Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

When can I vote for Rory Gulak in one of these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

When can I vote for Rory Gulak in one of these

at the Indyscum 500

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
I feel like, if you actually ran the Indyscum 500, Rory Gulak would still wind up losing to Ian Rotten.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm glad that Chris Benoit has finally been vindicated

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I find Vince to be the worst by default. If he hasn't been directly involved in all the other incidents he at least condoned them. So I'm looking at this tourney as a race for second so I voted for Benoit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1214361713094660098

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I find Vince to be the worst by default. If he hasn't been directly involved in all the other incidents he at least condoned them. So I'm looking at this tourney as a race for second so I voted for Benoit.

Yeah, Vince never pulled the trigger but he helped every single person hide the gun.

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.

fatherofmustard posted:

Isn't Rusev white?

Racists have really weird standards over what counts as "a real white person" and scary foreigners don't make the cut. Wouldn't be surprised much if Vince was the kind of boomer to think Eastern Europeans/slavic people were like some second-string "less good" variant of white people. He was born in 1945 to a rich, abusive father so that's exactly the kind of super archaic poo poo someone like him could feasibly hold onto still.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
In the UK we organise government policy by way of fear and hatred of Eastern Europeans.

I went with Vince and Mel but am not entirely satisfied with either choice. They're all worthy "winners".

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Man, "The Entire Wrestling Industry" should have been an entry. I'm just imagining the judge at Zumhofe's trial wondering if he can get Verne Gagne arrested which would be very hard because he is dead. Just yikes. Do you have to smash your moral compass with a hammer before you're allowed to step into the ring? Just the dog in the meme surrounded by child fuckers thinking 'this is fine'

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

fatherofmustard posted:

Isn't Rusev white?

The concept of whiteness means nothing and exists solely for the purpose of persecuting minorities. That's why Irish and Italian people aren't white when they need to be forced into low paying work, but they count as white when the ruling classes need them to help oppress other groups. Slavs (like Rusev) are treated this way as well.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Vince beat Benoit and it looks like Mel will beat Buck.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
at least Chris Benoit did some good in the world by killing Chris Benoit

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Finals start Friday.

https://twitter.com/HulkaMatt/status/1215086417870753794

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This one is for all of the marbles!

https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1215802585724092416

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think Vince should have been ours concours because at the end of the day "he enabled it" trumps everything else.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jess enabled it all, truly. or at least Vince senior. he was in it. this is hosed

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
it’s gotta be, its gotta be Vince!!!!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Desperately hoping this year people don't fall for the myth again that Chris Benoit killed his family

Thank you all for not falling for the liberal media's lies.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Please tell me Mel Phillips is on Donald Trump's reelection SuperPAC so I can vote for him

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

If I killed and ate Mel Philips there would be some very relieved sexual abuse victims in the world.
If I killed and ate Vince McMahon I would actively make the world a better place on a grand scale. And also probably some very relieved sexual abuse victims in the world.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vince Rehired Mel after the first wave of abuse stories were out there so yeah...

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Someone post that interview clip where the guy asks Vince if he feels any responsibility for the deaths of Perfect and Bulldog (I think?) and Vince just loses it. It's a good summary of some of Vince's feelings in general.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Vince Rehired Mel after the first wave of abuse stories were out there so yeah...
Well, not publicly. Right as everything was about to break publicly in March 1992, he told Meltzer and Mushnick that he had fired Phillips 4 years earlier because he suspected something was up...only to rehire him as long as he stayed away from kids.

I still don't get how Vince admitting to that wasn't a MUCH bigger deal, even in 1992. Nobody covered it as a big part of the story, not Mushnick, not Meltzer, not Keller, not John Arezzi, not Alex Marvez...nobody. It was a footnote, proof of one of the things Vince lied about on TV, and that was it. Mushnick even sat on it for 2 weeks until Vince went on TV and he could use it to impeach the TV statements. I don't think it's *ever* been addressed in any of Dave's retrospectives. Hell, at the time, Dave never even reported that Vince told him. He reported on Mushnick's column while omitting the part about himself.

Once Phillips was gone—and he was gone right as the story was breaking—then much of the story was about what upper management did or didn't know. That's how it was even covered at the time! So Vince making that admission—even if not admitting to awareness of any specific molestation—and it not being a big story is just impossibly confusing to me.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Vince McMahon supports revolving door hiring policies. Vince McMahon even rehired Mel Phillips, a serial child molester. Can you trust a man like Vince McMahon? Vote Mel Phillips for mayor

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Wow that is an amazing collective failure on the part of the press.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It's alright though. Now the press report on institutionalised child abuse by the powerful much more thoroughly.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Those journalists are all honourable crusaders, fighting the liberal media and its incessant campaign of hatred against decent hard-working men like Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Speaking of which: How the gently caress did Penn State rebuild their football program after Jerry Sandusky? It's not even like Joe Paterno was even there anymore, what's the incentive of playing football for that school?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ChrisBTY posted:

Speaking of which: How the gently caress did Penn State rebuild their football program after Jerry Sandusky? It's not even like Joe Paterno was even there anymore, what's the incentive of playing football for that school?

Only 15 players chose to transfer out after the sanctions were announced in 2012. They haven't missed the post-season since the ban was ended after only two years, and their scholarship restrictions were lifted as well. They had a couple low years and then went right back to 10 wins a season average under Franklin.

They didn't really change anything, just shuffled off Sandusky and waited for the public attention to drift. As for why players want to go there? http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/p

They reliably put people in the NFL draft.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Someone post that interview clip where the guy asks Vince if he feels any responsibility for the deaths of Perfect and Bulldog (I think?) and Vince just loses it. It's a good summary of some of Vince's feelings in general.

https://youtu.be/rf-sNmLjzz0

1:45 or so

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Liquid Communism posted:

They reliably put people in the NFL draft.

Good enough. I figured all the hype around Penn State revolved around Paterno and once he left, regardless of circumstance, the program would crumble.
(Unfortunately evil suppurates every corner of the world. To so much as leave the house is to drown in it. Partially because too many people can't/won't drag people like Vince McMahon to hell where they belong).

That's another reason why I voted Vince: he is an "Everything that is wrong with the human condition" Elemental.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 11, 2020

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1216080946715340802

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I've already got

The ACH T-Shirt
Dijack's Ethnic Cleansing Gimmick
Saudi Plane Incident
Lana/Lashley

But I need help since I don't watch WWE anymore.

Did any of the Ambrose cancer promos happen in 2019?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I've already got

The ACH T-Shirt
Saudi Plane Incident
Lana/Lashley

But I need help since I don't watch WWE anymore.

Did any of the Ambrose cancer promos happen in 2019?

- Mike Kanellis resigns his deal and is immediately put into a cuck angle, to the point where he asked for his release (which was denied).

- The Revival being given a gay panic gimmick to humiliate them into signing new deals.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

If I killed and ate Mel Philips there would be some very relieved sexual abuse victims in the world.
If I killed and ate Vince McMahon I would actively make the world a better place on a grand scale. And also probably some very relieved sexual abuse victims in the world.

what in the fuckin sociopathic hell

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

what in the fuckin sociopathic hell

Devour all your enemies

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

I've already got

I'm sorry what?

How did I not hear of this.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Yah what gimmick was that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm sorry what?

How did I not hear of this.

He didn't have a literal "we need to exterminate the lesser races for the good of our people" gimmick, but a lot of his in-character statements this year have been about bloodlines and honor and just generally felt like them feeling out how vaguely racist they could make him. It has all the discomfort of the Imperium without the certainty of the promotion going "these are wrestling fascists and you should boo them for that".