Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

sportsgenius86 posted:

I hate Shane, but what has he done that’s really that bad?

goosing Julie Hart is the worst thing I can think of

also the end of Raw the night after the '09 Rumble is still one of the worst segments I've ever seen on a wrestling show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, Shane is regular-grade bad and a lot of his sins are ones of upbringing and proximity; Heyman is basically a really successful con artist who paid people in cocaine.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
shane mcmahon is lame as gently caress

paul heyman is a cult leading conman

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Paul pretty much allowed drug deals in the ECW locker room right?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

In Gary Michael Cappetta's book Bodyslams he relays a story where he meets Shane as a teen. He asks him what he knows about wrestling. Shane responds that it's important to make the wrestlers feel useless so you don't have to pay them as much.

That is just Shane saying the quiet part of what his dad taught him loudly and directly.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The McMahon kids are all oddly really bad at that

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Shane is a product of his upbringing and while he's still lovely, he's nowhere near Heyman. I know it's a low bar to clear, but as the best of the McMahons (including Hunter), he at least deserves to not be in the main 64

Everyone on this list is a product of their upbringing. It can be tempting to think that people who do bad things are intrinsically evil but that's not really the case. All of us could do awful things if our genes and life experiences were slightly different.

With that said, Vince takes the crown in my view because although he may not have directly done anything as bad as some of the competitors he's implicated in many cases and profited from the people involved in almost all of them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There used to be an easier to read list but I can't find it. Here's a breakdown of everyone ECW owed money to.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.pro-wrestling.ecw/zJ6L-Q_eJVI

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Suplex Liberace posted:

yes paul's enduring popularity with everyone is baffling seeing as he just hosed over everyone in ecw
The thing about gifted con-men is the con manages to somehow work on even people aware of it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Withholding money from Tommy Dreamer and Shane Douglas is praxis, actually

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The original NY64 thread has been moved to Comedy Purgatory (that name is going to be changed at some point to make it clear it is the forum for really, really good threads that don't necessarily fit in the Comedy Goldmine) if anybody is looking for it, because I think it's a thread that absolutely needs to be accessible forever for everybody.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

The original NY64 thread has been moved to Comedy Purgatory (that name is going to be changed at some point to make it clear it is the forum for really, really good threads that don't necessarily fit in the Comedy Goldmine) if anybody is looking for it, because I think it's a thread that absolutely needs to be accessible forever for everybody.

That's what purgatory basically is, people who aren't good enough for heaven but have served their time morally.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
The Trump rule should apply to the McMahons and maybe even HHH to be honest.

That’s a battle for sixth place otherwise.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Desperately hoping this year people don't fall for the myth again that Chris Benoit killed his family

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Everyone's least favorite person found the tournament and ruined my plan to make him one of the play in entrants.

https://twitter.com/mclevy76/status/1199086556079951872

https://twitter.com/mclevy76/status/1199094938157367298

The worst people hate this tournament.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 26, 2019

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
lmao he's trying to get the Voices of Wrestling twitter to snitch on you

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

it rules how even thirty seconds of looking would be enough, but this is the guy that thinks "Double Cody H" is clever

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

OctoberCountry posted:

lmao he's trying to get the Voices of Wrestling twitter to snitch on you

i feel like it's very public knowledge

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Someone in the VCR replies said NY64/Mongo was a Bix burner a few days back.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
it's hilarious how easy it is, just clicking on the #NY64 leads you to the Monumental Podcast account (which leads to HulkaMatt and MRT).

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
That guy would be the #1 seed on unlikable wrestling Twitter personalities.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It feels quaint that last time we had to wait at least a week before WWE fans found the tournament and started raging at it and now we have them from day 1.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

After this you should do a wrestling Twitter shitposter 64 with Fray, nazar, levy, that Eric guy that stalked randy Orton, Seth Rollins, etc.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
USEFUL ADDITIONAL NOTES AFTER LISTENING TO THE PODCAST;

Benoit tried to bully either London or Kendrick into seducing a waitress while he, Jamie Noble, and the London/Kendrick partner his in the hotel closet, watched, and masturbated.

Vince Sr helped cover up Mel Phillips, bragged on an FBI wiretap about threatening Dr Jerry Graham.

Linda was key in the Tom Cole cover up. At one point she said she didn't believe anymore that he was abused and that Mel Phillips just had a foot fetish that was misconstrued.

Bischoff was directly accused of using racial slurs in the discrimination lawsuits on top of his institutional failure. Was successfully sued for discrimination when he basically called a certain Torch columnist/elementary school teacher a child molester. Yet he learned nothing, and 18 years later, he more or less said on his podcast that Dave Meltzer looks like a pedophile.

Flair was accused of martial rape in Beth's divorce filing.

Hogan was privately accused of raping a Mall of America public relations staffer, sued her for extortion, she countered...and he settled?!?!?

Jannetty actually posted a few stories of sexually assaulting people on Wrestling Classics. The plane story is most famous, but they was also the rape by deception where had a straight friend who he told he was hooking up with a female groupie...only to find a gay guy to do it instead.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

davidbix posted:

Hachi machi!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

Benoit tried to bully either London or Kendrick into seducing a waitress while he, Jamie Noble, and the London/Kendrick partner his in the hotel closet, watched, and masturbated.

Vince Sr helped cover up Mel Phillips, bragged on an FBI wiretap about threatening Dr Jerry Graham.

Linda was key in the Tom Cole cover up. At one point she said she didn't believe anymore that he was abused and that Mel Phillips just had a foot fetish that was misconstrued.

Bischoff was directly accused of using racial slurs in the discrimination lawsuits on top of his institutional failure. Was successfully sued for discrimination when he basically called a certain Torch columnist/elementary school teacher a child molester. Yet he learned nothing, and 18 years later, he more or less said on his podcast that Dave Meltzer looks like a pedophile.

Flair was accused of martial rape in Beth's divorce filing.

Hogan was privately accused of raping a Mall of America public relations staffer, sued her for extortion, she countered...and he settled?!?!?

Jannetty actually posted a few stories of sexually assaulting people on Wrestling Classics. The plane story is most famous, but they was also the rape by deception where had a straight friend who he told he was hooking up with a female groupie...only to find a gay guy to do it instead.

Well gently caress.

The next play in is up.

https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1199137003071254528

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I think I gotta go with AJ here. Being so outwardly and publicly gross with slurs kinda cinches it up.

What's the list of people Brock has hurt by the way? I know he hosed up Bob Holly and Orton and I'm not gonna weep over those two assholes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheKingslayer posted:

I think I gotta go with AJ here. Being so outwardly and publicly gross with slurs kinda cinches it up.

What's the list of people Brock has hurt by the way? I know he hosed up Bob Holly and Orton and I'm not gonna weep over those two assholes.

Orton, Undertaker got concussions, Roman got "banged up" and I believe there is one other elbow concussion but I can't remember who.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Orton, Undertaker got concussions, Roman got "banged up" and I believe there is one other elbow concussion but I can't remember who.

Cena?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Wasn't Lesnar anti-Semitic in some form, carving out an exception for Heyman?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Deathlove posted:

Wasn't Lesnar anti-Semitic in some form, carving out an exception for Heyman?

He refers to Paul as, "His jew".

I think the story is when he came back he tried to cut a promo and sucked so he went to gorilla and told Vince, "I need my jew!"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
voted for the labour aristocrat, brock lesnar

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Voted Paul and AJ (AJ more cause he's more openly homophobic and also lol Flat Earth)

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Brock and AJ are more or less lovely in the same way. Brock gets bonus points for knowing his value. He is a lot stiffer if people don't like that. Like punching Braun was a major dickhead move

I'm going with AJ because I think the WWEs shameful payroll situation relative to other wrestling promotions is one of their underrated crimes and Brock puts some pressure on that.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

davidbix posted:

Wasn't this on that scummy wrestling stories list that was mostly debunked?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

This feels like a total push.
Stagnant opinions about marginalized groups feels almost quaint in this tournament of murderers, sex traffickers, mafioso, cargo cult leaders and child molesters.

I went with Brock but I kinda want to change my vote if only because Brock makes no effort to cover his utter misanthropy and does the world a service by sequestering himself whenever possible.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 26, 2019

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Wasn't this on that scummy wrestling stories list that was mostly debunked?
It may have been, but Londrick told the story in one of their Highspots shoot interviews in the context of "you knew Benoit was crazy, right?"

I can provide receipts for basically everything I mentioned other than the missing Jannetty post.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I think Benoit dropped it when London mentioned he had a girlfriend but Noble was still very insistent

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Pretty sure AJ has liked some Islamophobic tweets on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AJ's biggest non Obama racism is liking the tweet about Muslim refugees being invaders.