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

we could have done something fun with kevin owens but gently caress it, roman reigns will begin his long win streak

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

STAC Goat posted:

Ha! The eliminated Walter without paying off the fan response to him and then they eliminated Owens without paying off the tease of his loyalty. You gotta love WWE's commitment to never ever giving a satisfying pay off to something.

meanwhile commentary talked the whole time while getting nothing over

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

DeepDickPizza posted:

How is this worse than that dreadful women’s match?

a number of the women are worse workers, but the candace/io thing was the only explicitly super dumb part

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i remember thinking last year that they booked the worst possible way they could with all of the old guys being the ones to run out the men's match.

this is basically just as bad despite having none of the old men in it.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

"[NN posted:

Darel" post="500286170"]
I've watched two nights of this poo poo to see Keith Lee do something super cool and have been completely disappointed.

leapfrogging 2 men and a middle rope spirit bomb were the only cool things he's done, it's sad

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

this is roman reigns's first survivor series 5-on-5 match win, isn't it

EDIT: it definitely is since 2016

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That's legit the coolest poo poo.*

*in WWE for the past year, or the coolest thing they've let Rey do since he came back. It'd be the Start of a hype moment at AEW Dynamite. An AEW PPV would've done this much cooler and likely resulted in people comparing it to the Father/Son Kamehameha.

when will kenny do a father/son hadouken with somebody

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Grem posted:

Did someone run over Shayna? wtf is on her back

it's kinesio tape, she took a finisher through two chairs last night

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I think this match isn't really telling any story, so it's going from spot to spot without really giving anyone anything to work with. Shayna isn't showing off her submission skills, Bayley isn't showing a new aggression, and Becky isn't showing her confidence/cockiness

it's everything people say that young bucks matches are, but also very slow

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Astro7x posted:

CM Punk chant starting now

there's been several audible ones over the course of the night to be fair.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i guess the show is over. go home.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

that was a bad shayna takeover match but with an extra person there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Hirez posted:

The Keith Lee defeat was the biggest kick in the balls of the night. Just to get Roman over?? at least he pinned Seth clean, but then Roman kicking out of the spirit bomb and losing to a spear was loving pathetic. Land the moonsault and pin Roman clean and you have your next big superstar, but this is the WWE and so gently caress you

gotta get ready for Roman's royal rumble win and wrestlemania main event somehow

EDIT: also I'd recommend going to the preshow and watching the two triple threat matches on it, they were quite good and free