Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Xaris posted:

it was pretty much shut down out of anger that it wasn't popular among the white male community (because they aren't funny)

I was trying to think of an counterexample but this is the only white male vine I could remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf9FYqkyfIw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Vulture Culture posted:

It's a fun-only product with no milkshake ducks and no boomer memes from your great aunt Barbara who stands for the flag and kneels for the fallen. It turns out that people like platforms that don't give them actual anxiety when they open them

Would supporting a literal fascist dictatorship count as a milkshake duck?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

"Your mom's house" made a certain avenue of it popular by focusing on a particular subset of people....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iXO5m7aeEE

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

15 seconds is way too long and tiktok videos are bad

bring back vine

case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFVK1cd9P2k

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

rotinaj posted:

It’s an app that is trendy with the modern day equivalent of Cool Lisa

If the trendy hippy girls from the late 90sand early 2000s has been born later, they’d live the style that is being associated with VSCO.

Lol this actually does describe it pretty well

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

where is the Chinese version of yikyak? I miss trolling undergrads in semi-anonymity. tiktok is not as useful for that.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's got three times as many seconds as Vine did. That's a lot of extra value, OP!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Everyone is saying "owned by China" but have you also considered: pedophiles?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

whats a tiktok

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

numberoneposter posted:

whats a tiktok

About $1.25.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ill take 3

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Bc you touch yourself at night :madmax:

dk2m
May 6, 2009
itt: 30 something year olds not understanding what/why teenagers are into

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Because Vine was killed off..???

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

dk2m posted:

:smith:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

dk2m posted:

jokes on the teenagers because the 30yos gonna die first

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Does SA not have young people anymore? Come tell us why you use the tiktok, teenager. Sorry about the fellow olds grumbling about your generation.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Old man yells at a star-shaped red cloud

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Well, see, gramps,

Not everyone wants to stay home alone watching TV all day so you gotta find other things to do

Engaging with a larger community by creating fun videos and sharing them offers youths a way to "have fun together". You get to be creative AND laugh together.

I hope this helps you understand basic human behaviour. You can read more in my book "How to live in 2020 for Boomers and other obsolete humans"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The only cringe thing about Tik-Tok besides its homophobic anti-LGBTQ policies are pathetic adults laughing at teens and kids being goofy and having fun on it and labeling the kids "cringe" as a loving grown rear end 30+ year old man sits there spending his time mocking children.

Let the kids n teens have their poo poo man. Let them be stupid.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Yeah Tik Tok is just harmless fun as long as you don't speak out against literal concentration camps lol. https://theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/27/tiktok-makeup-tutorial-conceals-call-to-action-on-chinas-treatment-of-uighurs

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

fish and chips and dip posted:

Yeah Tik Tok is just harmless fun as long as you don't speak out against literal concentration camps lol. https://theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/27/tiktok-makeup-tutorial-conceals-call-to-action-on-chinas-treatment-of-uighurs

That really is a bad thing about it and like I said, the anti-LGBTQ poo poo too, but most people who have rage-boners for Tik Tok don't give a single poo poo about those thing so much as they lust to stare at pre-teen girls and post angry comments about them lip-synching.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to pitch a version for gay men to post short dating videos called dikcok.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

That really is a bad thing about it and like I said, the anti-LGBTQ poo poo too, but most people who have rage-boners for Tik Tok don't give a single poo poo about those thing so much as they lust to stare at pre-teen girls and post angry comments about them lip-synching.

Fair, I totally understand the need for young people to have their space online. I guess my rage boner is directed at the fascist dictatorship who are using the platform as a policy tool rather than the platform or the users themselves.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

I'd iike to invest in your idea sir

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

fish and chips and dip posted:

Fair, I totally understand the need for young people to have their space online. I guess my rage boner is directed at the fascist dictatorship who are using the platform as a policy tool rather than the platform or the users themselves.

That’s every social media platform though.

Especially Something Awful.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mega64 posted:

That’s every social media platform though.

Especially Something Awful.

You'll find this is a gays only platform

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Millions of 15 second videos of dongs and buttholes

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Fartbox posted:

Millions of 15 second videos of dongs and buttholes

Link???

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It's big because its Skinnerified interface and letting billions of kids share joke videos with their friends and possibly the world. Youtube used to be the latter but it's 100% video game let's plays for the kids now (hard to believe slowbeef single-handedly destroyed Youtube).

zaepg posted:

That's my favorite Ke$ha song OP. I'm a little outdated.

Mine is "Die Young". The video is a great parody of the faux-occult imagery Lady Gaga used to put in her videos. Maybe she still does? Is that girl even still alive?
Anyway, here is "Kesha" with "Die Young", but you don't have to watch that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOubzHCUt48

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mooey Cow posted:

It's big because its Skinnerified interface and letting billions of kids share joke videos with their friends and possibly the world. Youtube used to be the latter but it's 100% video game let's plays for the kids now (hard to believe slowbeef single-handedly destroyed Youtube).

Mine is "Die Young". The video is a great parody of the faux-occult imagery Lady Gaga used to put in her videos. Maybe she still does? Is that girl even still alive?
Anyway, here is "Kesha" with "Die Young", but you don't have to watch that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOubzHCUt48

Just listened on 1,400 dollar headphones n it sounded nice ty

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Is this like a Snapchat?? I have taught myself how to use snapChat.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Snapchat is just a chat, old man

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
things go into fashion, things leave fashion again. it's a neverending journey and I'm on the bus stuck at the airport car park forlornly reading the newspaper

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Is this like a Snapchat?? I have taught myself how to use snapChat.

Do you just put naughty pictures and badly taken shots on there? Because thats the only purpose I can think of for stuff that deletes itself

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

zaepg posted:

That's my favorite Ke$ha song OP. I'm a little outdated.
https://youtu.be/QC_IltjTD-s

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The only cringe thing about Tik-Tok besides its homophobic anti-LGBTQ policies are pathetic adults laughing at teens and kids being goofy and having fun on it and labeling the kids "cringe" as a loving grown rear end 30+ year old man sits there spending his time mocking children.

Let the kids n teens have their poo poo man. Let them be stupid.

Is it ok to mock the mentally handicapped adults on there?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Some of the jokes are pretty good.

On the downside, some of the music is terrible and I listen to it now.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do you just put naughty pictures and badly taken shots on there? Because thats the only purpose I can think of for stuff that deletes itself

How did you know? Are you on my snapchat list??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Tik tok bad